Today’s news and reviews for fans of Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and Hair Bands from PariahRocks.com and the 🤘 Hard, Heavy & Hair Show.
- DEATH: Deluxe Anniversary Vinyl Reissues Due In July
Relapse Records has announced three deluxe, anniversary vinyl reissues of DEATH’s legendary albums “Leprosy” (30 years), “Individual Thought Patterns” (25 years) and “The Sound Of Perseverance” (20 years). DEATH’s anniversary vinyl will be released in stores and online on July 20 and will contain expanded, gatefold packaging and bonus LPs of extra content previously only […]
- The Mysterious BANDANA of James Hetfield Fom Metallica
Ever wondered why James Hetfield puts a black bandana in back pocket? In this video, I debunk a couple of theories about this and tell you what’s the bandana’s real meaning! Specially for Metallica fans \m/
- Listen To New NINE INCH NAILS Song ‘God Break Down The Door’
NINE INCH NAILS will release a new EP, “Bad Witch”, on June 22. The six-track release is billed as the final installment of a trilogy, following 2016’s “Not The Actual Events” and 2017’s “Add Violence”. The first single from “Bad Witch”, track called “God Break Down The Door”, can be streamed below. In an interview […]
- Megadeth’s Dave Mustaine Performs Acoustically Outside Argentinian Hotel
When word spread that Dave Mustaine was in town, headbangers congregated outside his hotel and he performed a short set for them. Continue reading…
- Dew-Scented Smell No Longer
The band is calling it quits. The post Dew-Scented Smell No Longer appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Bad Wolves Get Last Laugh With Birthday Prank on Five Finger Death Punch’s Zoltan Bathory
See what the Bad Wolves guys had in store for birthday boy Zoltan Bathory at a recent Five Finger Death Punch show. Continue reading…
- WE ARE SENTINELS Feat. Former ICED EARTH Singer MATT BARLOW: Debut Album To Arrive In July
WE ARE SENTINELS (formerly SENTINELS), the new project featuring vocalist Matt Barlow (ICED EARTH, ASHES OF ARES, PYRAMAZE) and composer, keyboardist and pianist Jonah Weingarten (PYRAMAZE, STRUCTURE OF INHUMANITY), will release its self-titled debut album on July 6 in Europe via SAOL. The track listing for the effort is as follows: 01. From My Tower […]
- GHOST Releases New Song ‘Dance Macabre’ Via Instagram Stories
Grammy Award-winning rock band GHOST today treated fans to an early listen of track “Dance Macabre” off its forthcoming fourth sacred psalm, “Prequelle”. The song is available to stream in its entirety for a limited time exclusively via @thebandghost Instagram Stories. Watch Sister Imperator, Chris Jericho, Kirk Hammett, Charlie Benante, Mike Mckenna, Aleister Black, Jessica […]
- Former Korn Manager Jeff Kwatinetz Claims He + Ice Cube Were Involved in Bizarre Political Bribery Plot
The rock manager and BIG3 honcho recalls how Qatari investors attempted to curry favor with one of Kwatinetz’s other business associates, Steve Bannon. Continue reading…
- Saxon’s Biff Byford on reviving dead musicians as holograms: ‘It’s wrong’
Saxon frontman Biff Byford has had his say on the growing trend of reviving dead musicians as holograms.
- Body Count Release Vengeful Video for ‘All Love Is Lost’ Featuring Max Cavalera
The clip, directed by Jay Rodriguez, addresses the discovery of an unfaithful relationship and the jealousy, rage and violence that ensues. Continue reading…
- Nine Inch Nails Unveil ‘God Break Down the Door,’ Talk ‘Bad Witch’ Disc
Take a listen to the chaotic new NIN track and see what Trent Reznor has to say about the ‘Bad Witch’ album and its place in their trilogy. Continue reading…
- Dirkschneider / U.D.O. announce temporary guitarist who appears to be Stefan Kaufmann
- Listen: Nine Inch Nails Help “God Break Down the Door”
So many saxophones! The post Listen: Nine Inch Nails Help “God Break Down the Door” appeared first on MetalSucks.
