Today’s news and reviews for fans of Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and Hair Bands from PariahRocks.com and the ???? Hard, Heavy & Hair Show.
- CYNIC’s New Drummer MATT LYNCH: ‘Humanoid’ Playthrough Video
CYNIC’s new drummer Matt Lynch is featured in a playthrough video for the band’s recently released single “Humanoid”. Check it out below. Matt comments: “For me, ‘Humanoid’ is about branching out to new territory and embracing the process that follows. It’s the excitement of being given a new puzzle and figuring out where all the […]
- Stream Turnstile’s New Album Time & Space in Full
Is it hardcore, or is it metal? The post Stream Turnstile’s New Album Time & Space in Full appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Wintergatan Have a New Song!!!
Vince’s favorite band of the last five years has released a new track, sort of. The post Wintergatan Have a New Song!!! appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Ministry Release Eight-Minute-Long Song “Twilight Zone”
WHY DO THEY NEED TO PLAY THE SAME THING REPEATEDLY FOR SO FUCKING LONG?! The post Ministry Release Eight-Minute-Long Song “Twilight Zone” appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Here’s What If Rihanna Becomes New Vocalist Of Metallica
DJ Cummerbund has shared a video that showing how would it be if Rihanna becomes new singer of Metallica. Actually, this video is a mashup that featuring Metallica’s “Fuel” and Rihanna’s “Rude Boy”. You can watch the video from below.
- Alice In Chains announce two June 2018 shows
Alice In Chains have confirmed details of two headline shows for this summer.
- QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE Guitarist Selling California Home For $1.8 Million
According to Variety, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE’s Troy Van Leeuwen has put his Glendale, California house on the market for nearly $1.8 million. The guitarist purchased the Spanish Revival-style home in 2014 for a bit less than $1.4 million. The 2,921-square-foot, multi-level residence has three bedrooms and four bathrooms, with many of its original […]
- Courtney Love Posts Message for Kurt Cobain’s Birthday, Plus News on Andrew W.K., Greta Van Fleet + More
Plus news on an Andrew W.K. honor, Greta Van Fleet and Anvil tours, a new Gus G. album and more in Wire-to-Wire. Continue reading…
- Greta Van Fleet announce new North American tour dates including two in Canada
- Chelsea Grin Drop Off Motionless in White Tour Due to Vocalist’s ‘Declining Health’
Alex Koehler is now ‘under medical care’ for unspecified issues. Continue reading…
- Seven Metal YouTubers, One Song: Huge Collaboration!
Starring Jared Dines, Steve Terreberry, Sarah Longfield, Tyler Larson, Glenn Fricker, Adam Neely and Trey Xavier. The post Seven Metal YouTubers, One Song: Huge Collaboration! appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Coheed and Cambria + Taking Back Sunday Announce Summer 2018 U.S. Co-Headlining Tour
The two veteran bands will be taking out The Story So Far on their amphitheater run. Continue reading…
- TERROR UNIVERSAL: ‘Through The Mirrors’ Video
“Through The Mirrors”, the new slasher flick-inspired video from TERROR UNIVERSAL, the “horror metal” band featuring ILL NIÑO drummer Dave Chavarri (who also previously played with SOULFLY), can be seen below. The song is taken from TERROR UNIVERSAL’s full-length debut, “Make Them Bleed”, which was released on January 19 via Minus Head Records. The disc […]
- If Avenged Sevenfold Had Death Metal Drumming, They’d Sound Like This
It’s “Almost Easy” to imagine… The post If Avenged Sevenfold Had Death Metal Drumming, They’d Sound Like This appeared first on MetalSucks.
- BUMBLEFOOT Is ‘Frustrated’ By Web Sites Twisting His Words Around ‘To Make It Something That’s Inflammatory’
Sofa King Cool recenty conducted an interview with former GUNS N’ ROSES and current SONS OF APOLLO guitarist Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal. You can now watch the chat below. Asked if it “bothers” him that so many interviewers are fishing for clickbait quotes with their questions nowadays, Thal responded: “That frustrates everybody, yeah. Because, like this, […]
- IN FLAMES Guitarist NICLAS ENGELIN Wanted To to ‘Do Something Different’ With WE SELL THE DEAD
WE SELL THE DEAD, the new band featuring Niclas Engelin (IN FLAMES, ENGEL) on guitar, DRÖMRIKET’s Jonas Slättung on bass, Gas Lipstick (formerly of HIM) on drums and Apollo Papathanasio (SPIRITUAL BEGGARS, FIREWIND) on vocals, will release its debut album, “Heaven Doesn’t Want You And Hell Is Full”, on February 23 via earMUSIC. Engelin told […]
- Watch Stone Temple Pilots perform their first show with new singer Jeff Gutt
Footage of Stone Temple Pilots’ inaugural live show with new vocalist Jeff Gutt has premiered online.
