Today’s news and reviews for fans of Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and Hair Bands from PariahRocks.com and the ???? Hard, Heavy & Hair Show.
- ORPHANED LAND: One-Hour Documentary From Germany’s ‘Rockpalast’ Now Available Online
German TV program “Rockpalast” has produced a one-hour documentary on Israeli progressive folk metallers ORPHANED LAND. The film, which contains peformance footage of ORPHANED LAND and CARCASS (who have a guest appearance in the documentary), can be seen below. ORPHANED LAND incorporates Middle Eastern influences into nearly all of its songs and is considered the […]
- BRUCE DICKINSON Documentary ‘Scream For Me Sarajevo’ To Be Screened In U.K. Cinemas In April
“Scream For Me Sarajevo”, a documentary telling the story of a 1994 concert given by IRON MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson while the Bosnian War was raging and Sarajevo itself was under siege, will be screened in select U.K. cinemas from April 17. There will also be a question-and-answer session with Dickinson from London that will […]
- Video: MYLES KENNEDY Performs ‘Year Of The Tiger’ Title Track At ‘HardDrive Radio’ Studios
Video footage of Myles Kennedy performing an acoustic version of the title track of his debut solo album, “Year Of The Tiger”, at the studios of HardDrive Radio can be seen below. “Year Of The Tiger” was released on March 9 via Napalm Records. The effort was helmed by ALTER BRIDGE’s longtime producer Michael “Elvis” […]
- Periphery to Start Writing New Music
New riffery from Periphery. The post Periphery to Start Writing New Music appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Listen to the Disturbed + Stevie Wonder Mashup ‘Wish of Confusion’
DJ Cummerbund, the mashup master who brought us a union of Marilyn Manson and Shania Twain, has outdone himself this time, mixing Disturbed and Stevie Wonder. Continue reading…
- Butcher Babies + Nonpoint Team Up for ‘Kings and Queens’ 2018 Co-Headlining Tour
The ‘Kings & Queens’ trek will also feature support from Cane Hill and Sumo Cyco. Continue reading…
- If You’ve Ever Wondered How Your Name Would Look as the Judas Priest Logo, Here’s Your Chance to Find Out
Hellbent for a silly way to waste time. The post If You’ve Ever Wondered How Your Name Would Look as the Judas Priest Logo, Here’s Your Chance to Find Out appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Watch a Nine-Year-Old Front Stone Temple Pilots Live
Jeff Gutt has been the singer for Stone Temple Pilots for a short time, but he’s already got someone gunning for his job, and the kid has youth on his side! Continue reading…
- Video Premiere: STRYPER’s ‘Sorry’
STRYPER’s video for the song “Sorry” can be seen below. The track is taken from the band’s new album, “God Damn Evil”, which will be released on April 20 via Frontiers Music Srl. Produced by frontman Michael Sweet, it is STRYPER’s most powerful album to date, doubling down on the hard rock/heavy metal sound that […]
- Jack White Covers Legendary Gangster Al Capone on ‘Boarding House Reach’ Album
The singer found a rather odd muse for one of the songs on his upcoming album, pulling from an iconic 1920s gangster. Continue reading…
- Zakk Wylde: “All The Biggest Bands Played What They Loved Playing”
Ozzy Osbourne’s guitarist Zakk Wylde spoke in an interview with Art Thompson and explained that how some bands become big band. He said: “A lot of it was just helping them learn how to play the stuff they loved listening to. I mean, you can tell a kid that it’s important to learn from Clapton or […]
- Video: DIRKSCHNEIDER Performs In Westland, Michigan
Multi-camera video footage of DIRKSCHNEIDER — the band fronted by former ACCEPT singer Udo Dirkschneider — performing on March 6 at the Token Lounge in Westland, Michigan can be seen below (clip edited and produced by George S Pogacich). Dirkschneider has spent the last two years touring under the DIRKSCHNEIDER banner, performing classic ACCEPT songs […]
- DEEP PURPLE Guitarist STEVE MORSE’s One-Of-A-Kind Acoustic Electric Guitar Stolen In Washington D.C.
Steve Morse is asking for the public’s help to get back a prized possession — a Buscarino acoustic electric guitar — after it was stolen last week. The instrument went missing during the load-in for a DIXIE DREGS show last Wednesday, March 7 at the Lincoln Theatre in Washington D.C. The DEEP PURPLE axeman has […]
- Members of the Devin Townsend Project and Strapping Young Lad Join Forces in New Band
Devin’s exes find solace in one another’s arms. The post Members of the Devin Townsend Project and Strapping Young Lad Join Forces in New Band appeared first on MetalSucks.
