Today’s news and reviews for fans of Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and Hair Bands from PariahRocks.com and the 🤘 Hard, Heavy & Hair Show.
- ALICE COOPER To Be Featured On New Arizona Lottery Ticket
The Arizona Lottery has announced that a new lottery scratcher ticket featuring Alice Cooper will be available to the public August 7. “We are excited to join legendary musical artist Alice Cooper with this exclusive ticket,” said Gregg Edgar, executive director of the Arizona Lottery. “The Arizona Lottery is dedicated to supporting vital programs that […]
- Metallica – Nothing Else Matters [Like You’ve Never Heard Before] Cover by Lies of Love
Subscribe Here for Support Us! https://goo.gl/dcDYH1 Thank you! Metallica – Nothing Else Matters [Orchestra Cinematic Cover] by Lies of Love Lies of Love Nicoletta Pace – Niha – Voice Enrico Condelli – Eric – Arrangements, Synth, Piano, Video
- IRON MAIDEN’s STEVE HARRIS: ‘I’m Pretty Damn Sure We Will Do Another Album’
IRON MAIDEN bassist Steve Harris has told Metal Hammer magazine that he is confident the band will eventually get around to putting together the follow-up to “The Book Of Souls” album, which arrived nearly three years ago. “We’ve got this [touring] cycle going on,” he said. “I’m pretty damn sure we will do another album, […]
- Bullet for My Valentine’s Matt Tuck Plays ‘Wikipedia: Fact or Fiction?’
Bullet for My Valentine frontman Matt Tuck proves and disproves what’s written about him on Wikipedia. Continue reading…
- Magnum announce five-date November 2018 UK tour
Having recently wrapped up the first leg of The Road to Eternity Tour, Magnum have lined up five headline dates for this autumn.
- VIVIAN CAMPBELL On Battle With Hodgkin’s Lymphoma: ‘My Mindset Has Always Been To Just Refuse To Give In To Cancer’
DEF LEPPARD and LAST IN LINE guitarist Vivian Campbell recently spoke to the Memphis radio station Rock 102.7 about his continuing battle with Hodgkin’s lymphoma, with which he was diagnosed in 2013. “It’s not anything I’ve ever been too concerned with; I just kind of roll with the punches with most of that stuff,” he […]
- System of a Down Guitarist Actually Likes Eating Seeds as Pastime Activity
For today’s edition of news you didn’t know you needed. Continue reading…
- Alex Kirov – Nothing Else Matters (Metallica Ukulele Cover)
13 year old boy Alex Kirov playing Metallica’s classic song “Nothing Else Matters” on ukulele. He said: “Two years on YouTube, so I decided to make a Ukulele version of my first video here. Hope you enjoy and LIKE this video. SUBSCRIBE for more and thanks for watching :)”
- Megadeth’s Vic Rattlehead Now Available for Online Chats
Talk about a tease! Ever fantasized about having an erotic online chat with Vic Rattlehead? I mean, what metalhead hasn’t, right? Right! So you’ll probably be stoked to learn that Megadeth have launched a Vic Rattlehead bot for Facebook, which means you can now chat with metal’s sexiest mascot himself! Unfortunately, you don’t actually have […]
- Mark Heylmun is on a “Radical Sabbatical” from Suicide Silence, Vows to Return Eventually
With guitarist Mark Heylmun sitting out the current Suicide Silence tour, word was gonna get out sooner or later. His replacement, Mike “Lonestar” Carrigan (Darkest Hour) might look eerily JUST like Heylmun, but those wily, clever Suicide Silence fans noticed the difference between the two bearded blonde men anyway! Drats. Heylmun himself has now issued […]
- Study: Frequent Concert Attendance Can Increase Your Lifespan
Gosh, I wish we’d known this when I was in high school and I had to sneak out to go to shows when I was supposed to be doing homework. A recent scientific study commissioned by O2 and conducted by Patrick Fagan, a behavioral scientist and Associate Lecturer at Goldsmith University, asserts that spending just […]
