Today’s news and reviews for fans of Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and Hair Bands from PariahRocks.com and the 🤘 Hard, Heavy & Hair Show.
- Loudness release video for “Soul On Fire”
- AVENGED SEVENFOLD Singer Says Attending GRAMMY AWARDS Would Be ‘Waste Of Time And Money’
AVENGED SEVENFOLD singer M. Shadows says that attending this year’s Grammy Awards would be a “waste of time and money” for him and his bandmates, despite the fact that they are nominated in the “Best Rock Song” category. AVENGED SEVENFOLD received its first-ever Grammy nomination this year for the song “The Stage”, the title track […]
- PHILIP ANSELMO To Undergo Another Back Surgery Next Week: ‘I’ll Be A New Man,’ He Says
Philip Anselmo says that he will undergo back surgery next week — the latest in a line of corrective procedures designed to helped him deal with the damage to his back, neck, and knees sustained over two decades of touring. “I’m going under the knife next Wednesday [January 31],” the former PANTERA frontman tells Jack […]
- Gary Holt Reveals A Sad News For Slayer Fans
Slayer guitarist Gary Holt spoke in an interview with The Metal Voice and revealed his thoughts about possibility of new Slayer album before their final tour. He said: “No. No, there’s no new album. I’d say it’s a no. But my name is Gary ‘No Comment’ Holt today. I don’t know nothing. You’ve seen the […]
- Gary Holt Says ‘There’s No New Album’ in Slayer’s Future
The guitarist had been compiling ideas for a while, but it looks like they won’t be featured on a Slayer album. Continue reading…
- AMORPHIS Working On New Album
Finnish melancholic progressive metallers AMORPHIS have entered the studio to begin recording their new album, due later in the year via Nuclear Blast. According to a press release, “the pre-production process is already done and most of the recordings have been finished. But this time, the band didn’t rush at all and took their time […]
- Dimmu Borgir Unveil Title, Artwork and Release Date of Their First Studio Album in Over 7 Years
“Time is an illusion, bruh.” The post Dimmu Borgir Unveil Title, Artwork and Release Date of Their First Studio Album in Over 7 Years appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Watch professionally shot footage of Robert Plant performing at Manchester O2 Apollo
Robert Plant has shared footage of his rendition of ‘Season’s Song’ on his recent sold out UK tour.
- Mike Shinoda: Linkin Park Have ‘Every Intention on Continuing’
While there’s no concrete plans how to move forward, Mike Shinoda has cleared up some of the doubt surrounding the group’s future. Continue reading…
- MINISTRY: Lyric Video For ‘Wargasm’ Song From ‘AmeriKKKant’ Album
The official lyric video for the song “Wargasm” from industrial metal veterans MINISTRY can be seen below. The track is taken from the band’s new album, “AmeriKKKant”, which will be released on March 9 via Nuclear Blast Records. The disc will feature guest appearances by DJ Swamp (Beck), Burton C. Bell (FEAR FACTORY), Arabian Prince […]
- Cloudkicker’s New Song “Not to Scale or Painted” Was Written and Recorded in 9.5 Hours
It the one-man instrumental project’s first new song in more than two years. The post Cloudkicker’s New Song “Not to Scale or Painted” Was Written and Recorded in 9.5 Hours appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Thirty Seconds to Mars Have a ‘Dangerous Night’ on ‘Colbert’
Their performance featured an automatic camera robot, a bitcoin miner, and Stephen Colbert dancing it up. Continue reading…
- Watch Lyric Video For TESLA Guitarist FRANK HANNON’s Cover Of THE CHURCH’s ‘Under The Milky Way’
TESLA guitarist Frank Hannon is in the process of releasing “From One Place… To Another”, a series of albums comprised of cover songs. The first of three albums to be issued in 2018, “From One Place… To Another Vol. 1”, has just been made available. The disc features special guest appearances by Paul Jackson (BLACKBERRY […]
- BREAKING BENJAMIN’s ‘Ember’ Gets Official Release Date; Listen To New Song ‘Feed The Wolf’
BREAKING BENJAMIN will release its sixth studio album, “Ember”, on April 13 via Hollywood Records. Speaking about the disc, BREAKING BENJAMIN founder/frontman Ben Burnley noted: “People have always really liked the heavier side of the band. I think that’s what they sort of gravitate towards. But we also make sure to explore our melodic and […]
- Mobile phones banned at two London Eventim Apollo gigs
Mobile phones have been banned at two upcoming London Eventim Apollo gigs so fans can enjoy a “100% human experience.”
