Today’s news and reviews for fans of Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and Hair Bands from PariahRocks.com and the ???? Hard, Heavy & Hair Show.
- Ignitor featuring singer Jason McMaster release video for “To Brave The War”
- IN FLAMES Covers DEPECHE MODE, ALICE IN CHAINS, NINE INCH NAILS On ‘Down, Wicked & No Good’ EP
Gothenburg, Sweden-based metal heavyweights IN FLAMES have surprised fans by releasing a four-track covers EP, “Down, Wicked & No Good”. To debut their cover of DEPECHE MODE’s 1997 hit single “It’s No Good”, the members of IN FLAMES are taking over DEPECHE MODE’s Facebook page today starting at 13:00 CET, releasing exclusive content and a […]
- FATES WARNING’s ‘Perfect Symmetry’, ‘Parallels’ Albums To Be Reissued With Bonus Tracks
On January 12, Metal Blade Records will reissue two of FATES WARNING’s fan-favorite albums, “Perfect Symmetry” (1989) and “Parallels” (1991), as part of the label’s “Originals Series”. Featuring new vinyl mastering by Patrick W. Engel, both “Perfect Symmetry” and “Parallels” will be released on vinyl with 400g heavy cardboard spine sleeves (inside-out print), 60x60cm two-sided […]
- Pierce the Veil’s Mike Fuentes Accused of Sexual Relations With a Minor
Two women allege that, a decade ago, Mike Fuentes engaged in sexual and inappropriate relationships with them when they were 16 and 14. Continue reading…
- A Perfect Circle’s Video for “The Doomed”: Amazing, Pretentious, or Both?
Watch and weigh in. The post A Perfect Circle’s Video for “The Doomed”: Amazing, Pretentious, or Both? appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Lars Ulrich Explains Where He Sees Metallica Five Years From Now
Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich spoke in an interview with 92Y in New York City and explained where he sees Metallica five years from now. He said: “We’re on a roll. We’re having the time of our lives. ‘Hardwired album came out a year ago. Touring’s great. The model that we’ve sort of set up for ourselves is a […]
- Billy Howerdel on A Perfect Circle Fans Taking Photos: “It’s Just Rude”
“People talking about the show is so much more powerful.” The post Billy Howerdel on A Perfect Circle Fans Taking Photos: “It’s Just Rude” appeared first on MetalSucks.
- A PERFECT CIRCLE Guitarist Defends Band’s ‘No-Cell-Phone’ Policy At Concerts
A PERFECT CIRCLE guitarist Billy Howerdel spoke to the Montreal Gazette about the band’s strict no-cell-phone policy at all concerts. He said: “First of all, it’s just rude. Putting up a phone in front of someone’s face so they get to watch the show through it? Getting a memento of the show — sure, I’ve […]
- The Dark Element’s Anette Olzon: Balancing Life With Returning to Music [Exclusive Interview]
Anette Olzon has resurfaced in The Dark Element, teaming up with ex-Sonata Arctica guitarist Jani Liimatainen and we got the scoop on the project in this chat. Continue reading…
- Brendon Small of Galaktikon / Dethklok Shows You How To Easily Write A Song With Toontrack’s Superior Drummer
Learn how to quickly write a song from the master himself! The post Brendon Small of Galaktikon / Dethklok Shows You How To Easily Write A Song With Toontrack’s Superior Drummer appeared first on MetalSucks.
- JEFF SCOTT SOTO: ‘Retribution’ Video Released
The official video for the song “Retribution” from Jeff Scott Soto can be seen below. The track is the title cut of his new album, which was released on November 10 via Frontiers Music Srl. Co-written and produced together with Jeff Scott Soto alumni Howie Simon, “Retribution” is Jeff’s sixth proper solo studio album in […]
- ROCK STAR OR FOOL? L.A. Guns guitar player Michael Grant uses homophobic slur ‘fa??ot’ in profanity-filled Facebook rant
ROCK STAR OR FOOL? L.A. Guns guitar player Michael Grant uses homophobic slur ‘fa??ot’ in profanity-filled Facebook rant PRAGUE, Czech Republic — A new facebook post by Michael Grant has turned a few heads after the L.A. Guns guitarist used the word ‘faggot’ in a profanity filled social media rant. Grant was recalling some […]
- Mike Portnoy Explains Why He Quit From Avenged Sevenfold
Former drummer of Dream Theater and Avenged Sevenfold, Mike Portnoy spoke in an interview with Metal Wani and explained why he leave Avenged Sevenfold. He said (transcriped by Blabbermouth): “I love the album and I love Brooks. I’ve always been a fan of Brooks, for many, many years — whether it be the INFECTIOUS GROOVES stuff, or even recently, […]
- In Flames are Teasing Something, Possibly a Covers EP
The band has posted snippets of covers of songs by Alice in Chains, Chris Isaak and Depeche Mode. The post In Flames are Teasing Something, Possibly a Covers EP appeared first on MetalSucks.
