Today’s news and reviews for fans of Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and Hair Bands from PariahRocks.com and the ???? Hard, Heavy & Hair Show.
- Metallica’s Kirk Hammett Reveals Real Reason He Quit Exodus: “Things Weren’t So Great”
Speaking in an interview with British GQ, Metallica lead guitarist Kirk Hammett revealed the real reason he quit from Exodus. He said (transcriped by UG): “I formed Exodus when I was 15 or 16 years old, and by the time when I was 20 years old we had been going through some personnel changes. There were […]
- 20 Years Ago: Metallica Lock and ‘Reload’
On Nov. 18, 1997, Metallica released ‘Reload,’ a companion to ‘Load,’ originally intended to be a double album. Continue reading…
- Former ACCEPT Frontman UDO DIRKSCHNEIDER Doesn’t Want To Confuse People By Continuing Namesake ‘DIRKSCHNEIDER’ Band
Spark TV, which is part of the Czech monthly magazine Spark, recently conducted an interview with former ACCEPT frontman Udo Dirkschneider and his son Sven, who plays drums in Udo’s namesake band DIRKSCHNEIDER and his long-running solo outfit U.D.O. You can watch the entire chat below. A few excerpts follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET). On how […]
- STRYPER Is Almost Done Recording New Album
STRYPER finished recording all the basic tracks for its new album (everything except lead vocals and lead guitar solos) a few days ago. According to frontman Michael Sweet, “it went much faster than expected and it sounds absolutely killer! We were all just having fun making music again with a new spirit and attitude. It […]
- Video: TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA Kicks Off First Tour Since Death Of Creator PAUL O’NEILL
Multi-platinum rock theater experience TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA (a.k.a. TSO) kicked off its fall 2017 U.S. tour this past Thursday night (November 16). Fan-filmed video footage of the West Coast version of the tour performing at Mid-America Center in Council Bluffs, Iowa can be seen below. TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA is on the road for the first time since […]
- RIP … AC/DC co-founder Malcom Young, dead at 64
RIP AC/DC co-founder Malcom Young, dead at 64 Rolling Stone — Malcolm Young, guitarist and co-founder of AC/DC, died Saturday at the age of 64. Young had been suffering with dementia for the past three years, an illness that forced his retirement from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame-inducted band he founded with his brother Angus Young in […]
- DAVE GROHL Pays Tribute To MALCOLM YOUNG: ‘Thank You For The Songs And The Feel And The Cool’
FOO FIGHTERS frontman Dave Grohl has paid touching tribute to Malcolm Young. The AC/DC co-founder died earlier today (Saturday, November 18) surrounded by family after a long battle with dementia. In a note posted on the FOO FIGHTERS Facebook page, the former NIRVANA drummer wrote: “37 years ago, my friend Larry Hinkle and I went […]
- Here’s How Rock Celebs Are Reacting To The Death Of Malcolm Young
As you know, AC/DC’s guitar legend Malcolm Young has died at the age of 64, the band said on its website on Saturday. Legendary guitarist had been living with dementia for the last three years, with the illness forcing his retirement from the band in 2014. The death of the legendary guitarist, Malcolm Young, has […]
- BEST OR BRATWURST … Shameless feat: Stevie Rachelle embark on Euro Tour, including Germany’s “H-E-A-T Festival”
BEST OR BRATWURST Shameless feat: Stevie Rachelle embark on Euro Tour, including Germany’s “H-E-A-T Festival” MUNICH, Germany — Anyone like Bratwurst? If you’re an 80’s fan of the Sunset Strip era, make sure to mark your calendars to see Shameless on their European tour. The band will play shows in Austria, Italy, Switzerland […]
- HIM Kiss North America Goodbye With Stunning New York City Gig
Last night (Nov. 17) was the funeral of HIM in North America. Continue reading…
- Phil Campbell and the Bastard Sons Debut Rowdy New Song ‘Ringleader’
Here’s the first song off Phil Campbell and the Bastard Sons’ forthcoming album, ‘The Age of Absurdity.’ Continue reading…
- DRAGONFORCE Bassist On His SINSAENUM Project: ‘I Have A Natural Tendency To Write Darker Things’
Metal Wani’s Anne Catherine Swallow recently conducted an interview with DRAGONFORCE bassist Frédéric Leclercq about his extreme death metal project SINSAENUM, which also features former SLIPKNOT drummer Joey Jordison. You can listen to the entire chat below. A few excerpts follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET). On whether any of the songs on the band’s new “Ashes” […]
- AVENGED SEVENFOLD Guitarist: ‘If People Hate What You’re Doing, It Means You’re Doing It Right’
Jorge Fretes of Spain’s Goetia Media recently conducted an interview with AVENGED SEVENFOLD guitarist Zacky Vengeance. You can listen to the entire chat below. A few excerpts follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET). On whether he pays attention to what the “haters” say about AVENGED SEVENFOLD: Zacky: “To be honest, none of it has ever bothered me. […]
- Gene Simmons on his attempt to trademark devil horns gesture: ‘I regret nothing’
Gene Simmons says he has absolutely zero regrets about attempting to trademark the ‘sign of the horns’ hand gesture.
- BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION Releases ‘Sway’ Studio Video
BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION’s studio video for “Sway” can be seen below. The track is taken from the band’s fourth album, “BCCIV”, which was released on September 22 via Mascot Records. This is BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION’s first studio album since 2013’s “Afterglow”. BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION is the Anglo-American rock group comprising vocalist/bassist Glenn Hughes (DEEP PURPLE, […]
- Inanimate Existence Frontman Cameron Porras Accused of Rape
Read a harrowing statement from his accuser. The post Inanimate Existence Frontman Cameron Porras Accused of Rape appeared first on MetalSucks.
- PROPHETS OF RAGE: Pro-Shot Footage Of Entire Paris Concert
Professionally filmed video footage of PROPHETS OF RAGE’s entire November 10 performance at Le Zénith in Paris, France can be seen below. PROPHETS OF RAGE is the supergroup featuring Chuck D, Tom Morello and other members of RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE alongside CYPRESS HILL’s B-Real. PROPHETS OF RAGE’s self-titled debut album was released on September […]
- Black Sabbath Reveals Shocking Statement About Drugs: “We Would Have Probably Killed Ourselves”
Speaking in an interview with Rolling Stone, Black Sabath mastermind Tony Iommy spoke about drugs. He said: “When I think of all the things we’ve done, whether good or bad, I think there’s a reason for everything. I think if you change anything, it wouldn’t be what it is today. There’s things you regret, like […]
- AC/DC Guitarist and Co-Founder Malcolm Young Dies at 64
R.I.P. to the guitarist of one of the greatest rock bands in history. Continue reading…
- IRON MAIDEN’s BRUCE DICKINSON Didn’t Want To Be ‘Nasty’ To Other People In His Autobiography
IRON MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson was recently interviewed by Simon Mayo of BBC Radio 2. You can now listen to the chat at this location (starting at around one-hour, eight-minute mark). Asked about his decision to keep his family life — including current and former wives, divorces and children — out of his recently released […]
- WATCH: Black Sabbath share extended trailer for ‘The End of the End’
Heavy metal overlords Black Sabbath have shared an extended trailer for their concert film ‘The End of the End’.
- EVANESCENCE’s AMY LEE Wins ‘Hollywood Music And Media Award’ For ‘Speak To Me’ From Film ‘Voice From The Stone’
Amy Lee of the group EVANESCENCE won the Hollywood Music And Media Award for “Best Original Song – Independent Film” for the track “Speak To Me” from the film “Voice From The Stone” (starring Emilia Clarke). The song was written by Lee and Michael Wandmacher. The Hollywood Music And Media Awards (HMMA) ceremony — which […]
- Midnite City release lyric video for “Ghosts Of My Old Friends”
- Did Machine Head Steal a Riff from Strapping Young Lad? Robb Flynn and Devin Townsend Respond
There ain’t no beef, so stop trying to make steak. The post Did Machine Head Steal a Riff from Strapping Young Lad? Robb Flynn and Devin Townsend Respond appeared first on MetalSucks.
