Today’s news and reviews for fans of Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and Hair Bands from PariahRocks.com and the ???? Hard, Heavy & Hair Show.
- Pearl Jam and Soundgarden’s Matt Cameron shares poignant note Chris Cornell wrote to him
Matt Cameron has shared a note his Soundgarden band mate Chris Cornell wrote to him before his untimely death.
- Reckless Speculation: on Which “Popular Summer Festival Tour” Will Unearth Appear?
I mean, there are really only two games left in town, right? The post Reckless Speculation: on Which “Popular Summer Festival Tour” Will Unearth Appear? appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Video: Meshuggah Fans Start Mosh Pit in a Hot Tub
The most brutal of all mosh pits. The post Video: Meshuggah Fans Start Mosh Pit in a Hot Tub appeared first on MetalSucks.
- WILL HAVEN’s ‘Muerte’ Album To Feature Guest Appearance By DEFTONES Guitarist
Noise metal legends WILL HAVEN will release their sixth full-length album, titled “Muerte” (Spanish for “death”), on March 23 via Minus Head Records. The origins of WILL HAVEN can be traced back to 1995, when they first emerged as a staple in Sacramento, California’s storied underground. For over two decades, they’ve existed on the fringe […]
- Black Stone Cherry Reveal ‘Family Tree’ Album Details, Unleash New Song ‘Burnin”
Plus get a listen to the new song ‘Burnin’ and check out the track listing and artwork. Continue reading…
- CORELEONI Feat. GOTTHARD Guitarist, RAINBOW Singer: Listen To ‘All I Care For’ Song
“All I Care For”, a song from CORELEONI, the new project founded by GOTTHARD guitarist Leo Leoni to pay a very personal tribute to his rock and roll past, can be streamed below. The track is taken from CORELEONI’s debut album, “The Greatest Hits – Part 1”, which will be released on February 23 via […]
- Ozzy Osbourne announces worldwide dates for ‘No More Tours 2’
- Dave Mustaine Reveals New Line-up Of “The Big Four”: There Are 2 New Bands
Two weeks ago, Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine shared his thoughts about Slayer’s farewell on Twitter. He said that he hopes at least one more Big 4 show before end of the Slayer’s final tour. One week ago, He talked with Metal Injection and said that Metallica is the main reason why The Big Four shows are not being re-organised. Today, he […]
- BLACK STONE CHERRY To Release ‘Family Tree’ Album In April; Listen To ‘Burnin” Single
Kentucky rockers BLACK STONE CHERRY will release their new album, “Family Tree”, on April 20 via Mascot Records/Mascot Label Group. The official lyric video for the disc’s first single, “Burnin'”, can be seen below. The follow-up to 2016’s “Kentucky” was produced by BLACK STONE CHERRY and once again recorded at David Barrick’s Barrick Recording in […]
- Avenged Sevenfold Guitarist Slams Pop And Hip-hop: “There’s A Lot Of Garbage”
Avenged Sevenfold guitarist Zacky Vengeance spoke in an interview with Omaha World-Herald and explained his thoughts about how heavy metal will rise again. He said that when the right band comes, we’re gonna see a resurgence for heavy metal. Here’s the statement: “I think it’s due for a revival. It’s gonna take the right bands. […]
- Stream Legend of the Seagullmen’s (Tool, Mastodon, etc.) Debut Album in Full
It’s finally here! The post Stream Legend of the Seagullmen’s (Tool, Mastodon, etc.) Debut Album in Full appeared first on MetalSucks.
- DAVE MUSTAINE Refuses To Give LARS ULRICH Credit For Songs MEGADETH Leader Claims He Wrote In His Pre-METALLICA Band
Dave Mustaine has once again commented on the dispute over songwriting credits that apparently contributed to the shelving of the previously announced expanded version of METALLICA’s 1982 demo tape, “No Life ‘Til Leather”. “No Life ‘Til Leather” was released as a limited-edition cassette for Record Store Day in April 2015, available exclusively in independent record […]
- Grateful Dead lyricist John Perry Barlow dies aged 70
John Perry Barlow, lyricist for the Grateful Dead and eminent internet rights advocate, has died. He was 70 years old.
