Today’s news and reviews for fans of Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and Hair Bands from PariahRocks.com and the ???? Hard, Heavy & Hair Show.
- James Hetfield, Tony Iommi & Queen – Stone Cold Crazy (Live ’92)
James Hetfield from Metallica sings Stone Cold Crazy for Queen at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert with Tony Iommi from Black Sabbath on guitar also on 20 April 1992 at London’s Wembley Stadium
- Sleep to Surprise Release New Album ‘The Sciences’ on 4/20
Spark one up, because 4/20 will become even more of a stoner holiday this year. Continue reading…
- ANDREW W.K. Releases ‘Music Is Worth Living For’ Video
Andrew W.K. recently released “You’re Not Alone”, his first new album in more than a decade. The record has received passionate responses from fans and rave reviews from critics, and today, Andrew unleashes a new video for the album’s anthemic statement of purpose, “Music Is Worth Living For”. Directed and edited by Tim Dennesen, the […]
- SEVENDUST Frontman: ‘There Is So Much More Left In Us As A Band’
Jason Price of Icon Vs. Icon recently conducted an interview with SEVENDUST singer Lajon Witherspoon. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below. Icon Vs. Icon: The new [SEVENDUST] record is “All I See is War”. What does the title mean to you and the band? Lajon: “We didn’t realize it until the end […]
- Boston Marathon Winner Loves Babymetal and X Japan
A good workout playlist is important – it can even help you win the Boston Marathon. Continue reading…
- FATES WARNING To Release ‘Live Over Europe’ Album In June
Progressive metal pioneers FATES WARNING will release a new live album, “Live Over Europe”, on June 29 via InsideOut Music. Captured during the most recent European headlining run for FATES WARNING’s acclaimed latest studio album, “Theories Of Flight”, in January 2018, “Live Over Europe” includes recordings from eight different cities (Aschaffenburg, Germany; Belgrade, Serbia; Thessaloniki […]
- Sleep Will Surprise-Release New Album The Sciences Tomorrow, 4/20!!
Listen to 90-second samples of each of the album’s six songs! The post Sleep Will Surprise-Release New Album <em>The Sciences</em> Tomorrow, 4/20!! appeared first on MetalSucks.
- A PERFECT CIRCLE Can’t Stop Cameras At COACHELLA
According to The Pulse Of Radio, A PERFECT CIRCLE’s ban on mobile phones and other devices that could be used to film the band’s live show could not defeat fans at last weekend’s Coachella festival in Indio, California. During the band’s set this past weekend, either the crowd was too big or festival organizers just […]
- PEARL JAM Plans To Mobilize Voters At Montana Show
According to The Pulse Of Radio, PEARL JAM announced on Wednesday that its sold-out show at Missoula, Montana’s Washington-Grizzly Stadium on August 13 will be an official Rock2Vote event. PEARL JAM bassist and Montana native Jeff Ament said: “The band is super excited to come to Missoula and help energize the voters as we believe […]
- Behold the Supreme Being Andrew W.K. in ‘Music Is Worth Living For’ Video
Join Andrew and his band in the midst of their colossal vision quest. Continue reading…
- Hayvyn are back with new line-up including former 21st Century Goliath guitarist Kip Wilson
- Eighteen year old Jacob Cade releases single co-written with Skid Row bassist Rachel Bolan
- VINNIE VINCENT Gets Emotional At ‘Spooky Empire’: ‘The Most Appreciation I Have Ever Had For Life Is Right Now’
Earlier this month at the Spooky Empire convention in Orlando, Florida — his second public appearance since emerging from seclusion — former KISS guitarist Vinnie Vincent participated in a question-and-answer session. Footage can be viewed below (Q&A starts at the 5:41 mark). A few excerpts follow (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): On the status of the […]
- Black Stone Cherry’s Chris Robertson on ‘Family Tree’: We Wanted to ‘Make a Record People Could Smile and Dance To’
The singer discusses the bluesier approach to Black Stone Cherry’s new album, the disc’s key tracks, their collaboration with Warren Haynes and more. Continue reading…
- Stryper’s ‘God Damn Evil’ Album Banned by Walmart, Watch ‘The Valley’ Video Premiere
Stryper find inspiration in the good book for their latest song and video, while also getting pushback from retail chain Walmart over their album title. Continue reading…
- Listen To Full Seventh Episode Of ‘The Osbournes’ Podcast
Ozzy Osbourne and his family have released the seventh episode of their new podcast. You can now listen to it using the widget below. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the 10-week podcast sees Ozzy, his wife/manager Sharon and their children Jack and Kelly talking about the groundbreaking reality show “The Osbournes” that ran on MTV […]
- Rob Halford On Return of K.K. Downing: ‘He Was Emphatic About Retiring’
Rob Halford has spoken out about the decision not to ask guitarist K.K. Downing to return when Glenn Tipton announced his retirement due to Parkinson’s disease. Continue reading…
- PAUL STANLEY Has No Problem With Bands Touring Without Any Original Members
In a brand new interview with PureGrainAudio, Paul Stanley was asked if there is anything he is still hoping will happen within the KISS legacy. He responded: “No, because it’s all happening and it all has happened. I see the indelible bootprint that we’ve made and KISS DNA is in every live band’s show out […]
- Tom Petty died of accidental drugs overdose
Tom Petty died of an accidental drugs overdose after taking various painkillers, his family have revealed in a statement.