- HALLATAR Feat. AMORPHIS, SWALLOW THE SUN, Ex-HIM Members: Video Of JOHN SMITH ROCK FESTIVAL Performance
Fan-filmed video footage of HALLATAR’s July 22 performance at John Smith Rock Festival in Laukaa, Finland can be seen below. HALLATAR’s debut album, “No Stars Upon the Bridge”, is based on the lyrics and poems of Aleah Starbridge and was released last October via Svart Records. Although a brand new name, HALLATAR features in its […]
- SUICIDE SILENCE Guitarist MARK HEYLMUN Explains Absence From ‘Rage Fest’ Tour
SUICIDE SILENCE guitarist Mark Heylmun says that he is taking a break from the band to spend time with his family and to give his “mind and body the attention it deserves.” Fans attending this summer’s “Rage Fest” tour have noticed Heylmun’s absence from SUICIDE SILENCE’s lineup, with the guitarist having been temporarily replaced by […]
- Move Over, Idiot with Cereal Bowl, Some Guy Just Brought Beans into the Mosh Pit
Dio in Heaven, is this becoming a trend now? First, there was that dude who brought a bowl of cereal into the pit during Chelsea Grin’s set on a recent Warped Tour date, and now we have a video of a different dude brining a can of beans into the pit during Kublai Khan’s set on a […]
- Another 10 Non-Heavy Metal Songs Covered by Heavy Metal Bands
Check out these metal versions of songs by ABBA, Nancy Sinatra and Neil Young. Continue reading…
- 11 Great Judas Priest Guest Appearances
From Queensryche to Queens of the Stone Age. Continue reading…
- THE WHO’s ROGER DALTREY To Release Long-Awaited Memoir, ‘Thanks A Lot Mr. Kibblewhite: My Story’, In October
THE WHO singer Roger Daltrey’s long-awaited memoir, “Thanks A Lot Mr. Kibblewhite: My Story”, will be published in the U.K. on October 18 and in the U.S. on October 23 via Blink Publishing. “Thanks A Lot Mr. Kibblewhite: My Story” will take readers through Daltrey’s 50-year career with THE WHO and their 100-million record-selling success, […]
- The Darkness to release debut live album ‘Live At Hammersmith’
Lowestoft’s prodigal sons The Darkness will release the live album ‘The Darkness – Live At Hammersmith’ this summer.
- Metallica – Seek And Destroy (Live – 1983)
35 years ago Metallica was performed Seek And Destroy for the first time. Their debut album Kill Em All was released that year. Lyrics Alright We are scanning the scene in the city tonight We are looking for you to start up a fight There is an evil feeling in our brains But it is […]
- FOREIGNER’s MICK JONES: LOU GRAMM And KELLY HANSEN ‘Really Respect Each Other’s Vocal Ability’
FOREIGNER’s first-ever ticketed reunion concert featuring all original members will take place on August 4 at The Sturgis Buffalo Chip in Sturgis, South Dakota. Lou Gramm, Dennis Elliott, Al Greenwood, Ian McDonald and Rick Wills will join Mick Jones and FOREIGNER to rock through some of the best-selling songs from the band’s 10 multi-platinum albums […]
- Bloodbath are a Bunch of Trolls
Not to be deterred by the visa issues that prevented them from touring North America this spring, Bloodbath revealed some exciting news via Facebook the other day: their new album is finished! But nothing is ever THAT simple with this band — they’ve always gotta fuck with us at least a little — so… well, […]
- Completely Unreadable Band Logo of the Week: Win a Grab Bag of Metal Goodies!
Congrats to reader Chad Kallerus! Chad correctly identified our most recent logo as belonging to the band Infernal Coil, and thus wins a grab bag of metal goodies from The MetalSucks Mansion Archives! Congrats, Chad! But don’t be too sad if you lost, ’cause this week I have another killer grab bag of metal goodies to give away! What’s […]
- Steve Harris Is ‘Pretty Damn Sure’ Iron Maiden Will Make Another Album
Nearly 40 years into their professional career, there’s no end in sight for Iron Maiden. Continue reading…
- “What the Fuck’s Up, Denny’s?”
