Today’s news and reviews for fans of Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and Hair Bands from PariahRocks.com and the 🤘 Hard, Heavy & Hair Show.
- Zakk Wylde Loves Spontaneous Fun of Black Label Society’s ‘Room of Nightmares’ Video, ‘Truly Blessed’ to Play With Ozzy Osbourne Again
We chat with Zakk Wylde about Black Label Society’s ‘Room of Nightmares’ clip, their ‘Grimmest Hits’ album and his return to playing shows with Ozzy Osbourne. Continue reading…
- AC/DC’s BRIAN JOHNSON: MALCOLM YOUNG ‘Gave Rock And Roll A Fist’
AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson paid tribute to Malcolm Young, saying his late bandmate gave rock and roll “a fist” and “a kick in the ass.” Malcolm, who co-founded AC/DC with his brother Angus in 1973, died on Saturday (November 18) at the age of 64 after suffering from dementia and failing health for several years. […]
- Alice Cooper unleashes lyric video for new song ‘Paranormal’
The one and only Alice Cooper has premiered the lyric video for his album title track ‘Paranormal’.
- Bruce Dickinson announces his autobiography ‘What Does This Button Do?’
Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson will release his long-awaited memoir ‘What Does This Button Do?’ this autumn.
- Ronnie James Dio’s hologram to embark on ‘Dio Returns’ world tour, including UK dates
The hologram of late rock legend Ronnie James Dio is going out on a European tour at the end of the year.
- WATCH: 20,000 Queen fans sing Happy 70th Birthday to Brian May
Queen legend Brian May has turned 70 years old today (19th July).
- Dan Reed Network unveil ‘Infected’ video & confirm Extreme UK tour support
On the day they’ve been confirmed as special guests on Extreme’s UK tour, Dan Reed Network have premiered their latest video.
- Turtle-crushing prehistoric sea crocodile named after Motörhead’s Lemmy
A fierce crocodile that lived around 164million years ago has been named after late Motörhead legend Lemmy Kilmister.
- Mollie Marriott announces full details of new album ‘Truth Is A Wolf’
The incredibly talented Mollie Marriott has unveiled full details of her brand new studio record.
- Ramblin’ Man Fair stage times revealed
The stage times for this weekend’s Ramblin’ Man Fair have been unveiled.
- Robert Plant appears to be teasing a new album
Robert Plant has shared a tantalising snippet of what appears to be new music on his website and social channels.
- Watch: Metallica live stream the final show of their North American tour
After playing 26 stadiums across the US and Canada this summer, Metallica live streamed the final show.
- The Darkness unveil new album ‘Pinewood Smile’ and premiere profound lead song
Lowestoft glam rock treasures The Darkness have announced details of their fifth studio album.
- WATCH: David Gilmour plays Pink Floyd classics in ‘Live At Pompeii’ preview
David Gilmour has premiered a three-minute musical preview of his upcoming concert film ‘Live at Pompeii’.
- WATCH: Foreigner perform with Lou Gramm, Al Greenwood & Ian McDonald for first time in 37 years
Four of the five surviving original members of Foreigner all shared the stage together in New York last night (20th July).
- The Raven Age recruit new guitarist and announce first ever headline tour
The Raven Age will embark on their inaugural headline tour this coming autumn.
- Chris Cornell to be immortalised with a statue in Seattle
A statue of Chris Cornell is to be erected in his home city of Seattle, his wife Vicky has said.
- Extreme announce six-date December 2017 UK tour
Fresh from playing a triumphant headline set at Ramblin’ Man Fair on Saturday night, Extreme have announced a headline UK tour.
- Robert Plant announces 11th studio album ‘Carry Fire’ and 14-date UK tour
After teasing fans for months, Robert Plant has finally unveiled details of his new album and an accompanying UK tour.
- WATCH: Black Sabbath share trailer for The End of The End
Ahead of it hitting cinemas this autumn, Black Sabbath have shared a trailer for their concert film The End of the End.
- Jethro Tull announce 50th anniversary UK tour
Ian Anderson will celebrate 50 years of Jethro Tull next spring with an eight-date UK tour.
- WATCH: Roger Waters premieres poignant ‘Wait For Her’ video
Roger Waters has premiered a powerful music video for his latest single ‘Wait For Her’.
- Deep Purple’s Steve Morse on Ritchie Blackmore reunion: ‘It would be nice to see closure’
After Ritchie Blackmore recently expressed an interest in one-off reunion with Deep Purple, his replacement Steve Morse has now backed the idea.
- Gene Simmons: ‘The music business is dead for new bands’
KISS bassist Gene Simmons claims new bands don’t stand a chance nowadays as ‘generations of fans have been trained not to pay for music.’