- IRON MAIDEN Settles Lawsuit Over ‘Hallowed Be Thy Name’ Songwriting Credits
IRON MAIDEN has reportedly settled a lawsuit over the writing credits for the band’s classic song “Hallowed Be Thy Name”. A year ago, retired rock band manager Barry McKay took MAIDEN’s Steve Harris and Dave Murray to court over the 1982 track, claiming reproduced major parts of another song, “Life’s Shadow”, co-written nearly a decade […]
- Here’s a 9-Year-Old Performing “Dead & Bloated” with Stone Temple Pilots
#parenting The post Here’s a 9-Year-Old Performing “Dead & Bloated” with Stone Temple Pilots appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Metallica – Nothing Else Matters (Acoustic Live 1997)
Metallica – Nothing Else Matters Recorded Live: 10/19/1997 – Shoreline Amphitheatre – Mountain View, CA Lyrics So close, no matter how far Couldn’t be much more from the heart Forever trusting who we are And nothing else matters Never opened myself this way Life is ours, we live it our way All these words I […]
- Video: 4-Year-Old Girl Cries Because Her Daddy Won’t Take Her to See Slayer
Awwwwww! The post Video: 4-Year-Old Girl Cries Because Her Daddy Won’t Take Her to See Slayer appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Live Album from 1998 Dynamo Open Air Announced, Featuring Pantera and Soulfly
A time machine to one of the tightest festivals on the planet. The post Live Album from 1998 Dynamo Open Air Announced, Featuring Pantera and Soulfly appeared first on MetalSucks.
- W.A.S.P. Releases ‘Docter Rockter’ Lyric Video
On February 2, W.A.S.P. released the critically acclaimed 25th anniversary edition “ReIdolized (The Soundtrack To The Crimson Idol)” of the band’s iconic hit album “The Crimson Idol”. The re-recordings of one of the best concept albums of all times tell the legendary story of Jonathan Aaron Steele, an abused child looking for love. Discovering music […]
- Watch John 5 Play a Hello Kitty Guitar in 13 Different Styles
John 5 nails western swing, flatpicking, slapping and more styles before playing some of rock and metal’s greatest riffs. Continue reading…
- METALLICA, BON JOVI, LINKIN PARK, FOO FIGHTERS Honored At ‘iHeartRadio Music Awards’
METALLICA was honored in the “Rock Artist Of The year” category at last night’s (March 11) iHeartRadio Music Awards at The Forum in Inglewood, California. The San Francisco Bay Area metal legends were nominated alongside FOO FIGHTERS, HIGHLY SUSPECT, PAPA ROACH and ROYAL BLOOD. BON JOVI took home the first-ever “iHeartRadio Icon Award” to celebrate […]
- EUROPE’s JOEY TEMPEST ‘Never Knew’ ‘The Final Countdown’ Would Become Such A Big Hit
Vocalist Joey Tempest of Swedish hard rockers EUROPE spoke to Australia’s Wall Of Sound about the creation of the band’s mega-hit “The Final Countdown”. Asked if he knew the song would be a smash when he was writing it and recording it, the singer said: “It is a good question. I did the demo at […]
- LYNCH MOB Recruits Former BLONZ Singer NATHAN UTZ
LYNCH MOB has recuited singer Nathan Utz to front the band following the recent departure of Oni Logan. The Atlanta, Georgia-based Utz previousy sang for the late 1980s/early 1990s glam metal band BLONZ and is currently the frontman for the AEROSMITH tribute act PANDORA’S BOX, which also features EVANESCENCE’s Troy McLawhorn. Utz made his live […]
- Between the Buried and Me’s Tommy Rogers on The MetalSucks Podcast #229
We discuss the band’s latest record, Automata 1, the reason behind the decision to release this record in two parts (Automata 2 is out in June), the process of making music with his bandmates, why concept records work so well for BTBAM, which of his albums is his most personal, the importance of North Carolina to the […]
- A Taste of Sin – Sinsaenum releases their own wine
“The delicate, sinful wine is blessed with a light raspberry scent and a roasted aroma.” The post A Taste of Sin – Sinsaenum releases their own wine appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Watch “The Week in Metal with Whitney Moore” for March 12th, 2018
Mushroomhead loses two of its key members, Tommy Lee gets smacked around by his son, and Tool finally enter the studio. The post Watch “The Week in Metal with Whitney Moore” for March 12th, 2018 appeared first on MetalSucks.
- JUDAS PRIEST’s SCOTT TRAVIS Says ‘Everything Came Together’ On ‘Firepower’ Album
JUDAS PRIEST drummer Scott Travis told NJArts.net in a new interview that he is confident fans will find plenty to like on the band’s latest album, “Firepower”. “It’s 14 tracks and people have the leisure to listen to it if they want to, and in what capacity they want to,” he said. “They should live […]
- ALICE IN CHAINS Putting Finishing Touches On New Album; More Spring/Summer Tour Dates Announced
ALICE IN CHAINS has announced dates for the second leg of its North American headline tour, which kicks off August 22 at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver, B.C. The new dates are part of a worldwide trek that will see ALICE IN CHAINS performing across North America and Europe. ALICE IN CHAINS is currently […]
- Pearl Jam Releases First New Song In 5 Years
American grunge band Pearl Jam has released their latest album “Lightning Bolt” in 2013. After this album, the band does not released any new material; until today. Today, the track titled “Can not Deny Me” has been released with members of the official Ten Club fan club. A short section of the song has been released […]
- Alice Cooper Announces Summer 2018 Tour
Seventy friggin’ years old and still metalin’. The post Alice Cooper Announces Summer 2018 Tour appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Avenged Sevenfold’s M. Shadows Ready for ‘Exciting and Different’ Summer Tour: ‘It’s Going to Challenge Some People’
The Avenged Sevenfold vocalist speaks about the eclectic summer tour lineup they’ve put together and how it may challenge some fans. Continue reading…
- BUTCHER BABIES And NONPOINT Announce ‘Kings & Queens Tour’
BUTCHER BABIES have announced a national co-headlining “Kings & Queens Tour” with NONPOINT. The trek follows the release of BUTCHER BABIES’ third studio album, “Lilith”, which came out in October via Century Media Records. NONPOINT will perform new music off its highly anticipated 10th studio album, slated for a summer 2018 release via Spinefarm Records. […]
- Tool Formally Announce That They’re in the Studio
I’ll get excited when there’s a release date. The post Tool Formally Announce That They’re in the Studio appeared first on MetalSucks.
