Today’s Digest of Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and Hair Bands News and Reviews from PariahRocks.com
- KIP WINGER – “I Don’t Think It’s A Great Practice To Slag Your Fellow Artists”
In celebration of 35 years as a band, Winger will release the new album, Seven, on May 5th. Kip Winger recentl guested on the Appetite For Distortion podcast to discuss the new record, his vast musical history, the Beavis & Butthead references to Winge…
- NIGHT LORD – Death Doesn’t Wait
Spooky sounds effects atop sporadic piano notes and a howling wind (aka the 1:05 “Out Of The Darkness”) greet the debut from Polish speed metallers Night Lord. There’s an early-‘80s naivety about this project, from the over-the-top strangled/torture (n…
- DOKKEN – The Elektra Albums 1983-1987
I have vivid memories of discovering heavy metal music in 1982/83, especially from MTV, and for us here in the NJ area a smaller video channel the U68 Power Hour where Quiet Riot’s “Cum On Fell The Noise”, and Dokken’s “Breaking The Chains” were played…
- San Diego Metal Swap Meet – The Event For Metalheads That Miss “The Social Aspect Of Being In A Record Store And Discovering New Bands”
Since 2009, the San Diego Metal Swap Meet has brought a unique event to Southern California. The event provides a place for metal merchants to sell their clothing, art, CDs, vinyl, patches, and just about anything else heavy metal related. It also offe…
- Watch VOIVOD Accept 2023 JUNO Award For “Metal/Hard Music Album Of The Year”; Video
Voivod took home the 2023 JUNO Award for their latest studio album, Synchro Anarchy. The 52nd Annual JUNO Awards ceremony aired from Edmonton, AB on Monday, March 13. Video of the band’s acceptance speech can be viewed below.
Other nominees in the “Me…
- MAJESTY – Back To Attack
A planned one year hiatus was exacerbated by the Covid pandemic, but Germany’s answer to Manowar are back! While Majesty has never shied away from the comparisons to the Kings Of Metal, they do differentiate themselves from the upstate New Yorkers. Tru…
- INCURSION – Blinding Force
An incursion is an invasion or attack, usually brief, and this Florida based band had a short existence from 1982 – 86 with no official releases outside of a local compilation at the time. In 2018 the two original guitarists, and drummer got back toget…
- COFFIN TORTURE – Blennoid
Second album here from South Carolina freakies Coffin Torture, a sludgey death metal duo who lay down tons of awkward, sideways vibes on Blennoid. Autopsy immediately come to mind, but there’s a more hardcore feel here as well, a smart Relapse atmosphe…
- THE ZEROS Bring Purple Power To The Rainbow Bar & Grill With GEOFF TATE, LIZZY BORDEN, FASTER PUSSYCAT
The Zeros, considered one of the great pioneers of glam metal and glam punk, and also the band behind the longtime theme song of radio personality Howard Stern, have secured the services of Rikki Lee Travolta, the publicist for Steven Adler of Guns N’ …
- BraveWords Ranks The Albums: W.A.S.P.
Loud, brash, bold, introspective, creepy, controversial, offensive, sentimental – any of these adjectives apply to California’s W.A.S.P. Blackie Lawless and crew are celebrating 40 years of raucous rockin’ heavy metal. With 15 studio albums of original…
- Today in Rock History – March 3
1966, Neil Young, Stephen Stills and Richie Furay formed Buffalo Springfield in Los Angeles. 1966, The Who played at the Victoria Ballroom in Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England. 1967, The Doors appear at the Avalon Ballroom, San Francisco. 1967, A twic…
- Neal Schon’s Wife Reveals Two Members Are Against Reunion With Gregg Rolie
It seems like there’s even more drama brewing within the legendary rock band Journey. According to a recent Facebook post by Neal Schon’s wife, Michaele Salahi, another member of the current lineup besides Jonathan Cain, is strictly against having original member Gregg Rolie return for the band’s 50th-anniversary tour. After the sad news of Jeff […] The post Neal Schon’s Wife Reveals Two Members Are Against Reunion With Gregg Rolie appeared first on Metalhead Zone.
- Today in Rock History – March 1
1967, The Beatles began recording “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” at Abbey Road studios, London. Work on the new John Lennon song began the day before with extensive rehearsals. Despite the acronym of the song spelling out LSD, the o…
- Metallica release video for new single “If Darkness Had A Son”
The post Metallica release video for new single “If Darkness Had A Son” appeared first on Sleaze Roxx.
- Striker working on seventh studio album
The post Striker working on seventh studio album appeared first on Sleaze Roxx.
- Today in Rock History – March 12
1965, The Beatles wrap up their location shooting of Help! in the Bahamas. Ringo Starr recalled, “A hell of a lot of pot was being smoked while we were making the film. It was great. That helped make it a lot of fun.” 1966, The first…
- 10 Rock Songs That Were Written About Drugs
None of the big names in rock ‘n’ roll can necessarily call themselves choir boys behind the scenes. The whole mantra of this industry has been about sex, drugs, and rock and roll, and bands have been known to indulge themselves a little too much on th…
- Bruce Kulick recalls that it was very hard for Eric Carr to get his song ideas included on KISS albums
The post Bruce Kulick recalls that it was very hard for Eric Carr to get his song ideas included on KISS albums appeared first on Sleaze Roxx.
