Today’s news and reviews for fans of Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and Hair Bands from PariahRocks.com and the 🤘 Hard, Heavy & Hair Show.
- WATCH: Inglorious share acoustic versions of ‘Until I Die’ and ‘Making Me Pay’
Inglorious have started sharing a series of magnificent acoustic interpretations of some of their finest tracks.
- Janet Gardner releases video for song “Candle”
- Bruce Dickinson ‘really enjoyed’ performing Blaze Bayley era Iron Maiden songs
Iron Maiden singer Bruce Dickinson says he enjoyed performing Blaze Bayley era songs when he re-joined the band in 1999.
- Nightbreak release sampler of new song “Cheap Wine”
- Five Reasons You Need to Start Wearing Earplugs RIGHT NOW!
Don’t be a fool; protect your hearing. The post Five Reasons You Need to Start Wearing Earplugs RIGHT NOW! appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Lipstick unveil weekly podcast consisting of ranking show with first episode ranking KISS songs
- Merriweather Post Pavilion Roof Collapses During Renovations
Venue organizers still expect to be up and running for the 2018 concert season. Continue reading…
- DOLORES O’RIORDAN Was About To Record Her Collaboration With Metal Band BAD WOLVES When She Died
Metal band BAD WOLVES issued a statement today via Twitter, expressing its deep condolences at the sudden passing of THE CRANBERRIES lead vocalist Dolores O’Riordan. O’Riordan was set to record her vocals today on the up-and-coming Los Angeles group’s cover of THE CRANBERRIES’ most famous and successful song, “Zombie”. BAD WOLVES singer Tommy Vext said […]
- CYNIC Returns With First New Song In Four Years, ‘Humanoid’
CYNIC has released a digital single titled “Humanoid”. This song marks the first new music from the progressive pioneers since their 2014 full-length, “Kindly Bent To Free Us”. Frontman Paul Masvidal comments: “‘Humanoid’ is a portrait of contrasts, like those between struggle and stillness, or the immediate against the limitless. Our Stargate is planet Earth […]
- Hughes, Coverdale and Lord tried to do Deep Purple reunion with Ritchie Blackmore 7 to 8 years ago
- Listen to Twenty-Seven Seconds of New Music from Black Crown Initiate
Groovy. The post Listen to Twenty-Seven Seconds of New Music from Black Crown Initiate appeared first on MetalSucks.
- … Vixen’s Janet Gardner rushed into emergency surgery to remove a subdural hematoma
CLOSE CALL Vixen’s Janet Gardner rushed into emergency surgery to remove a subdural hematoma LOS ANGELES, California — The weekend was very touch n’ go for Janet Gardner of the group Vixen as the singer was performing on Thursday night and being rushed to the hospital less than 24 hours later. Rumors coming […]
- BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION Releases ‘Wanderlust’ Studio Video
BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION’s studio video for “Wanderlust” can be seen below. The track is taken from the band’s fourth album, “BCCIV”, which was released last September via Mascot Records. This is BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION’s first studio album since 2013’s “Afterglow”. BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION is the Anglo-American rock group comprising vocalist/bassist Glenn Hughes (DEEP PURPLE, TRAPEZE), […]
- BRUCE DICKINSON ‘Really Enjoyed’ Singing BLAZE BAYLEY-Era IRON MAIDEN Songs
IRON MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson was recently interviewed for a special episode of the “Rock Talk With Mitch Lafon” podcast. You can now listen to the chat below. Asked why he agreed to perform some of the Blaze Bayley-era IRON MAIDEN material upon his return to the band in 1999, Dickinson said: “Well, you know, […]
- Avatar Country – AVATAR
There are endless examples of metal artists taking themselves far too seriously. AVATAR is not one of those bands. The Gothenburg-based band’s intentionally and ridiculously over-the-top brand of heavy metal continues to run through its latest, and seventh overall, full-length release: “Avatar Country”. Sonically, the Swedish group has streamlined its already accessible heavy metal crunch […]
- Foo Fighters + Royal Blood Up for Brit Awards, Plus News on Cold, Lynch Mob + More
Get news on Foo Fighters and Royal Blood accolades, Cold and Lynch Mob lineup changes and a new song from The Temperance Movement in Wire-to-Wire. Continue reading…
- Heavy Metal Band Pictograms: Fun for the Whole Family
Can you guess which metal band each of these photos represents? The post Heavy Metal Band Pictograms: Fun for the Whole Family appeared first on MetalSucks.