- The Secret to Making Disturbed Palatable? Stevie Wonder
Listen to a mash-up of “Land of Confusion” and “I Wish.” The post The Secret to Making Disturbed Palatable? Stevie Wonder appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Iron Maiden Settles ‘Hallowed Be Thy Name’ Lawsuit
They settled out of court, “Due to escalating legal fees and the potential huge costs of a court case.” Continue reading…
- ‘Monstrous’ New LAST IN LINE Album Coming In 2019, Says Producer JEFF PILSON
During a recent appearance on the “Rock Talk With Mitch Lafon” podcast, former DIO and current FOREIGNER bassist Jeff Pilson — who produced LAST IN LINE’s 2016 debut album, “Heavy Crown” — provided an update on that band’s in-progress, as-yet-untitled second album. “It will probably [come out in] 2019, mostly because of DEF LEPPARD’s touring […]
- ALICE COOPER Announces Summer 2018 North American Tour
Rock icon Alice Cooper, who released his 27th album, “Paranormal”, last July via earMUSIC, has announced his summer 2018 tour plans. Following on his current “A Paranormal Evening With Alice Cooper” March run, the tireless legend will embark on another North American trek. The summer tour kicks off on August 3 at the Wisconsin State […]
- Iron Maiden Settle “Hallowed Be Thy Name” Lawsuit
But there is probably going to be more litigation in their future. The post Iron Maiden Settle “Hallowed Be Thy Name” Lawsuit appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Alice Cooper Unveils ‘Paranormal Evening’ Summer 2018 Tour Dates
The shock rock icon has a summer full of paranormal fun in store. Continue reading…
- Alice in Chains Finishing New Album + Announce Second Leg of 2018 Headlining Tour
Find out when and where Alice in Chains will be playing around the world. Continue reading…
- 12 Pop Acts Who Used to Rock
Unfortunately, these acts were all seduced by the bright and shiny side of the music industry. Continue reading…
- Deep Purple’s Steve Morse appeals for return of stolen guitar
Steve Morse is appealing for the return of a much-loved guitar after it was stolen last week.
- BAD WOLVES To Release ‘Disobey’ Album In May; ‘Zombie’ Cover Goes No. 1 Around The World
BAD WOLVES’ cover of THE CRANBERRIES’ “Zombie” has hit No. 1 in multiple countries around the globe. The track will appear on the band’s debut album, “Disobey”, coming out May 18 on Eleven Seven Music. Stateside, the song hit the trifecta, going No. 1 iTunes overall, rock, and metal. It also hit No. 1 Rock […]
- AURI Feat. NIGHTWISH’s TUOMAS HOLOPAINEN, TROY DONOCKLEY: Making Of ‘Night 13’ Video
Behind-the-scenes footage from the making of the “Night 13” video from AURI, the project featuring NIGHTWISH mainman/keyboardist Tuomas Holopainen and his wife, popular Finnish singer Johanna Kurkela, can be seen below. The song is taken from AURI’s self-titled debut album, which will be released on March 23 via Nuclear Blast. “Auri” track listing: 01. The […]
- Alice in Chains Announce Summer Headlining Tour
They’re also “putting the finishing touches” on their new album. The post Alice in Chains Announce Summer Headlining Tour appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Judas Priest’s Glenn Tipton Refused to Use Backing Tracks Live; Richie Faulkner Questions Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Unable to perform at his full potential due to Parkinson’s, Tipton refused the idea of playing to a backing tape onstage, according to Rob Halford. Continue reading…
- Metallica – King Nothing (Official Music Vİdeo)
From Load album 1996 © Video Clip 2006 WMG King Nothing Lyrics Wish I may Wish I might Have this I wish tonight Are you satisfied? Dig for gold Dig for fame You dig to make your name Are you pacified? All the wants you waste All the things you’ve chased Then it all crashes down […]
- Arch Enemy’s Michael Amott: “We’re Not Writing Pop Music Here”
In a recent interview with Duke TV, Arch Enemy mastermind Michael Amott explained why they always recording new albums. He said: “We’re not writing pop music here. We’re actually trying to ‘express,’ we’re not trying to impress. We’re not trying to get good chart positions and stuff like that is not something we’re really thinking […]