Today’s news and reviews for fans of Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and Hair Bands from PariahRocks.com and the 🤘 Hard, Heavy & Hair Show.
- DISTURBED Completes Recording New Album
According to DISTURBED bassist John Moyer, the band has finished recording its new album The Hideout Recording Studio in Las Vegas, Nevada with producer Kevin Churko. Moyer broke the news by posting an Instagram photo of him, Churko, drummer Mike Wengren and guitarist Dan Donegan at a restaurant, along with the caption: “Celebratory dinner! New […]
- SLASH And NICHOLAS O’TOOLE Team Up To Create Theme Song For ‘MX Vs ATV All Out’
Rainbow Studios has announced that Slash and Nicholas O’Toole have co-written the new theme song for the popular off-road racing video game MX vs ATV All Out. Slash and Nicholas previously composed the score to Slash’s first ever horror film titled “Nothing Left To Fear”, and re-teamed to create the track “Vanishing Point” for the […]
- THE SMASHING PUMPKINS Announce ‘1979 House Party’ In Advance Of Summer Tour
Grammy Award-winning, acclaimed alternative rock pioneers THE SMASHING PUMPKINS have announced a national sweepstakes for a 1979 House Party. Inspired by their iconic “1979” music video, the band will perform an intimate show at a secret residential location in Los Angeles, California on June 28, ahead of their upcoming “Shiny And Oh So Bright Tour”, […]
- Wayward Sons announce April 2018 headline UK tour
Fresh from touring with Steel Panther and Inglorious in January, Wayward Sons have announced a lengthy run of headline dates for this spring.
- Dave Grohl Set to Record Epic 25-Minute Instrumental Piece
‘I’ll do it. Just because I can,’ says Grohl of his decision to play all the instruments on his new piece of music. Continue reading…
- LINKIN PARK’s MIKE SHINODA Plays First Solo Shows Since CHESTER BENNINGTON’s Death
According to The Pulse Of Radio, LINKIN PARK singer Mike Shinoda played his first solo shows since the death of the band’s co-vocalist, Chester Bennington, on Saturday (May 12) at the KROQ Weenie Roast in Los Angeles and Sunday (May 13) at the Identity LA festival, also in L.A. Shinoda mashed up some LINKIN PARK […]
- Metal yoga is coming to Download Festival
Download Festival goers will be able to limber up at this summer’s event at Doom Metal yoga.
- Dave Matthews Thinks Metalheads Drink a Lot and are Ugly
He’s probably right The post Dave Matthews Thinks Metalheads Drink a Lot and are Ugly appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Unsigned and Unholy: The Occvlt, The Ballad About, Hivetower
Three new unsigned bands for ya. The post Unsigned and Unholy: The Occvlt, The Ballad About, Hivetower appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Video footage of Frehley’s Comet reunion at 2018 Indianapolis KISS Fan Expo
- REFUGE Feat. RAGE Members: New Song ‘Mind Over Matter’
REFUGE, the new band comprised of current and former RAGE members Peavy Wagner, Manni Schmidt and Christos Efthimiadis, has released “Mind Over Matter”, the second single from REFUGE’s forthcoming debut album, “Solitary Men”. The disc will be released on June 8 via Frontiers Music Srl. REFUGE marks the reunion of the original, and probably most […]
- Deftones Have Several Songs Finished for Next Album
Guitarist Stephen Carpenter is more involved in the writing process this time around. The post Deftones Have Several Songs Finished for Next Album appeared first on MetalSucks.
- KISS Frontman PAUL STANLEY In Commencement Speech: ‘Make The Most Of Your Life And Be Proud Of What You Do’
Paul Stanley was the Wesley College graduation commencement speaker this past weekend. The KISS guitarist/vocalist, who’s also an author, entrepreneur and philanthropist, shared some advice with the outgoing class of 2018 on May 12 in Dover, Delaware. “Make the most of your life and be proud of what you do,” he said during his commencement […]
- PRESALE: Saxon announce four-date October 2018 tour
Yorkshire heavy metal titans Saxon have lined up four headline dates for this coming October.
- FOO FIGHTERS Return As Headliners And Curators Of ‘Cal Jam 18’
A year after the legendary debut weekend from which more than 30,000 true rock believers have barely recovered… Cal Jam 18 is back for another weekend of joyful rock and roll abandon featuring more than 20 bands on four stages this October 5-6, 2018. Promoted by Live Nation, the festival returns to Glen Helen Regional […]
- Foo Fighters, Iggy Pop + Tenacious D Lead Cal Jam 2018 Bill
Dave Grohl and Co. are bringing back the Cal Jam festival for another installment this year. Continue reading…
- IMONOLITH Feat. THREAT SIGNAL, DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT, Ex-STRAPPING YOUNG LAD Members: First Song Released
IMONOLITH, the new Canadian metal band featuring members of THREAT SIGNAL, DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT and STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, has released its first track, titled “The Reign”. Says the group: “This is a demo of one of our heavier songs. “We aren’t going to release any album-quality material until our first album is in the can […]
- ALICE IN CHAINS Guitarist On Hypothetical ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME Induction: ‘That’s A Nice Thought’
ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell says that it is “nice” to think that his band could eventually be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. The Seattle-based group, which has been eligible to be inducted into the Rock Hall since 2015, has yet to be nominated, even though two other “grunge bands” […]
- 7 Rock Stars Who Died & Came Back to Life
After flatlining, these seven musicians were saved from the afterlife. Continue reading…
- Get Progtastic with Skyharbor’s New Song “Dim”
For fans of: Corelia, Periphery, Protest The Hero. The post Get Progtastic with Skyharbor’s New Song “Dim” appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Five Finger Death Punch’s Ivan Moody Breaks Silence on Sobriety, Alcohol-Related Seizures + More
Moody speaks about suffering alcohol-related seizures, being 90 days sober, his onstage breakdown where he quit FFDP and more. Continue reading…
- SEVENDUST Vocalist Says Current Rock Festival ‘Movement’ Reminds Him Of Early Days Of OZZFEST And LOLLAPALOOZA
Prior to the group’s performance at the Carolina Rebellion festival earlier this month, SEVENDUST vocalist Lajon Witherspoon was interviewed by LA Lloyd. The full conversation can be streamed below. A few excerpts follow (as followed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): On his earliest musical influences: Lajon: “Growing up for me, church was [my] first introduction to music, growing […]
- First photo of Metallica’s James Hetfield in Ted Bundy movie revealed
The director of upcoming thriller ‘Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, And Vile’ has shared the first photo of James Hetfield in his inaugural dramatic role.
- Pig Destroyer Announce New Album, Head Cage
This is one cage in which you’ll wanna be trapped. The post Pig Destroyer Announce New Album, <em>Head Cage</em> appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Metallica Drummer Lars Ulrich Playing Guitar
Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich playing guitar at recent show of Metallica. Also, Kirk Hammett on drums.
- Them Evils Become the Life of the Party in ‘Got Me Rockin” Video – Exclusive Premiere
They’re guaranteed to always be the life of the party. Don’t believe it? Check out Them Evils’ new video. Continue reading…
- Listen to Slash’s New Theme for the Video Game MX vs ATV All Out
Probably the closest thing to new GN’R music we’re gonna get for awhile. The post Listen to Slash’s New Theme for the Video Game <em>MX vs ATV All Out</em> appeared first on MetalSucks.
- The Songs on Tool’s New Album Will Not Be Concise
There will be fewer songs on the release, but they’ll be longer than the band’s past material. The post The Songs on Tool’s New Album Will Not Be Concise appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Impending Doom Really Know How to Take Advantage of a Slow News Cycle
Their new song is called — wait for it — “Everything’s Fake.” The post Impending Doom Really Know How to Take Advantage of a Slow News Cycle appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Def Leppard Get Their Own Beer Brand With ‘Def Leppard Pale’
Learn about the band’s new brew and where you’ll be able to find it. Continue reading…
- Rob Zombie Eyes 2019 for New Album
‘You don’t wanna go just shit out some record [and go] ‘Oh, nobody cares.’ They’re only gonna care as much as you care.’ Clearly, Zombie still cares. Continue reading…
- MARK SLAUGHTER Responds To VINNIE VINCENT’s ‘No-Talent Individual’ Comment
Mark Slaughter says that he wants to take the high road and not engage in a war of words with Vinnie Vincent after his former bandmate called him a “no-talent individual” who reduced his music “to the level of worse than a local bar band.” Slaughter joined VINNIE VINCENT INVASION as the replacement for former […]
- PEARL JAM’s MIKE MCCREADY Honored At MusiCares Event
According to The Pulse Of Radio, PEARL JAM guitarist Mike McCready was honored last Thursday night (May 10) at the Showbox in Seattle, where he was bestowed with the Stevie Ray Vaughan Award from MusiCares, the charity that supports musicians dealing with addiction. McCready was presented with the award by GUNS N’ ROSES bassist Duff […]
- The Dead Daisies join the Steelhouse Festival line-up
The line-up for this year’s Steelhouse Festival just got even better.
