Portions of the interview aired on Hard, Heavy & Hair Show number 302 along with Chez Kane’s music and tons of other great Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and Hair Band music and information. Listen to the podcast version of that show and read the show notes here.
Video Interview: Chez Kane (singer)
Subscribe to Hard, Heavy & Hair on YouTube for more rock star interviews.
Podcast Audio Interview: Chez Kane (singer)[Apple iTunes] [Anchor] [Stitcher] [TuneIn] [Google Podcasts] [Podchaser] br>
Britain’s Chez Kane is an 80s Rock songstress who studied at the feet of Vixen and Pat Benatar, but who, through a terrible twist of fate, was frozen in her early 20s in a cryogenic sleep chamber for the last 35 years. In 2020 her long lost cryo tube was discovered, and Chez was defrosted and awoken by the lead singer of Crazy Lixx just in time to bring the world an album full of much needed hopeful, energetic, totally fun 80s Hard Rock.
Signed to Frontiers Music, Chez Kane is optimistic and effervescent about her debut solo album in this new era. Pariah Burke spoke to Chez, and the day after this interview, Chez Kane’s self-titled debut album charted in the UK. Two days after that, it landed on the Billboard Hard Music Albums and Top New Artist Albums charts in the U.S., proving that Rip Van Winkle 80s songstress Chez Kane and songwriter Danny Rexon have tapped into a universal desire for fun, light 80s Hard Rock.
Chez and Pariah talk about:
- Why the world needs Chez Kane’s music right now
- The song that made Chez fall in love with her solo album
- How to pronounce her name correctly
- Dealing with Internet trolls
- That saxophone scene in the Lost Boys
- Being discovered on YouTube
- Will she pull a Michael Jackson and leave her family band Kane’d?
- Meeting Joe Elliott of Def Leppard
- Chez Kane’s social media: