Today’s news and reviews for fans of Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and Hair Bands from PariahRocks.com and the ???? Hard, Heavy & Hair Show.
- Gabriella Quevedo – Nothing Else Matters (Metallica Cover)
At 16, Gabriella arranges most of her covers on her own, making this rendition of ‘Nothing Else Matters’ all of the more impressive.
- Steel Panther confirmed for Ramblin’ Man Fair 2018
Comedy-driven mock glam metallers Steel Panther have been added to the Ramblin’ Man Fair line-up.
- Keyboardist Tony Stahl joins SteelCity
- Mastodon Release Animated ‘Clandesitny’ Video
Colossal robot monsters and an evil emperor dominate the eerie, dystopian video. Continue reading…
- Reaction Video: Burn the Priest (Lamb of God) Covering Big Black’s “Kerosene”
The newly re-branding Lamb of God cover Big Black’s “Kerosene.” What do we think? The post Reaction Video: Burn the Priest (Lamb of God) Covering Big Black’s “Kerosene” appeared first on MetalSucks.
- THE PRETTY RECKLESS Singer Pays Tribute To Producer KATO KHANDWALA: ‘He Was Our Ringleader, Our Confidant, My Best Friend’
THE PRETTY RECKLESS singer Taylor Momsen has paid tribute to the band’s longtime producer Kato Khandwala, calling him “our ringleader” and “our confidant” and saying that “nothing will be the same without him.” Khandwala passed away Wednesday (April 25) from injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident. In addition to producing every single THE PRETTY RECKLESS […]
- Greystone Canyon release debut album ‘While The Wheels Still Turn’
- Def Leppard & Roger Daltrey for Teenage Cancer Trust at the Royal Albert Hall
Teenage Cancer Trust at the Royal Albert Hall organisers have announced their final headliners for 2018.
- Vanity Insanity release debut album ‘Piece Of the Cake’
- Zakk Wylde, Bumblefoot, George Lynch + More Star on ‘Disney Super Guitar’ Album
A slew of rock and metal guitarists teamed up to deliver metallic versions of classic songs from Disney films. Continue reading…
- Bad Reputation Records sign Aussie rockers Maverick who released debut album ‘Firewind’
- Dave Mustaine Crying For Being Kicked Out of Metallica
if you dont know Mustaine was kicked out of (not leaving) Metallica for drinking and drug problems. Then he attempted to beat metallica but he failed horribly. He keeps crying like a school girl
- OZZY OSBOURNE Kicks Off ‘No More Tours 2’ At WELCOME TO ROCKVILLE Festival (Video)
Ozzy Osbourne official kicked off his “No More Tours 2” Friday night (April 27) at the Welcome To Rockville festival in Jacksonville, Florida. He was joined at the gig by his longtime collaborators Zakk Wylde (guitar), Rob “Blasko” Nicholson (bass), Tommy Clufetos (drums) and Adam Wakeman (keyboards) The setlist for the concert was as follows: […]
- KISS frontman Paul Stanley states sustaining success over long haul is very challenging
- BAD WOLVES Perform Acoustic Cover Version Of THE CRANBERRIES’ ‘Zombie’ At 97.1 THE EAGLE Studio (Video)
Tommy Vext and Doc Coyle of BAD WOLVES performed an acoustic version of their band’s cover version of THE CRANBERRIES’ “Zombie” in the 97.1 The Eagle AT&T Thanks Sound Studio. Check out video footage of the performance below. Vext recently said that he and his bandmates were “overwhelmed” by the reaction to their rendition of […]
- GEOFF TATE Announces More ‘Operation: Mindcrime’ 30th-Anniversary Shows
In association with Glasgow-based Shock City Productions, ex-QUEENSRŸCHE frontman Geoff Tate has announced a return to U.K. stages this November with stops including Newcastle, Aberdeen, Evesham and Leeds. Up-and-coming band TILL DEATH DO US PART, featuring Geoff’s daughter Emily on vocals, has been announced as support for all the shows, a full list of which […]
- Bruce Dickinson: ‘Illegal downloading destroyed the concept of music having any value’
Iron Maiden singer Bruce Dickinson says that people need “to be educated about the fact that music has real value.”