- The Faceless Announce Summer U.S. Tour
Support will come from Lorna Shore, Dyscarnate, Nomvdic, Dead Eyes Always Dreaming, and The Convalescence. The post The Faceless Announce Summer U.S. Tour appeared first on MetalSucks.
- WATCH: Lindsey Buckingham breaks his silence on being fired from Fleetwood Mac
Lindsey Buckingham has spoken publicly for the first time about his firing from Fleetwood Mac.
- REPENTANCE Feat. STUCK MOJO, Ex-SOIL Members: ‘Collide’ Song
“Collide”, the first song from REPENTANCE, the new band featuring former SOIL and DIRGE WITHIN guitarist Shaun Glass and STUCK MOJO frontman Robby J. Fonts, can be streamed below. The track was recorded at Mercenary Studios with Scott Creekmore (DIRGE WITHIN, LIONHEART, BROKEN HOPE) and mixed and mastered by Chris Collier (PRONG, LAST IN LINE, […]
- DEF LEPPARD-Branded Beer To Be Unleashed For Tour With JOURNEY
Def Leppard Pale is what happens when a mega British rock band collides with an American craft brewery. Both fanatics of their craft, DEF LEPPARD and Elysian Brewing are excited to blend their worlds together, music and beer. The beer was brewed to fuse the infamous malt bodies of British ales with the mysteria of […]
- Season Three Of ‘Ozzy & Jack’s World Detour’ To Premiere On June 13
The Osbourne family is back this summer on A&E Network with a brand new season of their hit reality series. “Ozzy & Jack’s World Detour” returns for season 3 with another epic family road trip, with the addition of Kelly Osbourne behind the wheel, on Wednesday, June 13 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. In this season […]
- MIKE PATTON’s ‘1922’ Score To Be Made Available In July
Mike Patton’s (FAITH NO MORE, DEAD CROSS) expanded score to the Stephen King-sourced Netflix film “1922” sees a July 20 release via Ipecac Recordings. “1922 (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)” is available for pre-orders, with the collection available digitally and physically on both CD and hardwood colored vinyl. Pre-orders receive an instant download of “Sweetheart Bandits […]
- Dimmu Borgir’s Silenoz on ‘Eonian’: ‘You Tend to Get More Ambitious’ Every Album
Silenoz, one of Dimmu Borgir’s founding members, spoke with Full Metal Jackie about the band’s return with ‘Eonian’ after an eight year studio gap. Continue reading…
- Watch Dave Grohl Cover Adele With His Daughter at Benefit Show
The Foo Fighters frontman brought out his daughters Violet and Harper at the ‘Notes + Words’ benefiting UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital in California. Continue reading…
- WATCH: Massive Wagons bash Facebook with new single ‘China Plates’
Massive Wagons have premiered their Facebook-ridiculing single ‘China Plates’ and its accompanying lyric video.
- Mike Shinoda Revisits Demo Version of ‘In the End’ at 2018 Weenie Roast Concert
Watch Shinoda strip back the sound and include the audience in his performance of the emotional Linkin Park track. Continue reading…
- TOOL Members Hold Their First Music Clinic
According to The Pulse Of Radio, the members of TOOL hosted their first in a series of musical clinics in St. Paul, Minnesota on Friday night (May 11). The intimate event, which starred guitarist Adam Jones, drummer Danny Carey, and bassist Justin Chancellor, featured a discussion and demonstration of the band’s songwriting process, along with […]
- SAXON: BMG To Reissue Three Classic Albums On Splatter Vinyl, CD With Bonus Material
BMG will reissue three classic albums from British heavy metal legends SAXON on May 25: “Denim And Leather”, “Power & The Glory” and “Crusader”. SAXON, over the decades, has gone from being pioneers of the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal to becoming one of the most successful U.K. rock acts of all time. The […]
- Lamb of God Guitarist Mark Morton on The MetalSucks Podcast #238
We talk about the band’s new covers album “Legion: XX,” released under their original moniker Burn the Priest. We discuss how the band selected which songs to cover, which ones were the most difficult to learn, his favorite covers by other bands, the honor of being on the bill for Slayer’s farewell tour and his […]
- Metallica Planning Stadium Tour of Europe in 2019
Looks like they’ll be headlining some festivals. The post Metallica Planning Stadium Tour of Europe in 2019 appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Def Leppard launch their own beer
Def Leppard have joined forces with Seattle’s Elysian Brewing Company to launch their own beer.