- Ones To Watch: Aaron Buchanan & The Cult Classics
The next band to step into the limelight in our weekly Ones To Watch showcase of the hottest acts around are the incredible Aaron Buchanan & The Cult Classics.
- Completely Unreadable Band Logo of the Week: Win a Grab Bag of Metal Goodies!
Looks like the inside of my niece’s diaper. The post Completely Unreadable Band Logo of the Week: Win a Grab Bag of Metal Goodies! appeared first on MetalSucks.
- JUDAS PRIEST’s RICHIE FAULKNER Says ‘Firepower’ Is ‘A Forward-Thinking Album’
Lords Of Metal recently conducted an interview with JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Richie Faulkner. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below. Lords Of Metal: When did you start with the actual preparation and song writing for [the] new [JUDAS PRIEST] album, “Firepower”, and what was the game plan that you had? Richie: “Some of […]
- Tour Announcement: Primitive Man, Celeste, Infernal Coil, Wayfarer and Forn
The heaviest band in the world will embark on a string of very heavy dates. The post Tour Announcement: Primitive Man, Celeste, Infernal Coil, Wayfarer and Forn appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Video footage of Crashdïet playing acoustically with new singer Gabriel Keyes
- Listen To New DEMONICAL Song ‘A Void Most Obscure’
“A Void Most Obscure”, a new song from Swedish old-school death metal tyrants DEMONICAL, can be streamed below. The track is taken from the band’s fifth studio album, “Chaos Manifesto”, which will be released on March 23 in Europe and April 27 in North America via Agonia Records. DEMONICAL arose from the ashes of formerly […]
- ANTHRAX Bassist: ‘I Don’t Think SLAYER Will Ever Die’
ANTHRAX bassist Frank Bello says that SLAYER will never die, despite the fact that the Tom Araya-fronted outfit is retiring from the road. Last month, SLAYER, one of metal’s most popular and influential bands of the past four decades, announced its “final world tour” via a 30-second video. The group also confirmed that its last-ever […]
- Polyphia’s Grandmothers Star in Hard-Partying New Music Video “40oz”
A raging house party for the older generation! The post Polyphia’s Grandmothers Star in Hard-Partying New Music Video “40oz” appeared first on MetalSucks.
- ‘We salute you’: Rock world pays tribute to AC/DC’s Malcolm Young
The rock world has been paying tribute to AC/DC rhythm guitarist Malcolm Young who has died aged 64.
- Kenny Omega To Join Chris Jericho’s ‘Rock N Wrestling Rager at Sea’
The Fozzy frontman’s inaugural cruise just got a bit more dangerous. Continue reading…
- Video Premiere: STEEL PANTHER’s ‘Wrong Side Of The Tracks (Out In Beverly Hills)’
STEEL PANTHER’s video for the song “Wrong Side Of The Tracks (Out In Beverly Hills)” can be seen below. The track is taken from the band’s latest album, “Lower The Bar”, which was released in March 2017 via Kobalt Music Recordings. The disc was co-produced with regular collaborator Jay Ruston, and includes eleven songs recorded […]
- MAX CAVALERA Says He Fell Into ‘Total Depression’ For First Three Months After Leaving SEPULTURA
Max Cavalera (SOULFLY, SEPULTURA, CAVALERA CONSPIRACY) was interviewed on the latest episode of “Rock Talk With Mitch Lafon”. You can now listen to the chat below. Asked what it was like to leave SEPULTURA in 1996 after the release of what turned out to be one of the band’s most successful albums, “Roots”, Max said: […]
- Historical Figures and the Metal Musicians Who Could Play Them
Includes members of Black Sabbath, Machine Head, KISS, Clutch, The Dillinger Escape Plan, and more. The post Historical Figures and the Metal Musicians Who Could Play Them appeared first on MetalSucks.
- The Wild! Prove Why They’re the ‘Best in the West’ – Exclusive Video Premiere
If you love rock ‘n’ roll the way they used to make it, this video from The Wild! is for you. Continue reading…
- A Slightly More Nuanced, Moderately Less Angry Response to Phil Labonte’s Argument Against Stricter Gun Control Laws
Sorry not sorry. The post A Slightly More Nuanced, Moderately Less Angry Response to Phil Labonte’s Argument Against Stricter Gun Control Laws appeared first on MetalSucks.