- Löve Razër to release new album ‘Border City Rebels’ on April 23rd
- ‘Pink Warlock Shredder’ Is One of the Sickest Grind Guitarists on Earth
Self Deconstruction guitarist Kuzuha crushes her breakneck parts in a doll’s dress while wielding a pink B.C. Rich Warlock guitar. Continue reading…
- Thirty Seconds to Mars Reveal ‘The Monolith Tour’ Stops, New Album Release Date
See who’s joining Thirty Seconds to Mars on tour and find out when you can pick up their new studio album. Continue reading…
- AVENGED SEVENFOLD’s ZACKY VENGEANCE Says Heavy Metal Genre Is ‘Due For A Revival’
In a brand new interview with the Omaha World-Herald, AVENGED SEVENFOLD guitarist Zacky Vengeance spoke about the fact that not a lot of metal bands other than his group, METALLICA and IRON MAIDEN are big enough to play arenas. “I think it’s due for a revival,” Zacky said. “It’s gonna take the right bands. Metal […]
- CLIFF BURTON’s Father Reacts To Castro Valley Honor: ‘He Would Have Had A Huge Smile On His Face’
Cliff Burton’s father says that his son would have been thrilled about having February 10 proclaimed “Cliff Burton Day” by Alameda County supervisors. The late METALLICA bassist would have turned 56 years old on that date had he lived. “I do not have a moment of doubt that, if Cliff were alive, he would have […]
- SteelCity release new song “Do You Love Me” for streaming
- THEORY OF A DEADMAN Releases ‘Straight Jacket’ Video
“Straight Jacket”, the new video from the Atlantic Records/604 Records group THEORY OF A DEADMAN, can be seen below. The track is taken from the band’s latest album, “Wake Up Call”, which was released last October. Recorded with producer Martin Terefe at London’s Kensaltown Studios, “Wake Up Call” finds THEORY — Tyler Connolly (lead vocals, […]
- TESSERACT To Release ‘Sonder’ Album In April
TESSERACT will release its fourth studio album, “Sonder”, on April 20 through Kscope. TESSERACT is a band that sits outside the bounds of any genre specificity. They are pioneers of the ever-evolving metal scene and unstoppable force of off-kilter riffs, soaring melodies, and disorientating atmospherics. “Sonder” adds significant firepower to the band’s arsenal, blending the […]
- James Hetfield Reveals The Tragic Story About How He Wrote “Fade To Black”
In a recent part of MetClub Exclusive “So What!” video series, Metallica frontman James Hetfield revealed the tragic story about how he wrote their classic song “Fade To Black”. Here’s the statement (transcriped by Ultimate-Guitar): “Songs like ‘Fade to Black’ or ‘The Unforgiven’ – those are songs that morph. They constantly morph for me. When […]
- Funniest Video Ever of the Day: Comedian John Mulaney on Why the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony Sucks
This oughta make you feel better about Judas Priest getting dissed. The post Funniest Video Ever of the Day: Comedian John Mulaney on Why the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony Sucks appeared first on MetalSucks.
- THE WATCHERS Feat. SPIRALARMS, ORCHID Members: ‘Black Abyss’ Album Due In March
San Francisco Bay Area stoner/doom heavyweights THE WATCHERS will release their debut album, “Black Abyss”, on March 9 via Ripple Music. THE WATCHERS is a gathering of international seasoned players Tim Narducci (SPIRALARMS, WHITE WITCH CANYON) on vocals, Carter Kennedy (ORCHID) on drums, Jeremy Epp (BLACKGATES, THE VENTING MACHINE) on guitar, and Cornbread (SPIRALARMS, WHITE […]
- Family Of Late 3 DOORS DOWN Guitarist Files Wrongful Death Suit Against Doctor, Pharmacy
According to AL.com, the estate of former 3 DOORS DOWN guitarist Matt Roberts has filed a lawsuit against a south Alabama doctor, saying that he was responsible for the musician’s death. Roberts died of a prescription drug overdose on August 20, 2016 in a Wisconsin hotel. One of the drugs in his system at the […]
- Top 10 Amazing Songs From Disappointing Albums
Even the biggest stinker of an album can redeem itself with a killer track. Continue reading…
- Drummer Bobby Rock to release memoir containing 12 detailed chapters on Vinnie Vincent Invasion
- Ex-THE BLACK CROWES Guitarist RICH ROBINSON Says His Brother CHRIS ‘Has A Tendency To Run His Mouth’
Ex-THE BLACK CROWES guitarist Rich Robinson has responded to recent comments made by his brother and former bandmate, saying that Chris Robinson “has a tendency to run his mouth.” It’s been more than four years since THE BLACK CROWES split following an epic show at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco. In that […]
- Klassik ’78 have limited edition CDs available of ‘The Unoriginals’ which contains first two EPs
- TesseracT Release New Song “Luminary” from New Album Sonder
The progressive metal titans have returned. The post TesseracT Release New Song “Luminary” from New Album Sonder appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Rich Robinson discusses the chances of a Black Crowes reunion
Three years on from their acrimonious split, Rich Robinson has spoken about the possibility of The Black Crowes getting back together.
- Estate of Late 3 Doors Down Guitarist Matt Roberts Files Suit Against Doctor + Pharmacy
The estate of the late 3 Doors Down guitarist is taking legal action against those they feel contributed to the musician’s death. Continue reading…
- Here’s Some Video of Nergal Recording Vocals for the New Behemoth Album
So the record, we can assume, is probably close to being finished. The post Here’s Some Video of Nergal Recording Vocals for the New Behemoth Album appeared first on MetalSucks.