Once upon there was a Denny’s in Houston. That Denny’s closed down. Thankfully some go-getter scene kids decided to take it over for a show, and this legendary performance was brought to life. Real talk: this band goes pretty hard! A longer YouTube video of the performance would seem to indicate that their name is either […]
- Ones To Watch: Black Orchid Empire
In this week’s Ones To Watch, Planet Rock shines the spotlight on London purveyors of thunderous, melodious and deliciously intense rock, Black Orchid Empire.
- AC/DC stamps slammed for featuring ‘wrong’ album covers
AC/DC have been honoured with their own stamp pack in Australia, however the collection is now facing a backlash over certain album covers.
- AC/DC’s BRIAN JOHNSON Attends ‘Spitfire’ Documentary Premiere In London: Video, Photos
AC/DC singer Brian Johnson and his wife, Brenda, attended the world premiere of the new documentary, “Spitfire”, on July 9 at The Curzon Mayfair in London, England. Video footage of their red-carpet appearance can be seen below (courtesy of Red Carpet News TV). Photos can be found at the Getty Images web site. “Spitfire”, narrated […]
- THE WHITE SWAN Feat. KITTIE’s MERCEDES LANDER: ‘Touch Taste Destroy’ EP Due In September
THE WHITE SWAN, the Canadian doom-laden sludge rock trio founded by drummer-turned-vocalist/guitarist Mercedes Lander (KITTIE), will release a new EP, “Touch Taste Destroy”, on September 7. Following up from THE WHITE SWAN’s previous EPs, 2017’s “The White” and 2016’s “Anubis”, “Touch Taste Destroy” spans over three tracks with support from guitarist Shane Jeffers and bassist […]
- THE BRUTALISTS Feat. Former L.A. GUNS, QUIREBOYS Members: Debut Album Due Next Month
THE BRUTALISTS are a new rock and roll group featuring founding L.A. GUNS member Mick Cripps and LONDON QUIREBOYS founder Nigel Mogg (nephew of UFO singer Phil Mogg). The group is rounded out by guitarist/vocalist Kent Holmes, bassist Robert Cripps and vocalist/drummer Charlie Nice. THE BRUTALISTS’ music is a mix of their influences — the […]
- PRESALE: Blue Oyster Cult announce UK tour with The Temperance Movement
Blue Öyster Cult will grace the UK in February and March 2019 for an eight-date UK tour.
- CRAIG GOLDY: ‘I Too Think That VIVIAN CAMPBELL Is The One And Only DIO Guitarist’
Former DIO and current DIO DISCIPLES guitarist Craig Goldy says that he was “misquoted” in a recent interview where he allegedly implied that Vivian Campbell’s LAST IN LINE project was far inferior to the first DIO three albums in terms of quality. Earlier in the month, All That Shreds published an interview with Craig in […]
- SLASH FEATURING MYLES KENNEDY AND THE CONSPIRATORS: ‘Living The Dream’ Artwork Unveiled; ‘Driving Rain’ Single Available
SLASH FEATURING MYLES KENNEDY AND THE CONSPIRATORS will release their new album titled “Living The Dream” on September 21 via Slash’s own label Snakepit Records, in partnership with Roadrunner Records. The group unleashed “Driving Rain” — the first single off “Living The Dream” — today, to radio. Listen to “Driving Rain” below. Slash describes the […]
- Testament Frontman Reveals When They Will Release A New Studio Album
Speaking in a recent interview with Full Metal Jackie, Testament singer Chuck Billy talked about their upcoming album. He revealed when will enter the studio for new album. Here’s the statement: “The plan is to get a lot of riffs and stuff going out here on tour, ’cause we do have a lot of time […]
- Exclusive Track Premiere: “Army!” by Netherlands
Don’t let the name fool you: Netherlands are not from the Netherlands. They are, however, one of Brooklyn’s favorite local bands whose only mission is to melt some goddamn face — a craft they’ve been honing since 2010. Their brand new single “Army!” is a crusty-yet-refined eneavor that checks off every box. It lurches and […]
- LISTEN: Slash ft Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators premiere new song ‘Driving Rain’
Slash ft Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators’ new single ‘Driving Rain’ has officially premiered today (25th July).
