Today’s news and reviews for fans of Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and Hair Bands from PariahRocks.com and the 🤘 Hard, Heavy & Hair Show.
- Geezer Butler doubtful Black Sabbath will play one-off reunion show
Black Sabbath bassist Geezer Butler says it’s “not very likely at all” the heavy metal overlords will reunite once again.
- Iron Maiden launch new Light Brigade beer supporting Help For Heroes
Iron Maiden have joined forces with Help For Heroes and Robinsons Brewery to launch a new beer called Light Brigade.
- Man Arrested For Stealing KISS Memorabilia
According to The Dallas Morning News, a 50-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly stealing an extensive collection of KISS memorabilia from a storage unit in West Texas. The owner of the collection contacted police late last month after discovering his collection of KISS shirts, records, action figures and magazines, which was acquired over 40 […]
- ICED EARTH’s JON SCHAFFER Defends Decision To Re-Record Early Albums
ICED EARTH guitarist and leader Jon Schaffer was recently interviewed by “Pod Cast In Stone”. You can now watch the lengthy chat in three parts below. A few excerpts follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET). On his recent revelation that ICED EARTH was going to be re-recording some of its early albums with the band’s current lineup: […]
- Queen to be honoured with Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award
Queen are among the artists who will receive a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Grammys later this month.
- Former ALL ENDS Singer EMMA GELOTTE Resurfaces In THE AWARE; Debut EP Out Now
Former ALL ENDS singer Emma Gelotte — sister of IN FLAMES guitarist Björn Gelotte — has joined forces with guitarist Ulf Larsson in a new project called THE AWARE. THE AWARE has just released its debut EP, “Alive”, via iTunes. The track listing for the effort is as follows: 01. Alive 02. Not Worthy 03. […]
- POISON’s RIKKI ROCKETT Shares Video Footage From Recent Recording Session With CINDERELLA’s FRED COURY
POISON drummer Rikki Rockett has uploaded the first episode of his video blog, featuring footage from a recent recording session produced by CINDERELLA drummer Fred Coury. You can watch it below. POISON’s reunited original lineup — Rockett, Bret Michaels, Bobby Dall and C.C. DeVille — completed a North American tour with DEF LEPPARD last summer. […]
- The First Completely Unreadable Band Logo of 2018! Win a Grab Bag of Metal Goodies!!!
It’s back, and less readable than ever! The post The First Completely Unreadable Band Logo of 2018! Win a Grab Bag of Metal Goodies!!! appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Geezer Butler to Be Honored in Birmingham, Plus News on Jack White, Record Store Day + More
Get news on a special Geezer Butler honor, hear two new Jack White songs, learn about Record Store Day 2018 and more in Wire-to-Wire. Continue reading…
- White Wizzard Shift Gears Into ‘Infernal Overdrive’ as Traditional Metal’s Flag Carriers
It’s good to have Wyatt ‘Screaming Demon’ Anderson back in White Wizzard. Continue reading…
- Croatia’s ANIMAL DRIVE Releases ‘Time Machine’ Lyric Video
The official lyric video for the song “Time Machine” from Croatia’s ANIMAL DRIVE can be seen below. The track is taken from the band’s debut album, “Bite!”, which will be released on February 23 via Frontiers Music Srl. ANIMAL DRIVE is a young and driven hard rock act founded in Zagreb, Croatia in 2012 by […]
- Female Musicians Reveal How Lita Ford Inspired Them to Rock and ‘Not Give a F–k’
Everyone had something inspiring to say about Lita Ford, whether it was Lzzy Hale, Ash Costello, Alecia Demner, Emma Anzai, Carla Harvey or Heidi Shepherd. Continue reading…
- MINISTRY’s AL JOURGENSEN On Sexual Harassment Claims: ‘It’s Well Overdue That This Has Happened’
In the latest interview clip from Nuclear Blast, MINISTRY mainman Al Jourgensen talks about the recent sexual harassment claims in the media. Like former U.S. senator Al Franken, Jourgensen admits he’s done things that he’s not proud of. “But you grow, you learn, you listen,” he says. Jourgensen has taken an objective look at some […]
- A new genre? — The Lethal Idols describe their sound as “neo-sleaze”