- BULLETBOYS Frontman Wants To Launch ‘Up-Tempo, R&B, Dance’ Side Project
BULLETBOYS frontman Marq Torien has told Icon Vs. Icon that he plans on branching off from his main band in the coming years and pursuing outside projects, including “doing some solo records.” He said: “I have a project that I’m putting together that’s going to be extremely different than the BULLETBOYS. It’s going to be […]
- Steven Tyler + Liv Tyler Share Loving Father-Daughter iPhone Jam on ‘Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You’
Watch the pair play a unique version of the Frankie Valli classic, ‘Can’t Keep My Eyes Off of You.’ Continue reading…
- Album Review: TesseracT, Sonder
Does the band’s latest offering push into new territory or does it cover the same ground for which the band has become known? The post Album Review: TesseracT, <em>Sonder</em> appeared first on MetalSucks.
- PAUL RODGERS’s ‘Free Spirit’ Slated For June Release
Paul Rodgers is returning to where it all began, by celebrating the 50th anniversary of FREE. Fans fortunate enough to get a ticket to the sold-out performance at London’s Royal Albert Hall witnessed a truly unique event. On June 22, fans worldwide will be able to experience the magic, captured for a live recording, set […]
- Boston Marathon Winner Gets Hyped Up by Listening to Babymetal
Gimme chocolate! The post Boston Marathon Winner Gets Hyped Up by Listening to Babymetal appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Pearl Jam’s Jeff Ament Takes a Dystopian Drive in ‘Safe in the Car’ Video
Beware taking a ride with Jeff Ament as the elements are hot on his tail. Continue reading…
- S3 … L.A. Guns cancel M3 Rock Festival appearance and add Sleazy Slimey Sunday to their schedule
S3 L.A. Guns cancel M3 Rock Festival appearance and add Sleazy Slimey Sunday to their schedule HANOVER, Maryland — As reported by Metal Sludge back on April 12th, L.A. Guns have pulled out of their appearance at the M3 Rock Festival. Now it seems the band have added a few other dates to their tour schedule […]
- Trivium’s Matt Heafy: “Metal Is Not Just A Style of Music, It’s A Lifestyle”
Trivium frontman Matt Heafy spoke in an intervierw with Metal Hammer Magazine and explained what the word “metal” means to him these days. He said: “It means life. It means so much more than just a genre, and that’s something I’ve always championed; metal is not just a style of music, it’s a lifestyle. I […]
- Top 10 Anti-Love Songs in Rock + Metal
They don’t believe in love… Continue reading…
- Foo Fighters vow to mix up their setlist on upcoming tour
Foo Fighters guitarist Chris Shiflett says the band will play “four or five new songs a night” on their upcoming tour dates.