- URIAH HEEP To Enter Studio With Producer JAY RUSTON
Legendary progressive rock band URIAH HEEP is set to commence the recording of its brand new studio album (the 25th in the group’s storied career), which will be titled, appropriately enough, “Living The Dream”. “We have been together for 47 years and we have seen many bands come and go, so in effect we are […]
- SHARON OSBOURNE Defends OZZFEST’s Lawsuit Against OZY FEST
Sharon Osbourne has defended Ozzfest’s decision to file a lawsuit against the organizers of the interactive outdoor festival OZY Fest. It was reported last month that Ozzy Osbourne’s long-running festival had sued the people behind OZY Fest, claiming that the New York City event and its logo were confusing music fans. During a recent edition […]
- A Perfect Circle Release Intense New Video for ‘The Doomed,’ Defend ‘No Cell Phone’ Concert Policy
The band doesn’t need frills for a compelling video. Continue reading…
- Iron Maiden launch Eddie the Head comic book series ‘Legacy of the Beast’
The first ever Iron Maiden comic book series is set to launch this autumn.
- Neurosis Drummer Jason Roeder Selling Old Drum Kit for Charity
The sale will benefit the Sonoma County North Bay Fire Relief Fund to help victims of the October 2017 North Bay wildfires. The post Neurosis Drummer Jason Roeder Selling Old Drum Kit for Charity appeared first on MetalSucks.
- COREY TAYLOR: ‘I Would Give Up A GRAMMY Win For Our Country To Figure S**t Out’
SLIPKNOT and STONE SOUR singer Corey Taylor recently spoke to Ladies Of Metal about his new book called “America 51”. He said (see video below): “It’s essentially my take on the political divide going on in this country. It’s me encouraging people to kind of cut out the noise on either side. ‘Cause it seems […]
- PRESALE: Europe announce nine-date September 2018 UK tour with King King
Europe will play a series of headline UK shows next autumn as part of the Tour The Earth 2018 tour.
- Wail Along to Black Wail’s “Chromium Homes”
This song might give you a contact high. The post Wail Along to Black Wail’s “Chromium Homes” appeared first on MetalSucks.
- AT THE GATES Begins Recording ‘Darker, Richer And More Raging’ New Album
Swedish melodic death metal pioneers AT THE GATES have entered Parlour Studios in the U.K. with producer Russ Russell (NAPALM DEATH, THE HAUNTED, DIMMU BORGIR) to begin recording their new album. The follow-up to 2014’s acclaimed comeback effort, “At War With Reality”, will arrive in early 2018 via Century Media. “We are finally hitting the […]
- Inanimate Existence Did Something Bad, Get Dropped from Upcoming Tour with the Faceless
The Faceless say Inanimate Existence have committed “actions that we simply cannot stand for.” The post Inanimate Existence Did Something Bad, Get Dropped from Upcoming Tour with the Faceless appeared first on MetalSucks.
- PAUL STANLEY Says Next KISS Album ‘Would Have To Be Something Different’
Paul Stanley says that he is unsure about making a new KISS studio album, explaining that the band’s next record “would have to be something different.” KISS hasn’t released a full-length disc of new music since 2012’s “Monster”, which sold 56,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at […]
- Listen To New PRETTY BOY FLOYD Song ‘We Got The Power’
Frontiers Music Srl will release the new album from PRETTY BOY FLOYD, titled “Public Enemies”, on December 1. The second track from the upcoming release, “We Got The Power”, can be streamed below. “Public Enemies” is exactly what’d you expect from these seasoned Sunset Strip veterans — a fun record meant to be played at […]
- WATCH: Slayer cover Led Zeppelin’s ‘Rock and Roll’
Thrash metal titans Slayer have covered Led Zeppelin’s ‘Rock and Roll’ during a soundcheck.
- CORROSION OF CONFORMITY Members Discuss Their Return In ‘No Cross No Crown’ Album Trailer
CORROSION OF CONFORMITY will release its new album, “No Cross No Crown”, on January 12 via Nuclear Blast Entertainment. It will be made available on CD, digital, vinyl, and cassette formats. In advance of the disc’s release, CORROSION OF CONFORMITY has unveiled part one of a multi-part blog series. In the clip below, the band […]
- Sharon Osbourne on Ozy Fest Lawsuit: ‘Where Do People Come Up With the Nerve?’
During an appearance on ‘The Talk,’ Sharon Osbourne discussed the Ozzfest’s legal battle against organizers of Ozy Fest. Continue reading…
- Exclusive: Listen to Yes performing ‘Roundabout’ from ‘Topographic Drama – Live Across America’
Ahead of the release of Yes’s new live album ‘Topographic Drama – Live Across America’ next week, Planet Rock has an exclusive stream just for you.