- Kittie Announce Release for ‘Origins / Evolutions’ Documentary
Kittie’s career-spanning film will be arriving this March with some music as well. Continue reading…
- TERROR Working On Eighth Studio Album
Long-running Los Angeles hardcore powerhouse TERROR has inked a deal with Nuclear Blast for Europe and Pure Noise in the rest of the world. The band is currently working on its eighth studio album, tentatively due this summer. Commented TERROR vocalist and mainman Scott Vogel: “We are super excited to start a new chapter of […]
- Swedish Death Metallers LIK Sign With METAL BLADE RECORDS
Swedish death metallers LIK (“corpse” in Swedish) have inked a deal with Metal Blade. The band’s new album will be released in May. LIK comments: “The huge impact Metal Blade has had on the scene is something you can’t overlook, and being a part of this family is a ‘pinch yourself to see if you’re […]
- Get Decimated by Mendacium’s Decimating Titans
RIYL Immortal, Emperor, Behemoth, etc. The post Get Decimated by Mendacium’s Decimating Titans appeared first on MetalSucks.
- METALLICA’s LARS ULRICH Loved Punk’s ‘Attitude,’ But Didn’t Feel A Kinship With Its ‘Musicality’
On January 19, MetalRock Films will release part one of a new two-part “Inside Metal” documentary DVD series titled “The Rise Of L.A. Thrash Metal”. Directed by Bob Nalbandian with narration by David Ellefson of MEGADETH, the documentary focuses on the Los Angeles thrash metal uprising of the early/mid-’80s and acts as a follow-up to […]
- JOE PERRY To Be Joined By CHEAP TRICK, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, EXTREME Members At Los Angeles Concert
Joe Perry — legendary guitarist, co-founding member, principal songwriter and co-producer of AEROSMITH — has assembled an all-star band to perform alongside him at the sold-out record release show Tuesday, January 16 at The Roxy Theatre in West Hollywood, California. The show comes three days before the release of his “Sweetzerland Manifesto” album. “Sweetzerland Manifesto” […]
- IRON MAIDEN Launches LIGHT BRIGADE, A Unique Golden English Ale, In The U.K.
British rock legends IRON MAIDEN and independent family brewers Robinsons announce the creation of Light Brigade, a unique golden English ale with a 4.1% ABV. Available in the U.K., Light Brigade has been developed in support of Help For Heroes, the British charity that provides recovery and support for the armed forces community whose lives […]
- PHILIP ANSELMO: ‘When People Throw Around The Word ‘Racist,’ I Don’t Take That Lightly’
Philip Anselmo spoke to Metal Insider about his relationship with the press, two years after he was publicly chastised by the media for giving the right-arm salute and yelling a white-supremacist slogan at a California concert. “The media in general is ridiculous politically, depending on which channel you have on,” he said. “Both sides are […]
- WHITE WIZZARD: ‘Infernal Overdrive’ Lyric Video Released
This Friday, January 12 marks the release of the new album from WHITE WIZZARD. Today the lyric video to the disc’s title track, “Infernal Overdrive”, has been released and can be viewed below. Fans have long anticipated the return full-length from traditional metal heroes WHITE WIZZARD, who revamped their lineup last year to include the […]
- Jason Newsted Reveals Unexpected Statement About Metallica And Art
Former Metallica bassist Jason Newsted began painting in 2005. He recently set up shop to showcase his artwork, “Rawk – The Art of Jason Newsted”, at the Cultural Council in Lake Worth, Florida. He spoke in a recent interview and revealed his thoughts about metal crowd and art crowd: “Right now, as I’m starting this, it’s pretty new and […]
- VEXES Feat. Former A LIFE ONCE LOST, FURY OF FIVE Members: Listen To ‘Helion’ Song
“Helion”, a new song from VEXES, can be streamed below. The track is taken from the band’s debut full-length album, “Ancient Geometry”, which will be released on February 23. VEXES guitarist John Klagholz said: “‘Helion’ was the first song we wrote together as a band, and basically encompasses everything that we want to hear in […]
- Ones To Watch: Fragile Things
The first band we’re shining the spotlight on in 2018 are Bristol-based rock powerhouses Fragile Things.