- LED ZEPPELIN: Trailer For ‘Record Store Day’ Limited-Edition 7-Inch Single
In advance of LED ZEPPELIN’s 50th-anniversary celebration, slated to commence this September, the band will whet fan’s appetites with their first ever release for Record Store Day, which takes place this Saturday, April 21. The limited edition seven-inch single is produced by Jimmy Page and pressed on yellow vinyl. The single will feature two previously […]
- Periphery Leaving Sumerian Records; Label Chief Ash Avildsen Says the Band “Are Their Own Worst Enemy”
“It’s like these bands that get too precious for their own hits.” The post Periphery Leaving Sumerian Records; Label Chief Ash Avildsen Says the Band “Are Their Own Worst Enemy” appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Watch Foo Fighters Invite KISS Fan Onstage to Play ‘Monkey Wrench’
The fan, known as ‘KISS Guy,’ is an amazing guitarist who blew away Grohl so much that he forgot the words to the song Continue reading…
- Tour Dates: Rivers of Nihil, Alterbeast, and Inferi
Fuck yes. The post Tour Dates: Rivers of Nihil, Alterbeast, and Inferi appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Motorhead Röad Crew Beer Officially Landing in the United States
Lemmy Kilmister once famously declared ‘I just love the life I lead, another beer is what I need,’ and now Arcadia Brewing Company, will let fans do the same. Continue reading…
- Lucie Silvas – Nothing Else Matters (Metallica Cover)
Lucie Silvas sings “Nothing else matters” at a Radio 2 concert with the Metropole Orchestra. Recorded on May 27th 2005.
- Against Me!’s Laura Jane Grace Unveils New Song ‘Park Life Forever’
The acoustic ditty was inspired by summer trips to the park with her daughter Evelyn, who also sings on the track Continue reading…
- Break Wind to a Hand-Fart Version of Scorpions’ “Wind of Change”
FARTS ARE ALWAYS FUNNY The post Break Wind to a Hand-Fart Version of Scorpions’ “Wind of Change” appeared first on MetalSucks.
- HATESPHERE Signs New Deal With SCARLET RECORDS
Danish thrash/death metal act HATESPHERE has signed a new deal with Scarlet Records. To honor the band’s sights on old-school values and the roots that got them started 18 years ago and to also close the circle of a successful and productive business relationship, HATESPHERE and Scarlet decided to join forces together again for the […]
- Twisted Sister guitarist Jay Jay French calls current Judas Priest line-up a cover band
- The Word Alive Emerge From the Darkness With ‘Why Am I Like This’ – Exclusive Video Premiere
The song is about “pursuing something that more than likely you know you shouldn’t or that might not be the healthiest choice for you,” says singer Telle Smith. Continue reading…
- Metallica – You Won’t Believe What The “Blackened” Intro Sounds Like In Reverse!
Metallica’s otherworldly intro to Blackened sounds a lot more conventional – and yet equally majestic – when played in its original direction! Many musicians have tried and failed to reproduce this intro with this technique!
- OCEANHOARSE Feat. Former AMORAL, FOR THE IMPERIUM, MYGRAIN Members: ‘Waves’ Single Released
After two years of working in the shadows, Helsinki-based heavy metal band OCEANHOARSE, which consists of familiar faces from the Finnish metal scene, released its debut single and video, “The Oceanhoarse”, in January. It was followed by two sold-out shows in Finland supporting BEAST IN BLACK. These shows made it an easy decision to go […]
- STRYPER Releases ‘The Valley’ Video
STRYPER’s music video for the song “The Valley” can be seen below. The track is taken from the band’s new album, “God Damn Evil”, which will be released on April 20 via Frontiers Music Srl. Produced by frontman Michael Sweet, it is STRYPER’s most powerful album to date, doubling down on the hard rock/heavy metal […]
- HEART’s ANN WILSON Talks About Covering AUDIOSLAVE’s ‘I Am The Highway’ For ‘Immortal’ Album (Video)
HEART’s Ann Wilson is currently working on her new solo album, “Immortal”, which is due out this summer via BMG. While the full track listing is still being unveiled, “Immortal” will feature some of the singer’s favorite musicians and songs by paying homage to those lost in the past few years, including the AUDIOSLAVE classic […]
- Walmart Refuses to Carry the New Album By… Stryper???
They are now third or fourth most controversial Christian metal band EVER. The post Walmart Refuses to Carry the New Album By… Stryper??? appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Riverdogs release mini-doc video on rehearsals and showcases leading to first gig in 13 years