- Metallica – Nothing Else Matters (MetOnTour – Barcelona, Spain – 2018)
Filmed at Palau Sant Jordi in Barcelona, Spain on February 7, 2018. © 2018 Blackened Recordings
- DAVE GROHL On DONALD TRUMP: ‘He Just Seems Like A Massive Jerk’
Dave Grohl says that he is “ashamed” of having Donald Trump as the U.S. leader, explaining that the billionaire real estate mogul “seems like a massive jerk.” The FOO FIGHTERS frontman offered his opinion of America’s 45th president during a wide-ranging interview with the British GQ magazine. Arguing that Trump’s policies do not promote economic […]
- JUDAS PRIEST’s ‘Firepower’ Album Was Written And Recorded Over Six-Month Period
JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford and guitarist Richie Faulkner were recently interviewed by the U.K.’s “The Sound Lab” radio show. You can now listen to the chat using the SoundCloud widget below (note: the interview begins around the 25-minute mark). A couple of excerpts follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET). On why “Firepower” was chosen as the […]
- TOM ARAYA’s Wife On SLAYER Calling It Quits: He ‘Never Second-Guesses Any Decision He Makes’
Tom Araya’s wife says that he has not questioned his decision to embark on one final SLAYER tour before the band calls it quits. Back in January, SLAYER, one of metal’s most popular and influential outfits of the past four decades, announced its farewell trek via a 30-second video. The group also confirmed that the […]
- Preview of Day One of M3 Rock Festival’s 2018 edition
- Cannafest 2018 in Western Canada to feature Gene Simmons Band, Whitesnake and Bret Michaels
- KISS Manager On Why He Believes Band Can Continue Without Original Members: This Isn’t ‘Dark Side Of The Moon’
Veteran talent manager Doc McGhee (KISS, MÖTLEY CRÜE, BON JOVI) was recently interviewed by Juliette Miranda of “The Unwritable Rant” podcast. The full conversation can be streamed below. A few excerpts follow (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): On his early days as a manager: Doc: “You start [by] learning what not to do. If you have […]
- Dave Grohl Slams Donald Trump: “American Dream Is Broken”
Foo Fighters mastermind Dave Grohl spoke in an intervie with British magazine GQ and explained his thoughts about Trump’s policies do not promote economic opportunity and mobility. He said that Trump just seems like a massive jerk. Here’s the statement: “The American Dream was still tangible, still desirable. Today, the American Dream is broken. I’ve […]
- Stone Sour’s Josh Rand absent from tour after checking into treatment centre
Stone Sour guitarist Josh Rand is absent from the band’s North American tour after checking into a treatment centre.
- KISS To Embark On ‘Major’ Tour In January: ‘This Will Be The Biggest Tour We’ve Done,’ Says PAUL STANLEY
KISS frontman Paul Stanley says that the band will embark on its “biggest tour” next year. “A major KISS tour, I would say, starts at the end of January,” he revealed during an appearance earlier today (Friday, April 27) on CNBC’s “Squawk Box” (see video below). “It hasn’t been announced yet, so don’t tell anybody,” […]
- OVERKILL To Release New Album In February 2019
Veteran New Jersey thrashers OVERKILL will enter the studio in the next few weeks to begin recording the follow-up to 2017’s “The Grinding Wheel” album. The disc will mark the band’s recording debut with drummer Jason Bittner (SHADOWS FALL, FLOTSAM AND JETSAM), who joined OVERKILL last year. Asked in a brand new interview with The […]
- Here’s Zakk Wylde Covering “Beauty and the Beast”
The new “Disney Super Guitar” covers album also features Paul Gilbert, Bumblefoot, George Lunch and others covering Disney classics. The post Here’s Zakk Wylde Covering “Beauty and the Beast” appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Dave Grohl: ‘The American Dream Is Broken,’ Trump a ‘Massive Jerk’
The Foo Fighters mainman offered his thoughts on the current state of America and his experiences from traveling around the world. Continue reading…
- Slash Surprises School of Rock Kids, Plus News on Sevendust, Anthrax + More
Plus new music from Sevendust, At the Gates, Zeal & Ardor and Chelsea Grin, touring news from Anthrax and more in Wire-to-Wire. Continue reading…
- JOHN CORABI Doesn’t Mind Being Best Known As MÖTLEY CRÜE’s Former Singer
John Corabi says that he doesn’t mind being constantly referred to as the former singer of MÖTLEY CRÜE, explaining that having that tag has allowed him to “continue doing new things.” Corabi joined CRÜE in 1992 as the replacement for the group’s original singer, Vince Neil, who was dismissed due to personal differences. With Corabi […]
- CANCER BATS Release Animated Video For ‘Gatekeeper’
Canadian hardcore metal punks CANCER BATS have just released an animated video for “Gatekeeper”. Directed by Stevie Gee and written by Gee and Essy May, who both worked on MASTODON’s “Steambreather”, the super-awesome ’80s-inspired animated short features motorbike-riding ghouls, a sorcerer and the CANCER BATS performing in a crystal ball. “‘Gatekeeper’ is one of the […]
- In This Moment Unleash ‘Black Wedding’ Video Featuring Rob Halford
Halford ironically plays a priest in the brooding clip, who oversees a dark wedding ceremony. Continue reading…
- METALLICA’s ROBERT TRUJILLO, KIRK HAMMETT Perform SPIDER MURPHY GANG’s ‘Skandal Im Sperrbezirk’ In Munich (Video)
Robert Trujillo and Kirk Hammett played a cover of “Skandal Im Sperrbezirk”, a song originally written and recorded by the German band SPIDER MURPHY GANG, during METALLICA’s April 26 concert in in Munich. Professionally filmed video footage of their performance can be seen below. METALLICA has played 18 shows in Europe since early February and […]
- Selfish Fish’s debut album ‘Justify Yourself Before The End’ available for streaming
- Mastodon Unleashed New Music Video: “Clandestiny”
American metal band Mastodon has shared a new music video for “Clandestiny”. The track taken from their latest album “Emperor of Sand” which came out on March 31, 2017.