- Zakk Wylde Suffering from “Severe Illness”; Black Label Society Postpone Four Shows
Get well soon, Zakk. The post Zakk Wylde Suffering from “Severe Illness”; Black Label Society Postpone Four Shows appeared first on MetalSucks.
- MYSTIC PROPHECY Releases Animated Video For Cover Version Of MIKE OLDFIELD’s ‘Shadow On The Wall’
The official animated video for MYSTIC PROPHECY’s cover version of MIKE OLDFIELD’s “Shadow On The Wall” can be streamed below. The track is taken from the German metallers’ covers album, “Monuments Uncovered”, which will be released on January 12 via Massacre Records. Singer Roberto Dimitri Liapakis comments: “This album is like a love letter to […]
- MEGADETH Will Take All The Time It Needs To Make Great Follow-Up To ‘Dystopia’
MEGADETH bassist David Ellefson was interviewed on the latest episode of the “Rock Talk With Mitch Lafon” podcast. You can now watch the chat in the YouTube clip below. Asked about the timeline for MEGADETH’s follow-up to 2016’s “Dystopia” album, Ellefson said: “Well, we’ve talked about that. And it’s funny because, I think, for us… […]
- Listen To New PESTILENCE Song ‘Non Physical Existent’
“Non Physical Existent”, a brand new song from reactivated Dutch death metal veterans PESTILENCE, can be streamed below. The track is taken from the band’s upcoming album, “Hadeon”, which is slated for a March 9 release via Hammerheart. The new “Hadeon” cover artwork was created by Michal “Xaay” Loranc (BEHEMOTH, NILE, EVOCATION, VADER, NECROPHAGIST), a […]
- Listen: Wake’s “Embers” Will Grind You to Mush
Happy New Year, jackass. The post Listen: Wake’s “Embers” Will Grind You to Mush appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Video Premiere: FIREWIND’s ‘We Defy’
“We Defy”, the new video from FIREWIND, can be seen below. The clip was filmed, directed and edited by Panagiotis Kountouras. “We Defy” is taken from FIREWIND’s eighth studio album, “Immortals”, which was released on January 20, 2017 via the band’s longtime label partner Century Media Records in Europe. The disc marks the first time […]
- Metal Goes to the Movies: Awards Season 2018
Includes Black Sabbath, Mastodon, Municipal Waste, Nevermore, and others. The post Metal Goes to the Movies: Awards Season 2018 appeared first on MetalSucks.