- Jack White Unleashes ‘Corporation,’ Books Bunbury Fest, Plus News on Brent Hinds, Cattle Decapitation + More
Learn what’s new with Quicksand, The Vile Assembly and more in Wire to Wire. Continue reading…
- AURI Feat. NIGHTWISH’s TUOMAS HOLOPAINEN, TROY DONOCKLEY: Debut Album Due In March
AURI, the project featuring NIGHTWISH mainman/keyboardist Tuomas Holopainen and his wife, popular Finnish singer Johanna Kurkela, will release its self-titled debut album on March 23 via Nuclear Blast. The disc’s first digital single, for the song “Night 13”, is now available. “Auri” track listing: 01. The Space Between 02. I Hope Your World Is Kind […]
- Doom: The Most Metal Game You’ve Ever Played
Big Fucking Guns. The post Doom: The Most Metal Game You’ve Ever Played appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Raise Your Hands and Pledge Metal Allegiance in Anaheim [Photos]
Some of metal’s finest were on hand to celebrate the genre with a night of killer music at Metal Allegiance’s annual NAMM weekend show. Continue reading…
- Billy Sheehan reiterates that David Lee Roth’s solo band willing to do reunion if singer wants to do it
- Weekly Wire: Your New Music Playlist Featuring Machine Head, Mike Shinoda + More
Hear the best songs of the week from Mike Shinoda, New Years Day, Marmozets, Three Days Grace and more. Continue reading…
- Ministry Fail to Give Me or Anybody a “Wargasm”
Featuring Fear Factory’s Burton Seabell. The post Ministry Fail to Give Me or Anybody a “Wargasm” appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Bassist Derek Engemann Leaves Cattle Decapitation
To answer your first question, yes, it is amicable. The post Bassist Derek Engemann Leaves Cattle Decapitation appeared first on MetalSucks.
- THE SWORD To Release ‘Used Future’ Album In March; Listen To First Single ‘Deadly Nightshade’
Austin, Texas metal luminaries THE SWORD will release their sixth studio album, “Used Future”, on March 23. The disc was recorded in Portland, Oregon with producer Tucker Martine (MY MORNING JACKET, THE DECEMBERISTS, FIRST AID KIT). Pre-order begins today with multiple bundles available from both link textthe band’s webstore and the label’s store. This includes […]
- Video: Dude Instantly Becomes the Most Popular Guy at a Converge Show
What a maroon. The post Video: Dude Instantly Becomes the Most Popular Guy at a Converge Show appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Dani Filth Criticized Metallica For A Surprising Reason: “I’m Big Fan But…”
Cradle of Filth frontman Dani Filth spoke in an interview with Met Al Metal and explained that which one he prefer, Metallica or Megadeth. During this conversation, he criticized Metallica. He said: “I liked early Megadeth. I lost track of Megadeth during the ’90s. Metallica, yeah, I’m a big fan, but, again – lost track. […]
- W.A.S.P. Releases ‘Chainsaw Charlie’ Video From ‘ReIdolized (The Soundtrack To The Crimson Idol)’
In December 2017, W.A.S.P. successfully completed its “ReIdolized” tour supporting the 25th anniversary of the band’s iconic hit album “The Crimson Idol”. The legendary story of Jonathan Aaron Steele will finally be released in a re-recorded version and of the album with the four “missing” songs — as originally intended — together with “The Crimson […]
- Albums That Will #$@&%*! Your Face Off in 2018: AngelMaker, TBD
IT HAS FUCKING SLAMS. The post Albums That Will #$@&%*! Your Face Off in 2018: AngelMaker, TBD appeared first on MetalSucks.
- DELTA DEEP Feat. DEF LEPPARD, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Members: ‘Whiskey’ Performance Video
DELTA DEEP, the critically acclaimed blues-based band featuring Phil Collen (lead guitarist of DEF LEPPARD) and Robert DeLeo (bassist for STONE TEMPLE PILOTS), in addition to Debbi Blackwell-Cook (back-up vocalist for such artists as Michael Bublé and Gregory Hines) and Forrest Robinson (drummer for India.Arie, Joe Sample & THE CRUSADERS, TLC), has just released a […]
- Anvil’s ‘Lips’ Pounds the Pavement, Remembers Lemmy + Doesn’t Want Fake News
Anvil’s leader stays true to his character in our interview. Continue reading…
- Ex-QUIET RIOT Singer On FRANKIE BANALI: ‘He Was Cold, He Was Ruthless, He Was Just Absolutely A Nightmare To Work With’
Seann Nicols has once again slammed Frankie Banali, saying that the QUIET RIOT drummer has a “terrible personality” and is impossible to work with. Nicols was with QUIET RIOT for just a few months, but long enough to record the vocals for an early version of the band’s latest album, “Road Rage”. QUIET RIOT has […]
- Monster Magnet Fuck Minds with New Song “Mindfucker”
Having your head fucked with has never been this much fun. The post Monster Magnet Fuck Minds with New Song “Mindfucker” appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Slayer Announce Farewell Tour, Critics Love Lords of Chaos, and More Stories You May Have Missed This Week
Also includes Slipknot, Ghoul, Mötley Crüe, and more. The post Slayer Announce Farewell Tour, Critics Love Lords of Chaos, and More Stories You May Have Missed This Week appeared first on MetalSucks.