- GENE SIMMONS Sexual Battery Lawsuit Has Already Been Dismissed, Says KISS Bassist/Vocalist
Gene Simmons says that a sexual battery lawsuit filed against him by a radio and television broadcaster has been dismissed. The woman, identified as “Jane Doe,” filed a lawsuit against Simmons in Los Angeles Superior Court on last December alleging that the KISS bassist/vocalist grabbed her hand multiple times and “forcefully placed it on his […]
- WSOU Picks of the Week: Pennywise, Skeletonwitch
Plus: Light the Torch, Amorphis and At the Gates top this week’s radio charts. The post WSOU Picks of the Week: Pennywise, Skeletonwitch appeared first on MetalSucks.
- EMPEROR’s IHSAHN Says New Solo Album Conveys ‘A Bit More Desolate Point Of View’
EMPEROR front man Ihsahn (real name: Vegard Sverre Tveitan) recently spoke with The Metal Tris about his forthcoming solo album, “Ámr”. The full conversation can be viewed below. A few excerpts follow (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): On “Ámr”: Ihsahn: “I guess for every album, I kind of create some kind of space for creative focus. […]
- Sister Switchblade in full writing / pre-production mode for sophomore album
- L.A. GUNS Frontman Hopes AC/DC Will Make New Studio Album With AXL ROSE
L.A. GUNS singer Phil Lewis says that he hopes AC/DC will make a new studio album with Axl Rose on vocals. Ever since AC/DC completed the tour cycle for its 2014 album “Rock Or Bust” nearly two years ago — a turbulent trek that weathered the forced retirement and eventual death of co-founder Malcolm Young, […]
- Tool Release New Demo, Mike Portnoy Throws Shade at Metallica, and More Stories You May Have Missed This Week
Also includes Dimmu Borgir, Periphery, Jared Dines, and more. The post Tool Release New Demo, Mike Portnoy Throws Shade at Metallica, and More Stories You May Have Missed This Week appeared first on MetalSucks.
- KAMELOT Tries To Make Its Albums Feel Like ‘An Adventure,’ Says TOMMY KAREVIK
KAMELOT vocalist Tommy Karevik was recently interviewed by The Psychosin Project. The full conversation can be streamed below. A few excerpts follow (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): On the reaction to the group’s new album, “The Shadow Theory”: Tommy: “It’s been really great. It’s been overwhelming, actually. You never know what the reception’s going to be […]
- Linkin Park’s Mike Shinoda Reveals New Track After Chester Bennington’s Death
Linkin Park singer Mike Shinoda has shared an new single track called “About You”. The track is the fourth release after the death of Chester Bennington. The track taken from his upcoming solo album “Post Traumatic”, due out on June 15. Shinoda stated: “It started in a really dark place. In the beginning, I wasn’t […]
- 2014 Nirvana ‘Reunion’ Featured on ‘Rock Hall In Concert’ Release
Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear were joined by Joan Jett, Lorde and others. Performances by Green Day and Tom Morello are available too. Continue reading…
- ICARUS WITCH Announces New Singer, Releases ‘Goodbye Cruel World’ Video
Pittsburgh-based traditional heavy metal outfit ICARUS WITCH has announced the addition of vocalist Andrew D’Cagna (BRIMSTONE COVEN, IRONFLAME) to the group’s ranks. The band has also released a music video for “Goodbye Cruel World”, the title track of its forthcoming studio album, due later this year via Cleopatra Records. “After working closely with Andrew in […]
- LION’S SHARE And ASTRAL DOORS singer NILS PATRIK JOHANSSON: ‘Evil Deluxe’ Lyric Video
LION’S SHARE and ASTRAL DOORS singer Nils Patrik Johansson has released the official lyric video of for “Evil Deluxe”, the title track of his debut solo album. The disc will be released on May 25 via the German label Metalville. “I have thought about a solo album for ten years, but then CIVIL WAR came […]
- CRUSH YOU: Rob Halford, I Love You and Your Goddamn Amazing Instagram Account
A paean to the legendary Metal God and his newly legendary Instagram account. The post CRUSH YOU: Rob Halford, I Love You and Your Goddamn Amazing Instagram Account appeared first on MetalSucks.