- The Internet’s Funniest Cannibal Corpse Memes
‘I didn’t sell my soul to the devil… I sold my neck.’ Continue reading…
- QUEEN To Receive GRAMMY Lifetime Achievement Award
QUEEN is among the artists who will receive the Recording Academy’s Lifetime Achievement Award in 2018. This year’s honorees — a list which also includes drummer Hal Blaine, Neil Diamond, Emmylou Harris, THE METERS, bandleader Louis Jordan, and Tina Turner — will be celebrated at a ceremony and concert set to take place this summer. […]
- ALL HELL’S BREAKIN’ LOOSE … Man accused of stealing Kiss memorabilia from Texas storage unit arrested
ALL HELL’S BREAKIN’ LOOSE Man accused of stealing Kiss memorabilia from Texas storage unit arrested DALLAS, Texas – A 50-year-old man is accused of stealing an extensive collection of Kiss memorabilia — and one Star Wars action figure — from a storage unit, San Angelo police said. The victim called police Dec. 29 after discovering his […]
- SKINLAB Rejoined By Guitarist STEVE ‘SNAKE’ GREEN
Reactivated San Francisco Bay Area metallers SKINLAB have announced the return of guitarist Steve Green, best known to fans as Snake. The news comes ahead of the band’s first live activities of 2018, the “Brothers In Blood Tour”, also featuring PISSING RAZORS and SHATTERED SUN. “We are very excited to announce that our brother Snake […]
- Machine Head’s Robb Flynn: How Trump + Charlottesville Influenced ‘Catharsis’
Machine Head’s frontman reveals that Trump’s election and the death of Heather Heyer in Charlottesville inspired new tracks on the band’s new album. Continue reading…
- BLACK LABEL SOCIETY Cancels Two More Shows Due To ZAKK WYLDE’s ‘Severe Illness’
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY has postponed two more concerts due to frontman Zakk Wylde suffering from “severe illness.” In addition to the previously scrapped Montreal (January 8) and Toronto (January 9) shows, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY has now called off tomorrow’s (January 10) gig in Grand Rapids and the January 12 concert in Oklahoma City. New dates […]
- Shiraz Lane release video for new song “People Like Us”
- WE SELL THE DEAD Feat. IN FLAMES, Ex-HIM, FIREWIND Members: ‘Turn It Over’ Video Released
The official music video for the song “Turn It Over” from WE SELL THE DEAD can be seen below. The track is taken from the band’s debut album, “Heaven Doesn’t Want You And Hell Is Full”, which will be released on February 23 via earMUSIC. Revolving around Niclas Engelin (IN FLAMES, ENGEL), DRÖMRIKET’s Jonas Slättung, […]
- Pink Floyd’s Nick Mason hits Parliament to support bill protecting live music venues
Nick Mason descended upon Parliament today alongside fellow musicians, politicians and eminent music industry figures to lend his support to a new bill.
- Foo Fighters to Make First Brit Awards Performance at 2018 Ceremony
Surprisingly, the four-time Brit Award winners have not yet performed at the ceremony. Continue reading…
- Puddle of Mudd’s Wes Scantlin in Rehab
It’s about time! The post Puddle of Mudd’s Wes Scantlin in Rehab appeared first on MetalSucks.
- JOHN CORABI’s Live Album, DVD Of His Performance Of MÖTLEY CRÜE’s Entire 1994 Album To Arrive In February
Former MÖTLEY CRÜE singer John Corabi will release a live album and DVD of his performance of the band’s entire 1994 self-titled album, recorded on October 27, 2015 in Nashville, Tennessee. Due on Friday, February 16 via Rat Pak Records, “Live ’94: One Night In Nashville” documents the album in its entirety along with the […]
- POWER TRIP Announces North American Tour; BLABBERMOUTH.NET Presale Available
POWER TRIP and SHEER MAG will team up this May/June for what is sure to be a wild and unforgettable run through North America — rounding out an impressive year for both bands. POWER TRIP’s breakthrough album, “Nightmare Logic”, earned an overwhelming amount of love across the board, ranging in praise from the New Yorker […]
- John Corabi’s Mötley Crüe ‘Live ’94 (One Night In Nashville)’ album to be released on Feb. 16th
- Megadeth Will Take as Long as Necessary for ‘Dystopia’ Follow Up
In a new interview, bassist Danny Ellefson speaks on where the band’s mindset is when it comes to their next album. Continue reading…
- Ministry’s Al Jourgensen on Rise in Sexual Harassment Awareness: ‘I Think It’s Long Overdue That This Has Happened’
The always outspoken rocker shares his thoughts on sexual harassment and how the recent prominence of the topic may change society. Continue reading…