- AC/DC Co-Founder And Guitarist MALCOLM YOUNG Dead At 64
Malcolm Young, guitarist and co-founder of the legendary Australian hard rock band AC/DC, has died at the age of 64. He had been suffering from dementia for at least the past three years. Malcolm died peacefully on Saturday with his family by his bedside, a statement said. “Today it is with deep heartfelt sadness that […]
- WITCHERY Guitarist PATRIK JENSEN Says Newer Album Production Jobs Give Him ‘Metal Fatigue’
Metal Wani’s Chuck Marshall recently conducted an interview with guitarist Patrik Jensen of Swedish thrashers WITCHERY. You can listen to the entire chat below. A few excerpts follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET). On why WITCHERY established the goal of releasing their new “I Am Legion” studio album a year after their previous “In His Infernal Majesty’s […]
- Geezer Butler Has 120 New Riffs Written, Open to One-Off Black Sabbath Show
Hopefully we get some new music from Geezer Butler sooner than later. Continue reading…
- Metal and Rock Celebrities React to the Death of Malcolm Young
Includes members of Megadeth, Rage Against the Machine, Asking Alexandria, and more. The post Metal and Rock Celebrities React to the Death of Malcolm Young appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Members Of SLIPKNOT, KORN, MEGADETH, ANTHRAX, POISON, Others React To Passing Of MALCOLM YOUNG
Members of SLIPKNOT, MEGADETH, ANTHRAX, WHITESNAKE, POISON, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, STRYPER, KORN, OVERKILL, KREATOR, SEPULTURA and VOLBEAT are among the rock musicians and scores of other artists who reacted on social media to the passing of Malcolm Young. The 64-year-old guitarist and co-founder of the legendary Australian hard rock band AC/DC had been suffering […]
- AC/DC’s Malcolm Young Has Died at the Age of 64
The Australian guitarist and AC/DC co-founder Malcolm Young has died aged 64. The band has shared an official statement on their Facebook page and confirmed the news of Young’s death. Rock’s guitar legend passed away surrounded by family, following a long battle with dementia. His last live performance with AC/DC when their tour for 2008’s […]
- British Actor DOUGLAS BOOTH In Negotiations To Play NIKKI SIXX In MÖTLEY CRÜE’s Biopic ‘The Dirt’
According to Deadline, British actor Douglas Booth is in negotiations to play Nikki Sixx in MÖTLEY CRÜE’s long-awaited film adaptation of the group’s biography, “The Dirt – Confessions Of The World’s Most Notorious Rock Band”. The film adaptation of “The Dirt” is being helmed by “Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa” director Jeff Tremaine and is being […]
- ‘We salute you’: Rock world pays tribute to AC/DC’s Malcolm Young
The rock world has been paying tribute to AC/DC rhythm guitarist Malcolm Young who has died aged 64.
- Rockers React to the Death of AC/DC’s Malcolm Young
See what rock and metal artists have had to say about the loss of AC/DC legend Malcolm Young. Continue reading…
- AC/DC Guitarist and Co-Founder Malcolm Young Dead at Age 64
He rocked; we salute him. The post AC/DC Guitarist and Co-Founder Malcolm Young Dead at Age 64 appeared first on MetalSucks.
- See a Trailer for Linkin Park’s ‘One More Light’ Live Album, Plus News on Queens of the Stone Age, Anvil + More
See the new trailer for the upcoming live album, learn more about the new At The Gates disc, and more in Wire-to-Wire. Continue reading…
- SIN QUIRIN Says ‘AmeriKKKant’ Album ‘Has Stuff That I Don’t Think People Are Expecting From A MINISTRY Record’
Jay Nanda of Alamo True Metal conducted an interview with members of industrial metal pioneers MINISTRY prior to the band’s November 12 show at the Aztec Theatre in San Antonio, Texas. You can watch the entire chat below. A few excerpts follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET). On the band’s forthcoming “AmeriKKKant” studio album: Sin Quirin (guitar): […]
- British Actor Douglas Booth in Negotiations to Play Mötley Crüe’s Nikki Sixx in The Dirt Movie
It’s safe to say no one saw this coming. The post British Actor Douglas Booth in Negotiations to Play Mötley Crüe’s Nikki Sixx in The Dirt Movie appeared first on MetalSucks.
- AC/DC legend Malcolm Young dies aged 64
Malcolm Young has died aged 64, AC/DC have announced.
- FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH Guitarist On Upcoming Album: ‘It’s One Of Our Best, If Not The Best’
During a question-and-answer session with fans earlier today (Friday, November 17) at the Bandit Rock radio station in Stockholm, Sweden, FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH guitarist Zoltan Bathory spoke about the band’s upcoming follow-up to 2015’s “Got Your Six” album, tentatively due in April or May of next year. “We are FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH, so […]
- Ozzy states saddest thing about Black Sabbath’s ‘The End’ is not working things out with Bill Ward
- TRIVIUM Frontman On Finding New Drummer ALEX BENT: ‘I’m So Thankful That The Stars Finally Aligned’
In a newly shared interview by the That’s Not Metal Podcast, TRIVIUM frontman Matt Heafy speaks candidly about the band’s career to date, growing up in public, the pressures to deliver on their early ambition, and the choices they have made in their varied back catalog that has led to new album “The Sin And […]
- 10 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About Kirk Hammett
Metallica’s lead guitarist Kirk Hammett is celebrating his 55th birthday today (born: November 18, 1962). On this special day, we listed 10 things you probably didn’t know about him. This list is based on references to the following sites and our articles: Needsomefun.net, Gibson.com and Societyofrock.com. It’s been nearly 30+ years since Kirk Hammett received […]