- MEGADETH’s DAVE MUSTAINE Talks ‘Spider Chord’ Guitar Technique, GRAMMY Win (Video)
This past March, MEGADETH’s Dave Mustaine took part in an installment of “Art Of The Craft” hosted by the Nashville chapter of The Recording Academy. The Grammy winner detailed his unique approach to the guitar, including demonstrating his “spider chord” guitar technique and how classic songs such as “Wake Up Dead” from MEGADETH’s 1986 album, […]
- WHITESNAKE’s JOEL HOEKSTRA Explains ‘Flesh & Blood’ Album Delay
WHITESNAKE guitarist Joel Hoekstra spoke to the “Ouch You’re On My Hair” podcast about the decision to push back the projected release date of the band’s new album, “Flesh & Blood”, to next year. “A lot of it just has to do with how long it takes after you turn something in these days,” he […]
- Album Review: Bleeding Through’s Love Will Kill All
Jesus Christ. The post Album Review: Bleeding Through’s <em>Love Will Kill All</em> appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Pantera’s Phil Anselmo: “I’m A Staunch Atheist”
Pantera frontman Phil Anselmo spoke in an interview with Andivero and explained his thoughts about experiencing death and how it affected his view on life and spirituality. He said: “Make no mistake, I have died before, there’s no faking death. If you can imagine how you felt before you were born, it was that level […]
- Rights To 130 JUDAS PRIEST Songs Up For Sale After K.K. DOWNING’s Golf Dream Comes To An End
According to Billboard, a share of JUDAS PRIEST’s back catalogue has been put on sale. Available for purchase is a portion of the rights of 136 songs, including classic tracks like “Breaking The Law” and “Living After Midnight”, said to be worth between £250,000 (approximately $337,000) and £300,000 (approximately $405,000) a year. The move follows […]
- CRY TOUGH … Rikki Rockett on Bret Michaels solo career: “There’s definitely some resentment”
CRY TOUGH Rikki Rockett on Bret Michaels solo career: “There’s definitely some resentment” OC Weekly — Rikki Rockett spoke to Southern California’s OC Weekly in a recent interview to promote the band’s local tour kick-off show. Poison will play at FivePoint Amphitheatre in Irvine California on May 18th to start their summer tour. Rockett […]
- Richie Sambora Wanted Bon Jovi to Be Less of a Solo Vehicle for the Band’s Singer
‘It was going towards Jon being the front-guy and nothing else,’ said Sambora. Continue reading…
- Watch Foo Fighters’ Taylor Hawkins Play Drums for Elementary School Students to Support Music Education
Taylor Hawkins and The Lovin’ Spoonfull’s drummer Mike Aturi played drums for 10 minutes in front of an adoring young crowd and all for a good cause. Continue reading…
- Bret Michaels offers advice for aspiring singers, songwriters and bands
- Completely Unreadable Band Logo of the Week: Win a Copy of Savagery by Skinless!
I’ll tell ya what’s savage is this goddamn logo right here. The post Completely Unreadable Band Logo of the Week: Win a Copy of <em>Savagery</em> by Skinless! appeared first on MetalSucks.
- KORN’s JONATHAN DAVIS Has ‘All Sorts Of Ideas’ For Second Solo Album
Jonathan Davis is already thinking ahead to his second solo album. The KORN frontman, whose first solo disc, “Black Labyrinth”, will arrive next week, told U.K.’s Ticketmaster that he’s “got all sorts of ideas” for the follow-up effort. “I’ve got ones I’ve already put together,” he said. Davis, who began his solo tour in support […]
- GEORGE LYNCH And COREY GLOVER Team Up In ULTRAPHONIX: ‘Original Human Music’ Album Due In August
earMUSIC has announced the worldwide release of the debut album by ULTRAPHONIX, the new creation of Corey Glover (LIVING COLOUR) and George Lynch (DOKKEN, LYNCH MOB), alongside the great rhythm section formed by drummer Chris Moore and Pancho Tomaselli on bass. “Original Human Music” was co-produced by Bob Daspit (SAMMY HAGAR) and it displays the […]
- Watch LAMB OF GOD’s Video For Cover Of BIG BLACK’s ‘Kerosene’
Richmond, Virginia metallers LAMB OF GOD have released the Zev Deans-directed video for their cover version of the BIG BLACK song “Kerosene”. The track is taken from LAMB OF GOD’s covers album, “Legion: XX”, which will be released under the BURN THE PRIEST banner on May 18 via Nuclear Blast in Europe and Epic Records […]
- Here’s a Preview of System of a Down’s Serj Tankian on Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown
The singer will take Bourdain on a culinary tour of Armenia. Episode airs this Sunday. The post Here’s a Preview of System of a Down’s Serj Tankian on <em>Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown</em> appeared first on MetalSucks.