- Jason Newsted Albums Ranked
We rank the albums that the musician has featured on from weakest to strongest. Continue reading…
- In This Moment Tap P.O.D. + More for 2018 North American Tour
Circle January and February on your calendars because that’s when In This Moment roll into town with a stacked lineup. Continue reading…
- Tiger Claws to release debut album later this month via Retrospect Records
- Video Premiere: A PERFECT CIRCLE’s ‘The Doomed’
A PERFECT CIRCLE has released the official music video for “The Doomed”, the first new music to be heard from the band’s expected 2018 album. The clip, which was directed by Jeremy Danger and Travis Shinn, arrives as the band is in the final two weeks of its North American tour. A PERFECT CIRCLE also […]
- MOTÖRHEAD Drummer PHIL ‘PHILTHY ANIMAL’ TAYLOR’s Kit Up For Auction
A drum kit once used by late MOTÖRHEAD drummer Phil “Philthy Animal” Taylor is being auctioned via Bonhams, a celebrated auction house in England. The Camco drum kit includes shark motif bass drumskins which appeared on Phil’s kits at a number of live performances throughout the 1980s, among them “Top Of The Pops” in 1980 […]
- Carpenter Brut Announce 2018 European and North American Tour Dates
The synthwave band is coming baaaaaaack The post Carpenter Brut Announce 2018 European and North American Tour Dates appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Did Trent Reznor Make a ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ Cameo?
A popular Internet theory suggests that Trent Reznor made a surprise cameo as a silver statue street performer on ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm.’ Continue reading…
- Operation: Mindcrime featuring Geoff Tate release lyric video for new track “Under Control”
- A New Book Reveals Shocking Details Of Kurt Cobain’s Relationship With Heroin Dealers
Hole drummer Patty Schemel’s book, “Hit So Hard,” features a section about Kurt Cobain’s relationship with drug dealers. A fan named “googoo-muck” shared this story on Reddit. Here’s the interesting story of Kurt Cobain and heroin dealers: “I’m almost done listening to the audiobook version (which Patty did a great job doing) and I just […]
- 18 Years Ago: Korn Followed Their Own Lead With ‘Issues’
On Nov. 16, 1999, Korn released the highly successful album ‘Issues,’ which yielded hits like ‘Falling Away From Me’ and ‘Make Me Bad.’ Continue reading…
- LISTEN: Heavy metal cover of Pink Floyd’s ‘The Dark Side of the Moon’ dents US chart
A heavy metal reinterpretation of Pink Floyd’s seminal classic ‘The Dark Side of the Moon’ is making waves Stateside.
- Watch BLACK SABBATH Perform ‘War Pigs’ From ‘The End’ Blu-Ray, DVD
Almost five decades ago, the toll of a bell and rolling thunder marked the conception of an ear splittingly monolithic riff. In that moment, BLACK SABBATH and the sound of heavy metal were forged. The band embarked on what vocalist Ozzy Osbourne describes as the most incredible adventure you could think of, a journey that […]
- New STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Singer Is ‘Blessed And Very Honored’ To Have Been Chosen
New STONE TEMPLE PILOTS singer Jeff Gutt says that he is “blessed and very honored” to have been chosen to front “the LED ZEPPELIN of my generation.” The one-time “The X Factor” contestant was announced as the third frontman in the group’s history on Tuesday evening (November 14) prior to the band giving a special […]
- 10 Greatest Covers of Black Sabbath Songs [Watch]
Check out our picks for the greatest covers of Black Sabbath classics. Continue reading…
- BuzzFeed Quizzes for Metalheads
Includes the Big Four, Ozzy, Pantera, Killswitch Engage, and more. The post BuzzFeed Quizzes for Metalheads appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Ghost Atlas, ‘All Is in Sync and There’s Nothing Left to Sing About’ – Exclusive Album Stream
Hear the exclusive album stream for The Ghost Atlas’ ‘All Is in Sync and There’s Nothing Left to Sing.’ Continue reading…
- Mike Portnoy on Stint With Avenged Sevenfold: They Weren’t Ready to Commit to Me
In a new interview, Mike Portnoy elaborated on his short stint with A7X, claiming ‘they just weren’t ready to commit yet’ to bring him in permanently. Continue reading…
- WARPED TOUR To Come To An End After 2018 Run
According to The Pulse Of Radio, the Vans Warped Tour, the last major annual traveling music festival in North America, has announced that 2018 will be its final year, marking the tour’s 24th edition since it first launched in 1995. No lineup has been announced as of yet, but the tour itinerary has been confirmed. […]
- UGLY KID JOE Vocalist On ‘Everything About You’: ‘We Probably Wouldn’t Be Talking Without That Song’
UGLY KID JOE frontman Whitfield Crane recently spoke with Australia’s Spotlight Report about the 25th anniversary of the group’s double-platinum full-length debut “America’s Least Wanted”. The full chat can be viewed below. A few excerpts follow (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): On the how the group’s musical abilities have improved over the years: Whitfield: “It’s a […]