- Sergeant Steel drop video for new single “Please Me, Tease Me” from upcoming album ‘Mister Sippi’
The post Sergeant Steel drop video for new single “Please Me, Tease Me” from upcoming album ‘Mister Sippi’ appeared first on Sleaze Roxx.
- Ozzy Osbourne Struggles With Walking, Gives Update On Ongoing Health Battles
It’s no secret that being a rock star ain’t easy on the body. Long tours, late nights, and all that partying can take a toll, especially as these legends get up there in age. It’s always sad to lose a legend like Eddie Van Halen or Neil Peart to health issues, but it’s also a […] The post Ozzy Osbourne Struggles With Walking, Gives Update On Ongoing Health Battles appeared first on Metalhead Zone.
- SLUDGE FLASHBACK … 20 Questions with Paul Gilbert of Mr. Big & Racer X Date: April 27th 2004
Metal Sludge — We’re continuing to dig deep into the old archives and bring you some great past interviews. This 20 Questions takes us back to 2004 with Paul Gilbert of Mr. Big and Racer X fame. Paul was a great sport and gave the readers plenty with roughly 2,500 words of love from his mind and keyboard. Enjoy the latest installment and make sure to click the CLASSIC SLUDGE menu bar tab for more[…]
- Duran Duran’s Andy Taylor Opens Up About His Battle With Stage 4 Prostate Cancer
The fact that life is unpredictable is probably not news to anyone. While good things may come knocking on your door at any given moment, a destructive force like cancer can also unexpectedly present itself. This is a reality that Duran Duran’s Andy Taylor faced when he was diagnosed with prostate cancer four years ago. […] The post Duran Duran’s Andy Taylor Opens Up About His Battle With Stage 4 Prostate Cancer appeared first on Metalhead Zone.
- Lynyrd Skynyrd Singer Johnny Van Zant’s One Dream About His Brother Ronnie
Ronnie Van Zant was an important member of Lynyrd Skynyrd with his contributions — he was the primary lyricist, lead vocalist, and founding member of the band. He had been enjoying great success with Lynyrd Skynyrd, especially in the 1970s when they were at the peak of their career. The band helped popularize the Southern […] The post Lynyrd Skynyrd Singer Johnny Van Zant’s One Dream About His Brother Ronnie appeared first on Metalhead Zone.
- Adam Bomb getting set to embark on ‘Unfinished Business 2023 Tour’ throughout the USA
The post Adam Bomb getting set to embark on ‘Unfinished Business 2023 Tour’ throughout the USA appeared first on Sleaze Roxx.
- Winger hint at release of new studio album ‘Seven’
The post Winger hint at release of new studio album ‘Seven’ appeared first on Sleaze Roxx.
- PATHETIC OF MUDD … Wes Scantlin of Puddle Of Mudd Arrested Again, this time for Trespassing
Metal Sludge — After a long period of keeping his nose clean and out of trouble with the law, it has been reported that Puddle of Mudd singer Wes Scantlin was recently arrested again. Scantlin was arrested on Monday February 20th after a run-in with the owners of a home that he once owned years earlier. According to Radar Online, the singer is alleged to have threatened the home’s house-keeper as well, and the woman[…]
- 10 Greatest Grunge Albums of All-Time
At the start of the ‘90s, rock and roll was in a state of transition. While the hair metal movement was still in full swing, it really started to lose its luster, as bands like Warrant and Winger started to make the teased hairspray brand of rock look …
- Today in Rock History – March 5
1965, The Rolling Stones kicked off their fifth UK tour at The Regal Theatre, Edmonton, London. A 14-date package tour with The Hollies, The Konrads and Dave Berry and the Cruisers. 1966, Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass went to number one on the alb…
- Today in Rock History – March 10
1965, Davie Jones (David Bowie) and the Manish Boys appeared at the Bromel Club, Bromley Hill, England. 1965, The Beatles’ “Eight Days a Week” goes to number one. It’s the first single by a British act to top the American chart…
- Robert Plant Is Still Having A Hard Time To Accept Jeff Beck’s Passing
Jeff Beck’s untimely passing was shocking news for many, as the guitarist had just released a joint record with Johnny Depp and had other plans sorted out ahead of him. Robert Plant has struggled to accept Beck’s death, and the former Led Zeppelin frontman recently shared a message and paid homage to his late friend […] The post Robert Plant Is Still Having A Hard Time To Accept Jeff Beck’s Passing appeared first on Metalhead Zone.
- Koritni to release new studio album ‘Long Overdue’ on April 14th
The post Koritni to release new studio album ‘Long Overdue’ on April 14th appeared first on Sleaze Roxx.