- Cast the Stone (Misery Index, Cattle Decap, Scour) Release New Song “The Burning Horizon”
Who says bass players in metal don’t get any love?? Well, lots of folks say that, actually… and they’d mostly be correct. But Cast the Stone bassist Derek Engemann (ex-Cattle Decapitation, Scour) is here to challenge that assertion with a bass playthrough video of “The Burning Horizon,” which also serves as the single’s debut. While […]
- “Driving Rain”: Slash Debuts First Single from New Album Holy Fucking Goddamn Motherfucking Shit Why Is He Making This Instead of a New Guns N’ Roses Record
Guns N’ Roses’ Slash Featuring Alter Bridge’s Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators Featuring the Conspirators have released “Driving Rain,” the first single from his/their new album, Holy Fucking Goddamn Motherfucking Shit Why Is He Making This Instead of a New Guns N’ Roses Record Living the Dream. Some parts of it are really good! There’s the […]
- Meshuggah Guitarist Says That They Are Very Sorry for Creating Djent
Meshuggah guitarist Mårten Hagström spoke in an interview with Rauta and revealed his thoughts about djent. He said that they are very sorry for creating djent. Here’s the statement: “First of all, we’re very sorry for creating that genre; we didn’t intend to — our bad. No, but it’s actually… I think it’s a misconception, […]
- BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE Frontman On Adding Electronic Elements To Band’s Sound: ‘We Decided To Do Something Different’
During a recent appearance on Full Metal Jackie’s nationally syndicated radio show, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE frontman Matt Tuck spoke about the band’s decision to add more electronic elements to its distinct signature sound on the group’s latest full-length release, “Gravity”. “Well, this is album number six,” he said (hear audio below). “We’ve been around […]
- Danil Vavreniuk – Enter Sandman (Metallica – Drum Cover)
Enter Sandman—Metallica (drum cover by Danil Vavreniuk, 4 year old). “Enter Sandman” is a song by American heavy metal band Metallica. It was released as the first single from their self-titled fifth album, Metallica in 1991. The music was written by Kirk Hammett, James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich.
- MEGADETH’s DAVE MUSTAINE Drops Another $150,000 From Asking Price Of California Estate
According to Redfin, MEGADETH leader Dave Mustaine has dropped another $150,000 from the asking price of his Fallbrook, California estate. Mustaine put his house on the market in October 2015 for $5.375 million — more than five times what he paid for it three years earlier — but that price came down in June 2016 […]
- Led Zeppelin are no longer favourites to headline Glastonbury 2019
Bookmakers have lengthened the odds on Led Zeppelin headlining Glastonbury Festival next summer.
- Bruce Dickinson explains why Iron Maiden’s Spitfire is a 90% sized replica
Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson has revealed why Legacy of the Beast Tour Spitfire is 10% smaller than the real thing.
- Metallica – Carpe Diem Baby (Music Video)
Band: Metallica (1981) Country of origin: USA Album: Reload (1997) Genre: Thrash metal/Heavy metal/Speed metal/Hard rock Lead vocals: James Hetfield Film: “Sin City” (USA 2005)
- The Rolling Stones to release limited-edition 15-album vinyl box set
The Rolling Stones have announced a lavish box set called ‘The Studio Albums Vinyl Collection 1971-2016’.
- TESTAMENT Frontman Hopes To Begin Recording New Album In January
During a recent appearance on Full Metal Jackie’s nationally syndicated radio show, TESTAMENT frontman Chuck Billy said that the band is hoping to release the follow-up to 2016’s “Brotherhood Of The Snake” album in early 2019. “The plan is to get a lot of riffs and stuff going out here on [the second leg of […]
- Howzat release video for song “Tell Me” from upcoming EP ‘Shatter’
- Haunting Linkin Park ‘New Divide’ Cover Featured in ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ Film Trailer
‘New Divide’ is once again connected with the movie world. Continue reading…
- GoFundMe Established for Dropdead Vocalist Bob Otis After Motorcycle Accident
This past Wednesday, July 18, Dropdead vocalist Bob Otis crashed while riding his motorcycle with Kaleigh Melise (who plays with Otis in Lolita Black) outside a car wash in Providence, Rhode Island. The road was slick with soapy water and oil from the car wash, and upon trying to brake Otis hit the ground and […]