- VEXES Feat. Former A LIFE ONCE LOST, FURY OF FIVE Members: ‘Decisions Are Death Here’ Video
“Decisions Are Death Here”, the new Bobby Bates-directed video from VEXES, can be seen below. The track is taken from the band’s debut full-length album, “Ancient Geometry”, which will be released on February 23. VEXES frontman Charlie Berezansky says: “It was 15 degrees in Paterson, New Jersey when we filmed this video. I was confident […]
- Metallica’s Lars Ulrich on Drumming: ‘I’ve Never Been Interested in Ability’
The caliber of Lars’ drumming has long been questioned, but he stressed he approaches drums from a different angle than just skill. Continue reading…
- WATCH: Foo Fighters and Guns N’ Roses dedicate AC/DC covers to Malcolm Young
Foo Fighters and Guns N’ Roses both performed live tributes in memory of late AC/DC legend Malcolm Young at shows over the weekend.
- WATCH: Figure skater in Angus Young jacket performs to AC/DC at Winter Olympics
One of the dizzying zeniths of the Winter Olympics, a Hungarian figure skater performed to AC/DC today (21st February).
- 10 Unforgettable Cliff Burton Moments
There are few metal musicians as universally beloved as late Metallica bassist Cliff Burton. Continue reading…
- ATHEIST Signs With AGONIA RECORDS; New Album Due This Year
Technical metal pioneers ATHEIST have signed a worldwide deal with Agonia Records. The band’s long-awaited follow-up to 2010’s critically acclaimed “Jupiter” album is tentatively due before the end of the year. ATHEIST co-founder and vocalist Kelly Shaefer commented: “2018 will mark our 30th year of making records. ATHEIST will embark on a very important album […]
- Former ACCEPT Singer DAVID REECE Says Current Frontman MARK TORNILLO Is ‘Pulling It Off Well’
Ex-ACCEPT singer David Reece says that “horns were flying” when he went to see his former band perform in Italy last month. The current SAINTED SINNERS vocalist was recruited for ACCEPT’s “Eat The Heat” album in 1989 following the departure of Udo Dirkschneider. Reece’s higher-pitched delivery was in sharp contrast to Dirkschneider’s distinctive style, and […]
- Heavy Montreal 2018 to Include Avenged Sevenfold, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, and More
The fest is back and better than ever. The post Heavy Montreal 2018 to Include Avenged Sevenfold, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, and More appeared first on MetalSucks.
- MEMORIAM Feat. BOLT THROWER And BENEDICTION Members: Third Trailer For ‘The Silent Vigil’ Album
The third trailer for “The Silent Vigil”, the second album from MEMORIAM, the Birmingham, United Kingdom-based death/grind metal band featuring Karl Willets (BOLT THROWER) on vocals, Frank Healy (BENEDICTION, CEREBRAL FIX) on bass, Scott Fairfax (CEREBRAL FIX) on guitar and Andy Whale (BOLT THROWER) on drums, can be seen below. Due on March 23 via […]
- KISS’s Paul Stanley blasts ‘pathetic’ Marilyn Manson for sharing Charles Manson cover
Paul Stanley has lambasted Marilyn Manson after the shock rocker posted his version of Charles Manson’s ‘Sick City’ to Twitter.
- Jester Smokebreak to release debut full-length album ‘Licensed Fools’ on March 8th
- Rivers of Nihil Knock Your Block Off with New Song “A Home”
This band is so good, if you don’t like them, I have to assume you’re a Russian bot. The post Rivers of Nihil Knock Your Block Off with New Song “A Home” appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Max Cavalera: “That Time, I Didn’t Wanna Play Music Anymore”
Former Sepultura frontman Max Cavalera spoke in an interview with “Rock Talk With Mitch Lafon” and described what he feels when he leave Sepultura. He said: “The first three months were a total depression. I didn’t wanna play music anymore; I was so disappointed about the whole thing. It’s like you work your whole life toward […]
- A Shitstain on the Ass of the Universe, #35: Lethal Injektion
I didn’t know MTV’s Return of the Rock was still a thing. The post A Shitstain on the Ass of the Universe, #35: Lethal Injektion appeared first on MetalSucks.
- METALLICA’s LARS ULRICH Discusses His ‘Unique’ Drumming Style: ‘I’ve Never Been Very Interested In Ability’
In a recent interview with Polar Music Prize, METALLICA’s Lars Ulrich was asked to describe his “totally unique way of playing drums.” He responded (see video below): “To me, it’s always about the song and the band first. And the drums, or the guitars, or whatever else is going on, is just part of the […]
- Video: Zakk Wylde Watches Fan Covers of Himself on YouTube
Zakk watches fan covers of his work with Ozzy, Pride & Glory and Black Label Society on YouTube and shares his reactions. The post Video: Zakk Wylde Watches Fan Covers of Himself on YouTube appeared first on MetalSucks.
- This is How Gibson Guitars Plans to Avoid Bankruptcy
The company will be refinancing its massive debt while paring down its holdings. The post This is How Gibson Guitars Plans to Avoid Bankruptcy appeared first on MetalSucks.