- PRESALE: Black Star Riders announce Coming Under Heavy Fire UK Tour
Black Star Riders will play nine headline UK dates this November on the Coming Under Heavy Fire Tour.
- WATCH: Wacken Open Air honours Lemmy with massive singalong to Motörhead’s ‘Heroes’ cover
German heavy metal festival Wacken Open Air paid spine-tingling tribute to Motörhead legend Lemmy Kilmister on Saturday night (5th August).
- Alice Cooper donates $10,000 to give an aspiring young metal band a kick-start
Planet Rock’s very own Alice Cooper has personally donated $10,000 (£7,670) to the Wacken Foundation.
- LISTEN: Heavy metal cover of Pink Floyd’s ‘The Dark Side of the Moon’ dents US chart
A heavy metal reinterpretation of Pink Floyd’s seminal classic ‘The Dark Side of the Moon’ is making waves Stateside.
- Def Leppard’s Vivian Campbell to be honoured with Legend Award in Belfast
County Antrim born Vivian Campbell is to be awarded the Oh Yeah Legend Award in Belfast this November.
- Queen seek extras ‘with 70s and 80s hair’ for Bohemian Rhapsody movie
After confirming that their long-gestating biopic Bohemian Rhapsody is finally underway, Queen have launched a recruitment drive for extras.
- King King reschedule UK tour after Alan Nimmo suffers vocal cord setback
Scottish blues rockers King King have pushed back their scheduled Planet Rock presents October UK tour to January 2018.
- Chris Cornell’s 12-year-old daughter sings ‘Hallelujah’ in tribute to her dad
Chris Cornell’s daughter Toni performed a poignant tribute to her late dad and Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington this morning (4th August).
- The 20 most-played Pink Floyd songs in the UK have been revealed
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of ‘The Piper at the Gates of Dawn’ tomorrow (5th August), the 20 most-played Pink Floyd songs have been unveiled.
- Iron Maiden launch Eddie the Head comic book series ‘Legacy of the Beast’
The first ever Iron Maiden comic book series is set to launch this autumn.
- Carl Palmer on Asia’s future: ‘There are no plans to carry on as we speak’
Asia’s future is currently on the hold in the wake of John Wetton’s death, Carl Palmer has said.
- Keith Richards says The Rolling Stones are gearing up to record their 24th album soon
The Rolling Stones are commencing work on their next studio record “very, very shortly”.
- WATCH: Eddie Vedder sings ‘Comfortably Numb’ with Roger Waters in Chicago
Roger Waters drafted in a very special guest at his second show at the United Centre in Chicago last night (23rd July).
- WATCH: Black Country Communion unleash ‘Collide’ video
After getting its first play on Paul Anthony’s show this morning, Black Country Communion have unleashed the official video for ‘Collide’.
- WATCH: Metallica sing Disney’s The Little Mermaid in new Carpool Karaoke clip
Metallica have shared a new trailer for their upcoming Carpool Karaoke episode.
- LISTEN: GUN premiere homage to David Bowie and announce free live concert
Glaswegian rock bastions GUN have unleashed their new single and confirmed details of a completely free homecoming gig.
- WATCH: Paula Radcliffe quotes classic Iron Maiden lyrics on BBC athletics coverage
Highly decorated long-distance runner Paula Radcliffe has outed herself as an Iron Maiden aficionado.
- Flea rubbishes Red Hot Chili Peppers retirement rumours as ‘silly talk’
Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea has dismissed speculation that the band may be ready to call it a day.
- PRESALE: Black Country Communion announce two UK shows & fourth studio album
After teasing some “huge announcements” earlier this month, Black Country Communion have made good on their promise today.
- WATCH: The Cadillac Three parody Nintendo video games with ‘Demolition Man’ video
The Cadillac Three have premiered the video to their sublime song ‘Demolition Man’.
- Pink Floyd fans who attended band’s early gigs wanted for new book
A music journalist penning a book about Pink Floyd’s early shows is calling on fans to come forward to share their memories.
- Def Leppard’s Joe Elliott: ‘Maybe we will do something spectacular in the UK next year’
Watched by hundreds of thousands of fans on Facebook Live, Planet Rock’s very own Joe Elliott joined Paul Anthony for a special Q&A session last night to celebrate the 30th anniversary of ‘Hysteria’.
- The Darkness’ new video is here to distract us ‘from the humdrum banality of existence’
Lowestoft’s much-loved sons The Darkness have unleashed the briliantly daft video for ‘All The Pretty Girls’.
- Eric Clapton documentary film Life In 12 Bars to premiere next month
A new documentary about the life and work of Eric Clapton will debut at Toronto International Film Festival next month.
- Bruce Springsteen announces eight-week Broadway residency at 960-capacity venue
The Boss is set to make his Broadway debut this autumn with solo show ‘Springsteen on Broadway’.