- BULLET To Release ‘Dust To Gold’ Album In April
Swedish metallers BULLET will release their new album, “Dust To Gold”, on April 20 via Steamhammer/SPV. If you want to understand how BULLET works, you only have to take one look at the ancient tour bus that the five musicians have been conquering the world with for years. The black, white and red 1964 Volvo […]
- Cell Phones at Concerts: To Ban or Not to Ban?
Should artists ban cell phones at shows? Does it take away from your enjoyment? Our writers have their say here. Continue reading…
- Machine Head, ‘Catharsis’ – Album Review
Machine Head have released some groundbreaking and influential albums in their long career. Their 1994 debut Burn My Eyes hit the scene like a ton of bricks, and 2007’s The Blackening is a classic… Continue reading…
- Tribulation’s Vampiric Metal on the Rise With ‘Down Below’ – Album Review
Tribulation found their sticking point on their fourth album. Continue reading…
- Here’s What the Critics Are Saying About Lords of Chaos
Short version: CERTIFIED FRESH! The post Here’s What the Critics Are Saying About Lords of Chaos appeared first on MetalSucks.
- THE RASMUS Releases Video For New Single ‘Nothing’
Finnish alt-rockers THE RASMUS have released a Eero Heinonen-directed music video for their new single, “Nothing”. The clip was shot in Berlin, Cologne, Vienna, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo and Osaka in November 2017. “Nothing” is taken from THE RASMUS’s latest album, “Dark Matters”, which was released October 6 via Playground Music Scandinavia. The disc was produced […]
- Machine Head Unveil ‘Volatile’ New Song, Plus News on Thirty Seconds to Mars, Ice-T + More
Listen to Machine Head’s crushing new track, new music from Thirty Seconds to Mars, see Ice-T generate laughs on The Tonight Show + more in Wire-to-Wire. Continue reading…
- Will There Be A New SLAYER Studio Album? ‘I’d Say It’s A No,’ Says GARY HOLT
Jimmy Kay of Canada’s The Metal Voice conducted an interview with SLAYER and EXODUS guitarist Gary Holt at last night’s (Wednesday, January 24) Hall Of Heavy Metal History awards gala and induction ceremony in Anaheim, California. You can now watch the chat below. When asked about SLAYER’s announcement that it was embarking on its “final” […]
- Grammy Watch: Who Should Win Best Metal Performance
This year, the Grammys finally got the metal category right. So, who should win? Loudwire’s writers weigh in. Continue reading…
- Dave Grohl Reveals Mind-Blowing Story About Pantera’s Strip Club
In a recent interview made by Triple M, Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl told a mind-blowing story about Pantera’s strip club. He said: “So we make friends with Pantera – and they’re just all about whiskey and boobs – they give us their card, they have their own strip club; it’s called the Clubhouse, it’s […]
- DESTRUCTION Drummer VAAVER Explains His Decision To Leave
Longtime DESTRUCTION drummer Wawrzyniec “Vaaver” Dramowicz has commented on his decision to leave the band at the end of March due to family reasons. He says in a statement: “It is never easy to make hard decisions. It is time for me to part ways with DESTRUCTION — the band that has hosted me for […]
- Let Ministry + Fear Factory’s Burton C. Bell Build You Up to ‘Wargasm’
Burton C. Bell of Fear Factory puts on clown makeup and recites the song’s spoken-word parts into the camera. Continue reading…
- Korn’s Jonathan Davis Previews Solo Album With ‘What It Is’ Video
Korn’s frontman has been working on his solo debut for 10 years and now fans finally have an idea of what he’s been up to. Continue reading…
- Albums That Will #$@&%*! Your Face Off in 2018: Vile Creature, Cast of Static and Smoke
A gorgeous corpse flower of doom. The post Albums That Will #$@&%*! Your Face Off in 2018: Vile Creature, Cast of Static and Smoke appeared first on MetalSucks.
- ANTHRAX Guitarist On JUDAS PRIEST Getting Snubbed By ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME: ‘It Means Nothing To Me’
ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian isn’t bothered by the fact that heavy metal gets little to no respect from the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. Even though artists are eligible for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame 25 years after the release of their first album or single, iconic hard rock and metal bands […]
- KORN Frontman Releases Music Video For ‘What It Is’ Solo Single
KORN frontman Jonathan Davis has released the official video for his new single, titled “What It Is”. The song will be included on the soundtrack to a new film called “American Satan”, out January 26, and head to radio four days later, on January 30. Davis has also been preparing a new solo album that […]