- JUDAS PRIEST’s ROB HALFORD Says ‘Firepower’ Album Sounds Like It Was Recorded By ‘A Young, Fresh Metal Band’
JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford spoke to U.K.’s Metal Hammer magazine about the lyrical themes covered on the band’s upcoming album, “Firepower”. “We’re an open book,” he said. “We can go anywhere, and that’s my job, where the proverbial word ‘challenge’ comes into play. I’m looking for things around me in the real world and […]
- Stream Cynic’s New Song “Humanoid” Right Now!
The first new Cynic music in nearly four years. The post Stream Cynic’s New Song “Humanoid” Right Now! appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Post Self – GODFLESH
A few decades after BLACK SABBATH first extracted heavy metal from the human spirit in Birmingham, England, hometown younglings GODFLESH burst forth welding that heavy metal with clanging industrial steel on 1989’s “Streetcleaner”. Sure, across the big pond MINISTRY was playing with its own industrial/metal hybrid a year earlier with “The Land of Rape and […]
- Vixen Vocalist Janet Gardner Undergoes Emergency Surgery After Solo Concert
A day after performing a solo show in West Hollywood, Vixen vocalist Janet Gardner underwent emergency surgery to deal with a subdural hematoma. Continue reading…
- WATCH: Halestorm’s Lzzy Hale covers Pink Floyd’s ‘Wish You Were Here’
Halestorm singer Lzzy Hale joined Avenged Sevenfold on stage for a very special performance in Nashville on Friday night (12th January).
- Former SAMSON And IRON MAIDEN Drummer THUNDERSTICK Recruits New Female Singer VIIXEN
British drummer Barry Graham Purkis, better known as Thunderstick, who played with a developing IRON MAIDEN in the seventies and then moved on to SAMSON (being instrumental in finding a very youthful Bruce Dickinson), has revealed his new-look live touring band. Viixen is the rock ‘n’ roll wildchild vocalist who will be fronting up the […]
- Tour Dates: Primitive Man and Spectral Voice
Believe me, everyone is saying it, this tour will be yuge! The post Tour Dates: Primitive Man and Spectral Voice appeared first on MetalSucks.
- TONY HARNELL Says He Had ‘A Great Time’ With SKID ROW, Insists He ‘Did Not Quit’ TNT
Tony Harnell says that he “had a great time” singing for SKID ROW, despite the fact that he lasted less than a year as the frontman of the formerly New Jersey-based outfit. Harnell joined SKID ROW in April 2015 as the replacement for Johnny Solinger, who was the band’s frontman for fifteen years. Tony quit […]
- VIXEN Singer JANET GARDNER Releases Music Video For ‘Heartfelt’ Song ‘Candle’
VIXEN frontman Janet Gardner’s official music video for the song “Candle” can be seen below. The track is taken from her self-titled debut solo album, which was released last August via Pavement Entertainment. Gardner told Rock Pages that “Candle” is a “really heartfelt” song that she wrote about her parents. “They both passed away within […]
- Rumor: The Faceless are Plotting a Planetary Duality 10th Anniversary Tour
The album that made the band could be back for round two. The post Rumor: The Faceless are Plotting a Planetary Duality 10th Anniversary Tour appeared first on MetalSucks.
- DEF LEPPARD Drummer Doesn’t Care About Being Inducted Into ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME
During a recent interview with radio personality Eddie Trunk, DEF LEPPARD drummer Rick Allen offered his thoughts on the possibility of his band eventually being inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. “I think if the fans put us on a pedestal, that’s good enough for me,” he said. “I don’t need a […]
- Steve Grimmett had five operations last year and could hear them cut through the bone for first two
- Female Rockstar Dead At 46
The Cranberries singer Dolores O’Riordan has died at the age of 46. The cause of death has not yet been clarified and there is no explanation about that. The Irish musician was in London for a recording session before her death. Her publicist confirmed the news in a statement as you can read: “The lead singer […]
- Myles Kennedy announces March 2018 solo tour
Alter Bridge singer Myles Kennedy has announced the highly-intimate Year of the Tiger Acoustic tour.
- Tribulation Guitarist Jonathan Hultén on The MetalSucks Podcast #221
We discuss the band’s new album World Down, his passion for classic horror films, going on tour for three weeks after breaking his ribs on stage, his solo project and how some of those songs become Tribulation songs, the expectations he has for every record, his goals in life and more. The post Tribulation Guitarist […]
- Harms Way Premiere New Song, “Call My Name”
Fun song, if a little too long. The post Harms Way Premiere New Song, “Call My Name” appeared first on MetalSucks.
- King 810’s “Killem All” Banned from YouTube After Being Classified as “Hate Speech”
You’d feel bad for them, if they didn’t completely misunderstand what the First Amendment says. The post King 810’s “Killem All” Banned from YouTube After Being Classified as “Hate Speech” appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Pröwess to embark on headlining tour of USA titled ‘Ain’t Summer But Ain’t No Bummer’
- The Cranberries Vocalist Dolores O’Riordan Dead at 46 Years Old
Rock loses a one-of-a-kind voice. The post The Cranberries Vocalist Dolores O’Riordan Dead at 46 Years Old appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Video: Michael Jackson, Prince, Dr. Dre & Eminem and More Covered in the Style of Korn
Also Cardi B., Hanson, and some other poor bastards. The post Video: Michael Jackson, Prince, Dr. Dre & Eminem and More Covered in the Style of Korn appeared first on MetalSucks.
- MYLES KENNEDY Announces Solo Tour Of U.K.
Myles Kennedy (ALTER BRIDGE, SLASH FEATURING MYLES KENNEDY & THE CONSPIRATORS) has announced a string of intimate headline dates in the U.K., his first as a solo artist. The six shows take place in March, to coincide with the release of his debut solo record, “Year Of The Tiger”. Pre-sales will begin at 9 a.m. […]
- Listen to Lebanese Blackened Death Metal Band Kaoteon
For fans of Behemoth, Marduk and Watain. The post Listen to Lebanese Blackened Death Metal Band Kaoteon appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Watch YouTube Star Stevie T Add a Dragonforce Touch to Ramones, Green Day + Weezer Classics
What would Herman Li and Sam Totman do? This YouTube sensation finds out. Continue reading…
- GLENN HUGHES ‘May Be The Last Man Standing’ When It Comes To Performing Classic DEEP PURPLE Songs
Iconic rocker Glenn Hughes says DEEP PURPLE will soon cease touring completely, leaving him “the last man standing” who can play the band’s songs with authenticity. Speaking on the “White Line Fever” podcast, Hughes discussed his current tour featuring DEEP PURPLE songs, which will include the Steelhouse Festival in Wales on July 29 and 29. […]
- Former CANDLEMASS Singer MESSIAH MARCOLIN Joins STILLBORN On Stage In Stockholm (Video)
Former CANDLEMASS singer Messiah Marcolin joined fellow Swedish doom metal legends STILLBORN on stage on January 12 at Debaser Strand in Stockholm, Sweden to perform the song “Calvaria 1939”. STILLBORN has been described by its record label, Black Lodge Records, as “probably the first gothic metal band in history. Although they have little to do […]
- Listen: Slugdge Return with “Putrid Fairytale”
It’s been almost two years since we last heard from the U.K. band, but the wait was worth it. The post Listen: Slugdge Return with “Putrid Fairytale” appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Robert Plant to headline Bearded Theory Festival 2018
Robert Plant & The Sensational Shape Shifters have been unveiled as the headliners of Bearded Theory’s Spring Gathering Festival.
- No Cross No Crown – CORROSION OF CONFORMITY
CORROSION OF CONFORMITY has returned with its best album in 22 years. The group has never released bad or subpar music, but since Pepper Keenan removed himself from the picture to focus upon DOWN, the unit lost its momentum and magic. Now that the charming frontman has returned to the fold, the group has repossessed […]
- Catharsis – MACHINE HEAD
Ahead of the release of the Bay Area band’s ninth full-length, MACHINE HEAD’s central figure, Robb Flynn, stated that the album isn’t one of the unit’s heaviest. The notorious frontman doesn’t listen to a lot of metal these days, in fact. His hardcore, punk rock and hip hop listening habits surface on the quartet’s latest […]
- Former Guns N’ Roses Guitarist: “Chinese Democracy Is A Masterpiece”
Former Guns N’ Roses guitarist Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal spoke in an interview with Radio Romania Timisoara and revealed his thoughts about his last studio album with Guns N’ Roses, “Chinese Democracy”. He said that Chinese Democracy is a masterpiece, here’s the statement: “The fretless guitar and some of the melodies and things like that… Everybody contributed so […]
- John Petrucci: When I Heard This Metallica Song For The First Time, “Just Blown Away”
Dream Theater guitarist John Petrucci spoke in an interview with Paul Warren, and revealed an embrassing thing that you probably have not heard before. He also mentioned about Metallica and said: “This is kind of embarrassing to admit, but the first time I heard Stevie Ray Vaughan on the radio, he was playing ‘Voodoo Child,’ and […]
- Creator Of RONNIE JAMES DIO Hologram Says ‘Dio Returns’ Concerts Are ‘Unforgettable Experiences’
The CEO of the company behind the hologram of Ronnie James Dio says that the first leg of the “Dio Returns” tour was a resounding success, with “thousands” of fans coming out every night to take part in “an unforgettable experience.” Dio died in 2010 at the age of 67 from stomach cancer. His hologram […]