Portions of the interview aired on Hard, Heavy & Hair Show number 303 along with Robin McAuley’s music and tons of other great Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and Hair Band music and information. Listen to the podcast version of that show and read the show notes here.
Video Interview: Robin McAuley (McAuley Schenker Group, Black Swan, Raiding the Rock Vault)
Podcast Audio Interview: Robin McAuley[Apple iTunes] [Anchor] [Stitcher] [TuneIn] [Google Podcasts] [Podchaser] br>
Robin McAuley (McAuley Schenker Group, Black Swan, Survivor, Raiding the Rock Vault) is one of the best Hard Rock and Metal vocalists ever to have stepped behind a microphone. If you were listening to Hard Rock in the 80s, you probably know Robin best as the voice of the McAuley Schenker Group, MSG, with his frequent partner, guitarist Michael Schenker. Younger fans of the genre may only know Robin McAuley from his more recent work fronting the supergroup Black Swan with Reb Beach, Jeff Pilson, and Matt Star, or as one of many vocalists in the star-studded, long-running Las Vegas jukebox mega concert, Raiding the Rock Vault.
Pariah Burke recently spoke with Robin about Raiding the Rock Vault, the status of the second Black Swan album Reb Beach had recently told Pariah was being written, Robin’s advice to new singers, Robin’s brand new solo album, Standing on the Edge—his first in more than 20 years–and more!
- New solo album Standing on the Edge
- The first song he wrote for his wife of 28 years
- Advice to singers who want a long career
- Why Robin sings better now than he did with MSG or Grand Prix in the 80s
- The real hero in Robin’s life
- Black Swan’s debut album Shake the World
- Writing the second Black Swan album with Reb Beach, Jeff Pilson, and Matt Starr
- Playing 1,500 shows with Raid the Rock Vault