- THE WINERY DOGS – “Once You Succumb To The Temptation, It’s Nothing That You Thought It Would Be”
It was ten years ago, in 2013, that The Winery Dogs first marked their musical territory with the release of an astonishing self-titled debut album. On February 3, 2023, vocalist / guitarist Richie Kotzen (Poison, Mr. Big, Forty Deuce), bassist Billy S…
- STEEL PANTHER – “‘Magical Vagina’ Is A Love Story”
In every aspect, Steel Panther’s new album, On The Prowl, goes right back to the beginning of this often imitated, but never duplicated band of rock ‘n roll Casanovas. The excitement felt when hearing Feel The Steel for the first time, back in 2009, ha…
- Today in Rock History – February 28
1964, The Yardbirds played at the Rhythm and Blues Festival at The Town Hall, Birmingham, England. 1966, Liverpool’s Cavern Club, made famous by the Beatles’ residency there, closes and is later turned into a subway station. 1966, The Who …
- Matt Starr to fill in on drums for KIX while Jimmy Chalfant continues to recover
The post Matt Starr to fill in on drums for KIX while Jimmy Chalfant continues to recover appeared first on Sleaze Roxx.
- KISS perform three songs on SiriusXM’s Howard Stern Show
The post KISS perform three songs on SiriusXM’s Howard Stern Show appeared first on Sleaze Roxx.
- SKINFLINT – “The Fans Should Expect To See The Real Magic Of Rock”
Comprised of guitarist/vocalist Giuseppe Sbrana, bassist Kebonye Nkoloso, and drummer Cosmos Modisaemang, Skinflint is easily the most notable metal band to ever hail from Botswana (which is a landlocked country in Southern Africa). And not only have t…
- HEROES AND MONSTERS – “There Are No Rules… Let’s Do Something Different”
“It was a really fun process,” begins vocalist / bassist Todd Kerns, speaking about Heroes And Monsters – his new band with guitarist Stef Burns (Y&T, Alice Cooper, Huey Lewis And The News) and drummer Will Hunt (Black Label Society, Evanescence, Tommy…
- Former Thundermother members (aka The Gems) reunite with producer Thomas ‘Plec’ Johansson
The post Former Thundermother members (aka The Gems) reunite with producer Thomas ‘Plec’ Johansson appeared first on Sleaze Roxx.
- Mikkey Dee recalls struggling Lemmy not wanting to cancel what turned out to be Motörhead’s final tour
The post Mikkey Dee recalls struggling Lemmy not wanting to cancel what turned out to be Motörhead’s final tour appeared first on Sleaze Roxx.
- Vessel unveil video for new single “Midnight Strike”
The post Vessel unveil video for new single “Midnight Strike” appeared first on Sleaze Roxx.
- Sixteen’s new album ‘Dangerous’ now available
The post Sixteen’s new album ‘Dangerous’ now available appeared first on Sleaze Roxx.
- RIKI N’ ROLL … Cathouse founder and former MTV VJ Riki Rachtman is going on Tour but first tells Metal Sludge about his History with Drugs, Booze, Jail, Porn Stars and Rock Stars
“Is Axl here? How about Nikki? Taime? OK, I guess you’ll do!” — Riki Rachtman LOS ANGELES – Like a rock and roll butterfly, Riki Rachtman continues to evolve even if his preferred brand of sleaze rock remains tucked away neatly in a time capsule. The former Cathouse founder and MTV DJ is testing the waters with a spoken-word tour that’s selling out and getting rave reviews. Rachtman, 60, never rose above the club level[…]
- The Iron Maidens guitarist Courtney Cox to temporarily replace Larissa Ernst in Burning Witches
The post The Iron Maidens guitarist Courtney Cox to temporarily replace Larissa Ernst in Burning Witches appeared first on Sleaze Roxx.
- DEF LEPPARD’s PHIL COLLEN: ‘I Never Get Stage Fright’
In a recent interview with Rolling Stone En Español, DEF LEPPARD guitarist Phil Collen spoke about what goes through his mind when he first hits the stage with his bandmates. He said: “Everyone in the band has a different approach. I always say I never…
- Today in Rock History – March 15
1969, Cream started a two-week run at number one on the chart with their album Goodbye. 1969, Tommy Roe started a four week run at number one on the singles chart with ‘Dizzy’, 1969, Janis Joplin was featured on the cover of Rolling Stone …
- QUEEN’s BRIAN MAY Knighted By KING CHARLES At Buckingham Palace
Brian May was officially knighted by King Charles earlier today (Tuesday, March 14).
The 74-year-old King made the legendary QUEEN guitarist a Knight Bachelor during an investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace in London. May was awarded the honor for …
- MARK LANEGAN – New Book Pays Tribute To SCREAMING TREES, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE Member
In addition to issuing music with Screaming Trees and Queens Of The Stone Age (plus as a solo artist and with other projects), Mark Lanegan also assembled several books throughout his career – tops being his memoir, Sing Backwards and Weep. And while i…
- Psychedelic Time Warp – Show 7
Hosted by Bart Shore. Hear music from, Blood Sweat & Tears, Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, George Harrison. Plus a whole bunch of live cuts including CCR King Crimson, Grateful Dead, Yardbirds, Steely Dan, Frank Zappa, The Nice, Talking Heads, The Do…