- 13 Rock + Metal Bands Banned by Disney
Disney appears to ban bands from their House of Blues venues without much rhyme or reason when it comes to consistency. Continue reading…
- Must-Listen: NPR’s Invisibilia Focuses on Sexual Assault and Ostracism of Abusers in the Virginia Hardcore Scene
A highly nuanced look at the pain of both the abused and the abusers. The post Must-Listen: NPR’s <em>Invisibilia</em> Focuses on Sexual Assault and Ostracism of Abusers in the Virginia Hardcore Scene appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Ultraphonix feat. guitarist George Lynch and singer Corey Glover to release debut album in August
- ‘The Music Of Cream – 50th Anniversary’ Feat. KOFI BAKER, MALCOLM BRUCE And WILL JOHNS: North American Tour Announced
Following their successful inaugural tour across Australia and New Zealand in 2017, the pedigree of hallowed ’60s trio CREAM — Ginger Baker’s son Kofi Baker, Jack Bruce’s son Malcolm Bruce and Eric Clapton’s nephew (by marriage) Will Johns — have come together for the first time in North America to pay homage to the band’s […]
- Op-Ed: Ghost WILL Be the Next Big Arena Rock Band in Metal
They are ready. Are you? The post Op-Ed: Ghost WILL Be the Next Big Arena Rock Band in Metal appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Video Premiere: POP EVIL’s ‘A Crime To Remember’
American rock titans POP EVIL have debuted a stunning new music video for their track “A Crime To Remember”. Directed by Columbia Tatone, who also helmed the band’s last two videos, “Waking Lions” and “Colors Bleed”, this is now the third music video installment we’ve seen from the band’s most recent self-titled LP. The video […]
- 30 Years Ago: Judas Priest Flash Metal Form on Experimental ‘Ram It Down’
Following the less than positive reception to ‘Turbo,’ Judas Priest made an effort to get back to metal basics on ‘Ram It Down’ without shaking off the synths. Continue reading…
- Video Premiere: BODY COUNT’s ‘All Love Is Lost’ Feat. MAX CAVALERA
BODY COUNT, the metal band fronted by hip-hop legend, actor and director Ice-T, has released the official music video for the song “All Love Is Lost”. The track, which features a guest appearance by Max Cavalera (SOULFLY, SEPULTURA), is taken from BODY COUNT’s latest album, “Bloodlust”, which was released in March 2017 via Century Media […]
- Kerrang! Says These Are the Best Metal Bands from Each State in the U.S.
Grab your lozenges, it’s time to start screaming at one another! The post Kerrang! Says These Are the Best Metal Bands from Each State in the U.S. appeared first on MetalSucks.
- Korn’s Jonathan Davis Wants to Write a ‘Dark Metal Musical’
Jonathan Davis is about to release his solo album and already has ambitions for other projects outside of Korn. Continue reading…
- Vinnie Vincent to headline upcoming Nashville Rock N Pod Expo on August 25th
- Top 10 Bands Who Never Changed Their Sound
If you write the best song in the world, there’s no shame in writing it again and again and again. Continue reading…
- SEAR BLISS: ‘Shroud’ Lyric Video Released
Long-running Hungarian atmospheric black metal band SEAR BLISS will release its eighth album, “Letters From The Edge”, in July via Hammerheart Records. The group, which is celebrating its 25th anniversary, has just made available the first song, “Shroud”, from the upcoming album in the form of a lyric video created by guitarist Attila Kovács. SEAR […]
- DEVILDRIVER Unveils Part Three Of ‘Outlaws ‘Til The End’ Interview Series: ‘The Guests’
DEVILDRIVER’s long-awaited full-length album of outlaw country-gone-metal anthems, “Outlaws ‘Til The End”, will be released on July 6 via Napalm Records. The disc is described in a press release as “both a startling curveball and a ferocious statement of individuality from a band who have been a constant and effective force in the heavy metal […]
- SPOCK’S BEARD: ‘Somebody’s Home’ Lyric Video Released
U.S. progressive rockers SPOCK’S BEARD will release their 13th studio album, “Noise Floor”, on May 25. For this disc, Ted Leonard, Alan Morse, Dave Meros and Ryo Okumoto are joined in the studio once again by drummer and original member Nick D’Virgilio. The official lyric video for the song “Somebody’s Home” can be seen below. […]
- Pop Evil Drop Protest Video For ‘A Crime to Remember’
Watch a new video from Pop Evil as they continue to promote their new self-titled record. Continue reading…
- IRON MAIDEN’s BRUCE DICKINSON Talks About Embraer Legacy 500 Private Jet (Video)
IRON MAIDEN’s Bruce Dickinson, an accomplished pilot, recently visited Embraer to spend some time flying a Legacy 500, which the employees personalized for the occasion. Check out what has to say about the plane in the video below (courtesy of AINonline.com). The Embraer Legacy 500 is a midsize private jet introduced in 2014. It costs […]
- TIAMAT Plays Special ‘Clouds’ And ‘Wildhoney’ Set In Stockholm (Video)
On May 10, Swedish atmospheric goth rock metal band TIAMAT gave a special concert at Kägelbanan in Stockholm, Sweden during which it performed mainly songs from its acclaimed classic albums “Clouds” (1992) and “Wildhoney” (1994). The band’s lineup for the show was as follows: Johan Edlund – Vocals Lars Sköld – Drums Roger Öjersson – […]
- Burn the Priest (Lamb of God) Get Fired Up in Video for Cover of Big Black’s ‘Kerosene’
Indulge your inner pyro with this new video from Burn the Priest (Lamb of God) as they celebrate their 20th anniversary with a covers album. Continue reading…
- Metallica – Murder One (Official Music Video)
From the album “Hardwired…To Self-Destruct” available everywhere on November 18. Directed by Robert Valley
- Shim Gets an Amen From Sock Puppet Choir in ‘Hallelujah’ Video – Exclusive Premiere
Watch Shim and Little Shim go head-to-head for attention in the new ‘Hallelujah’ video. Continue reading…