- PHIL LYNOTT’s Mother Unveils Her Own Wax Sculpture At Dublin Wax Museum
The mother of the late THIN LIZZY frontman Phil Lynott visited the National Wax Museum in Dublin, Ireland on Wednesday (February 7) to unveil her very own her wax figure. The Philomena Lynott figure was created by the Irish sculptor PJ Heraty, who also attended yesterday’s event. Ed Coleman, the general manager of the National […]
- Paul Stanley says KISS could ‘certainly’ carry on without him
KISS vocalist, rhythm guitarist and co-founding member Paul Stanley has spoken about the future of the band.
- Dool Use Hypnotic Dream Sludge + Forest Majick To Become ‘The Alpha’ in New Video
Don’t be a fool; listen to Dool, featuring former members of occult rockers The Devil’s Blood. Continue reading…
- MEMORIAM Feat. BOLT THROWER And BENEDICTION Members: First Trailer For ‘The Silent Vigil’ Album
The first trailer for “The Silent Vigil”, the second album from MEMORIAM, the Birmingham, United Kingdom-based death/grind metal band featuring Karl Willets (BOLT THROWER) on vocals, Frank Healy (BENEDICTION, CEREBRAL FIX) on bass, Scott Fairfax (CEREBRAL FIX) on guitar and Andy Whale (BOLT THROWER) on drums, can be seen below. Due on March 23 via […]
- VENOM INC.: Lyric Video For ‘War’ Song
The official lyric video for the song “War” from VENOM INC., the band featuring original VENOM members Jeff “Mantas” Dunn (guitar) and Anthony “Abaddon” Bray (drums) alongside ex-VENOM bassist/vocalist Tony “Demolition Man” Dolan, can be seen below. The track is taken from VENOM INC.’s debut album, “Avé”, which was released last August via Nuclear Blast. […]
- Knife the Glitter’s Eli Litwin-Moskowitz Shares His Ten Favorite Metal T-Shirts
Threads from Meshuggah, Cave In, Prince, Black Sabbath and more! The post Knife the Glitter’s Eli Litwin-Moskowitz Shares His Ten Favorite Metal T-Shirts appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Black Stone Cherry announce sixth album Family Tree & unveil Burnin’ lyric video
After ‘Burnin’ received its global premiere on Paul Anthony’s show this morning, Black Stone Cherry have unveiled full details of their sixth studio album.
- Listen To FU MANCHU’s ‘Il Mostro Atomico’ Feat. Guest Appearance By RUSH’s ALEX LIFESON
The song “Il Mostro Atomico” from Southern Californian hard rockers FU MANCHU can be streamed using the SoundCloud widget below. The track is an 18-minute-8-second side-long epic featuring a special guest performance by Alex Lifeson, guitarist and songwriter of the legendary band RUSH. Heavier than anything FU MANCHU has ever done and broken into four […]
- Paul Stanley can seriously see himself not being in KISS and that being overcome
- Former ANTHRAX Singer DAN NELSON Launches WOLFPACK BLACK
Former ANTHRAX singer Dan Nelson has launched a brand-new project called WOLFPACK BLACK. Rounded out by bassist Pat Foote (STEEL REIGN) and drummer Dan Mintzer (PULL, BREAKAGE RISING), the group’s sound is described as “metal through and through” with songs that are “both brutal and catchy.” For more information, visit the WOLFPACK BLACK Facebook page. […]
- PEARL JAM Bassist Prepping Third Solo Album
According to The Pulse Of Radio, PEARL JAM bassist Jeff Ament revealed in a new interview with Rolling Stone that he will release his third solo album, titled “Heaven/Hell”, in March. Ament is the second member of the group to issue a solo effort in the past year, following drummer Matt Cameron’s solo debut, “Cavedweller”, […]
- KOBRA AND THE LOTUS Singer Reveals Battle With Lyme Disease
KOBRA AND THE LOTUS vocalist Kobra Paige says that she has emerged victorious in her battle with Lyme disease. The Calgary, Alberta, Canada-based singer revealed in a Facebook post that she was afflicted with the debilitating condition, and added that she spent several months last year receiving treatment while preparing to go on tour. She […]
- Joe Satriani hopeful Chickenfoot will lay down new music this summer
It’s been over six years since Chickenfoot last released an album and hopefully the wait for new material could soon be over.
- Philip Anselmo on Firearms: ‘I’m Not a Gun Guy’
Read an interview with Anselmo where he indicts both ends of the political spectrum. Continue reading…
- Toronto Rocks: 7 Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and Hair Bands from Toronto
The capital of Canadian province Ontario, Toronto is the largest city in the whole of Canada. Famed for its art, culture and extraordinary music scene, the hustle and bustle that lies within its cities walls attracts thousands of people every day. Mostly known for acts See Playlist & Show Notes
- Machine Head’s Robb Flynn Equates Low ‘Catharsis’ Album Sales to ‘Staggering’ Online Negativity
Robb Flynn equates the low album sales for ‘Catharsis’ album to a ‘staggering’ amount of vitriol aimed at the band. Continue reading…